Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce)Quote System will allow the customers to quote for the products in Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce Cloud)store. This module is very helpful in ordering the admin products in bulk. The buyers can communicate with the admin for any queries regarding the quoted products.
Note – Quote System for Magento 2 will not work with the Grouped Products.
Watch the below video tutorial to understand the extension workflow:
Quote System Features
- Admin can show/hide the “add to cart” button and product price on the category and product page.
- The module supports custom options.
- The owner can apply a quotation for his products.
- The module allows the admin to Add Multiple Quotes in one go
- Admin can approve, and disapprove quotation requests of the customers as per his requirement.
- Admin and customer can edit and delete the quotation requests from his panel.
- Only registered customers can send quotation requests.
- Customer and admin both can create quotes for out-of-stock products.
- Email notification for each action to customer and admin as well.
- The admin and the customers can add images and file attachments to the quote request.
- Create a quote for Simple, configurable, downloadable, and virtual products at the admin end has been added.
- Admin can allow the file types for attachment.
- Both can send messages to each other in the quote request..
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. Moreover, the extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder.
Now, you need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
Magento 2 Company ? Read More
And after the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory:
First command –
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command –
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command –
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Then after running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration For Multi-lingual Support
If a user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/Quotesystem/i18n in their unzipped Magento2(Adobe Commerce Cloud) Quotesystem folder and will get a CSV file with the name “en_US.csv”.
Now they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language.
After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/Quotesystem/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on the server.
The module will get translated into the German Language. It supports both RTL and LTR languages.
The admin can configure the module by following the navigation, Stores>Quotesystem.
- Quote system Enable/Disable- The module can be enabled or disabled from here.
- Allow To use Discount while quote product is in cart- Then admin can allow the discount on quote product to be applied or not. That is, it’s upon admin if the quoted product will have a discount or not.
- Allowed File Types for Attachment – After that, the owner can allow the file types for attachment only those file types customers can upload from the frontend.
- Show Add to Cart – The admin can show/display the “Add to cart” button at the front end by selecting ” Yes” else “No”.
- Show Product Price – The merchant can show the product/display price at the front end by selecting ” Yes” else “No”.
- Allow Adding Out of Stock Product To Quote- The Customer and admin both can create quotes for out-of-stock products by selecting ” Yes” else “No”.
- Minimum Quote Quantity: The admin can set a default minimum quote quantity for the case when there is no value set for the minimum quantity at the product. If the minimum quote quantity is set at the product then only that value will work with the respective product.
- New Quote Email Template- The template for a new quote can be entered here which will be sent when a new quote is generated.
- Email Template for Quote Status – A quote template will be sent when there is a change in quote status.
- Quote Message Email Template– This quote message is sent when a quote is raised.
- Edited Quote Email Template- Mail is sent when a quote is edited.
The owner can navigate through the Products -> Catalog and select a product or create a new one to add the quotation request.
Store admin will have to set the Quote Status for the product as Yes and set Minimum Quote Quantity so that customers can quote for that product quantity as shown below:
Store Admin will find the quotes under Webkul Quote System->Manage Quotes as shown below:
Here admin can manage as well as can add a new quote for the product on behalf of the customer.
Add New Quote
The admin can also add a new quote for the products by clicking on the ” Add New Quote ” button:
To check the quote in detail admin can click on view quote. Admin can Delete & Update the quote requests as – Unapproved, Approved, and Declined for each request as required.
Post clicking on the ” Add New Quote ” button, the admin will get a new window showing the list of customers. From there the admin can easily select the customer as shown below:
After selecting the particular customer on the next window will find the list of that customer’s requested products. The admin will click on the “Add Quote” option for the requested product.
Now, this module allows the admin to Add Multiple Quotes in one go. Also, the admin can easily add a quote to the product by providing information in the fields.
Admin needs to define Quantity, Price per item, and description & also can attach the digital version of the quotation & will successfully Submit it.
Thereafter submitting the quoted price, the admin from a single page can view all the requested quotes, and can easily manage all the quote requests like Declined, unapproved, or can approve it.
If a Quote order is completed then Quote status automatically becomes sold. If Admin changes the status of the requested Quote then the buyer will get a mail regarding the status change.
Admin can edit a quote request by clicking on the edit button next to the request as shown below:
Next clicking on the edit button, the admin can edit the quote, quote status, and send a message to the customer. If the admin is satisfied with the quote request he can approve it and the customer will have an add to cart button available to buy the product.
Admin can find the quote conversations with the customer under Quote Conversation as shown below:
This module facilitates the store admin with a print quote feature, check the below-given image for more details:
On the front-end, the Add Quote option is also available on the category page to let the customers Quote the products
The buyer can easily quote for the product by clicking to the ” Add to Quote ” button, A pop-up will appear when clicking on Add Quote button as per the below image:
Here, the customer will-
- Quantity: enter the product quantity the customer wants to quote for. The entered product quantity should be greater than the configured minimum product quantity applicable for requesting the quote.
- Price Per Item: define the product price the customer wants to pay for per quantity.
- Description: Add an additional message or quote details for the admin.
- Attachments: can even add image/file attachments.
The customer can even submit a quote from the product page by clicking on the Quote This Product button:
The buyer can easily quote for the product by clicking on the ” Quote this product ” button, A pop-up will appear & the rest process will be the same as we have seen above.
The shopper can also quote multiple products and add them to the cart, from there the customer can create a combined quote for multiple products by clicking on the “Generate Quote” button.
Buyer Can View The Quote
Later submitting the quotation request the buyer can find the details of the quoted requests under his account menu item -> My Quotes>Requested Quotes.
The buyers can view the quote by clicking on “View Quote”. & if in case the customer has generated multiple quotes then it will be shown as two separate as shown below:
Here, the customers can update their quotation requests by clicking the edit button next to the quoted item.
The shoppers can see the complete conversation had with the admin.
Also, for the record, the customer can easily print out the quote product data. By clicking on the “Print Quote” button.
Purchase of a Quote Product
Moreover, after approval of the quote from the admin, the “Add To Cart” button will be available to the buyer to add the product to the cart.
Now, by clicking “Add To Cart” the product will be added to the cart.
Henceforth the products will be displayed as below image in the cart :
That’s all for the Magento 2(Adobe Commerce) Quote System. Still, have any issues then feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x
Leave a Comment