Magento 2 Quote System will allow the customers to quote for the products in Magento 2 store. This module is very helpful in ordering the admin products in bulk. The buyers can communicate with the admin for any queries regarding the quoted products.
**Note: Magento 2 Quote System will not work with the Grouped Products.
- Admin can show/hide “add to cart” button and product price on category and product page.
- The module supports custom options.
- Admin can apply quotation for his products.
- Admin can approve, disapprove quotation requests of the customers as per his requirement.
- Admin can edit and delete the quotation requests from his panel.
- Only registered customers can send quotation requests.
- Email notification for each action to customer and admin as well.
- The admin and the customers can add image and file attachments to the quote request.
- Create quote for Simple, configurable, downloadable and virtual product at admin end has been added.
- Admin can allow the file types for attachment.
- Both can send messages to each other in the quote request.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory:
Second Command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration For Multi-lingual Support
If a user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/Quotesystem/i18n in their unzipped Magento2 Quotesystem folder and will get a CSV file with name “en_US.csv”. Now they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language. After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/Quotesystem/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on the server. The module will get translated into the German Language. It supports both RTL and LTR languages.
The admin can configure the module by following the navigation, Stores>Quotesystem.
- Quote system Enable/Disable- The module can be enabled or disabled from here.
- Allow To use Discount while quote product is in cart- The admin can allow the discount on quote product to be applied or not. That is, it’s upon admin if the quoted product will have a discount or not.
- Allowed File Types for Attachment – The admin can allow the file types for attachment only those file types customer can upload from the frontend.
- Show Add to Cart – The admin can show/display “Add to cart” button at the front end by selecting ” Yes” else “No”.
- Show Product Price – The admin can show product/display price at the front end by selecting ” Yes” else “No”.
- Minimum Quote Quantity: The admin can set a default minimum quote quantity for the case when there is no value set for minimum quantity at the product. If the minimum quote quantity is set at the product then only that value will work with the respective product.
- New Quote Email Template- The template for a new quote can be entered here which will be sent when a new quote is generated.
- Quote Status Email Template-This quote template will be sent when there is a change in quote status.
- Quote Message Email Template-This quote message is sent when a quote is raised.
- Quote Edited Email Template-This mail is sent when a quote is edited.
Admin can navigate through Products -> Catalog and select a product or create a new one to add the quotation request. Admin will have to set the Quote Status for the product as Yes and set Minimum Quote Quantity so that customer can quote for that product quantity as shown below.
Admin will find the quotes under Webkul Quote System->Manage Quotes as shown below.
Here admin can manage as well as can add a new quote for the product on behalf of customer. Admin can Delete & Update the quote requests as – Unapproved, Approved and Declined for each request as required.
The admin can also add new quote for the products by clicking on the ” Add New Quote ” button.
After clicking on the ” Add New Quote ” button, the admin will get a new window showing the list of customers. From there the admin can easily select the customer as shown below.
After selecting the particular customer on the next window will find the list of that customer requested products. The admin will click on “Add Quote” option for the requested product.
Now from here the admin can easily add a quote to the product by providing information in the fields like Quantity, Price per item, description & also can attach the digital version of quotation & will successfully Submit it.
After submitting the quote price, the admin from a single page can view all the requested quotes, can easily manage all the quote requests like Declined, unapproved or can approve it.
If a Quote order is completed then Quote status automatically become sold. If Admin changes the status of the requested Quote then the buyer will get a mail regarding the status change.
After clicking on the edit button, admin can edit the quote, quote status and send a message to the customer. If the admin is satisfied with the quote request he can approve it and the customer will have an add to cart button available to buy the product.
Admin can find the quote conversations with the customer under Quote Conversation as shown below.
The admin can even view all the attachments here.
On the front-end, Add Quote option is also available on the category page to let the customers Quote the products.
The buyer can easily quote for the product by clicking to the ” Add to Quote ” button, A pop-up will appear when clicking on Add Quote button as per the below image.
Here, the customer will-
- Quantity: enter the product quantity the customer wants to quote for. The entered product quantity should be greater than the configured minimum product quantity applicable for requesting the quote.
- Price Per Item: define the product price the customer wants to pay for per quantity.
- Description: add an additional message or quote details for the admin.
- Attachments: can even add image/file attachments.
The customer can even submit a quote from the product page by clicking on the Quote This Product button.
The buyer can easily quote for the product by clicking to the ” Quote this product ” button, A pop-up will appear & rest process will be same as we have seen above.
Buyer Can View The Quote
After submitting the quotation request the buyer can find the details of the quoted requests under his account menu item -> My Quotes.
The buyers can see the complete conversation had with the admin.
Purchase of a Quote Product
That’s all for the Magento 2 Quote System. Still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 3.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, and 2.3.x