Visual Studio Code Plugin for Magento 2 is a free VS Code addon that you may install to boost the capabilities of your Visual Studio Code. Furthermore, it is an advanced Magento 2 AutoSuggestion extension for Visual Studio Code.s
Note- To use Visual Studio Code Plugin for Magento 2, Magento root folder should be opened in the workspace.
- It helps to auto-suggest a list of Magento’s core class namespaces.
- It auto-suggests a list of class functions whose object is injected in the constructor.
- Boilerplates available for basic XML and PHP functionalities can be invoked by using the prefix ‘!wk’.
- Table, columns and constraints will be autocompleted in db_schema.xml
- One can create basic module files using a command palette.
- One can also update the namespaces for newly created files.
- Tags will be autosuggested and basic functionalities (like Template Overriding) will be autocompleted in layout files.
- Groups, sections, fields, validations, etc., will be autosuggested in system.xml.
- The event name will show in suggestion in the events.xml file.
Launch VS Code Quick Open (
Ctrl+P), paste the following command to install , and press enter.
Command- ext install Webkul.automagedev
Wants to know more about Installation, Visit Here.
Magento 2 Company ? Read More
Auto Suggestion in Visual Studio Code Plugin for Magento 2
While writing a code, the related suggestions will appeared just after entering the word Magento.
List of Class Functions in Visual Studio code plugin for Magento 2
We can see the related list of class functions whose object is injected in the constructor.
Create Basic Module Files in Visual Studio code plugin for Magento 2
We can create basic modules files using command palette.
Event Name Suggestion
The name of the event will appear in the events.xml file as a suggestion.
Table, columns and constraints will be autocompleted in db_schema.xml
A column has- int, smallint, decimal, text, timestamp, varchar
A Constraint has – primary, foreign.
Available tag suggestions – tab, label, resource, validate, comment, source_model, backend_model, system, depends, section, group, field (text), field (select), field (multiselect), field (image), field (password), field (obscure),
Validations autocomplete –
alphanumeric, integer, ipv4, ipv6, letters-only, letters-with-basic-punc, mobileUK, no-marginal-whitespace, no-whitespace, phoneUK, phoneUS, required-entry, time, time12h, validate-admin-password, validate-alphanum-with-spaces, validate-clean-url, validate-currency-dollar, validate-data, validate-date-au, validate-email, validate-emailSender, validate-fax, validate-no-empty, validate-no-html-tags, validate-password, validate-phoneLax, validate-phoneStrict, validate-select, validate-ssn, validate-street, validate-url, validate-xml-identifier, validate-zip-us, vinUS,
Available suggestions – block, referenceBlock, container, referenceContainer, arguments, head, body, action, title, css, update, link, action (Template override), arguments (Template override).
In conclusion, this plugin helps you to make your visual code experience smooth.
So, that’s all about the Visual Studio Code Plugin for Magento 2, still have any issue feel free to raise a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better https://webkul.uvdesk.com