Magento 2 Quickbooks Multi-User Connector: Quickbooks is one of the most reliable financial accounting software for small or mid-sized businesses.
Such businesses use Quickbooks to manage the financial aspects such as expense management, income management, tax management, etc.
Quickbooks Multi-User Connector integrates the features of Quickbooks.
This extension facilitates the admin to create multiple accounts and link each account with the respective store view.
Moreover, the admin can create sales receipts for events such as Order Place, Invoice Create, Order Complete, configure the inventory asset account, income/ asset accounts, etc.
Magento 2 Company ? Read More
The main feature of this extension is order export and credit memo export. In a few easy steps, the store admin can export the order and credit memos on Quickbooks.
The admin can access the data on Quickbooks conveniently, whenever there is a need, and track the sales and various financial activities effectively.
- The store admin can manually import credit memo from store on Quickbooks with products and customer.
- Multiple accounts can be created and the admin can assign a store to each account.
- After account creation, the account is authorized with Quickbooks.
- It facilitates order export feature to QB.
- Downloadable products create on Quickbooks as a Non-Inventory product.
- Works for Quickbooks Oauth2 authentication.
- It even supports etickets type products.
- The store admin can manually import sales receipt of store’s order on Quickbooks with products and customer.
- The admin can view the store’s sales receipt of order export on Quickbooks along with payment method description.
- Auto-creation of sales receipt on Quickbooks when order placed, invoice create and order complete from the store.
- Auto-creation of credit memo on Quickbooks when credit memo is generate on store.
- Disable auto-synchronization of sales receipts and credit memos.
Customers will get a zip folder. Then they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder.
On successfully installing the module, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command –
composer require quickbooks/v3-php-sdk
Second command –
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Third Command –
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Fourth Command –
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
For translating the module language, navigate through src/app/code/Webkul/MultiQuickbooksConnect/i18n and edit the en_US.csv file.
Thereafter, rename the CSV as “en_SA.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the Arabic language. After editing the CSV, save it.
Then upload it to the path src/app/code/Webkul/MultiQuickbooksConnect/i18n where the Magento2 is installed on the server.
Retrieving Quickbooks API Keys: For OAuth2
The admin can retrieve the OAuth2 API keys by simply following the given steps.
- To get the Client Id and Client Secret for the OAuth2 authentication navigate to https://developer.intuit.com/.
- Create a new account even if you already have an account by clicking the SignUp button.
- Enter the details required for registration and click the “Create Account” option on the registration page.
- After clicking the Create Account option your account will be created on QuickBooks.
- Thereafter, the user will find a page with an option to choose “Choose an App” or “Select APIs“.
- Further, tap the option – Select APIs.
- Thereafter, the user can go to the Settings menu option and rename the new app and click the Save button to save the changes.
- It’s just that the user can recognize the app easily.
- Thereafter, the user navigates to the “Keys” menu option to find your – Client ID and Client Secret.
- Copy these keys to the module configuration part in the admin panel.
- You must set the redirect URL.
- To set the redirect URL, click the Add URL link, enter the redirect URL and click the save button after that. As shown below, example.com is your site URL.
If you are using the application in the sandbox mode then you can make use of Development keys.
If you are using the application in the Live mode then you can make use of the Production keys.
Admin Permissions: Quickbooks Multi-User Connector
After successfully installing the module and retrieving the API keys, the admin can set the configurations.
The admin can follow either of the two paths to configure the module-
- Stores > Configuration > Multi Quickbooks Connect, or
- Multi Quickbooks Connect (dashboard menu option) > Configuration Settings
The admin can navigate to Multi Quickbooks Connect tab so as to configure the settings of the extension as shown in the image below.
The admin can set the configurations for as under Multi Quickbooks Connect as under-
- General Settings
Enable: The admin can set the status of the module as Enable.
Account Type: The admin choose Sandbox or Production against this tab, as need be.
Client Id: The admin retrieves it from the Quickbooks website.
Client Secret: The admin retrieves it from the Quickbooks website.
- Notification for sync Tax Rates
The tax rates which the admin defines in the Magento store, are to be created on the Quickbooks as well to sync tax details with orders.
- If the store admin export products inclusive Tax to Quickbooks, the admin will have to create the same Tax (for the product) on the Quickbooks as well.
- Only then the product will be exported, otherwise, an error message will display.
After setting the basic configurations, the admin can navigate to Multi Quickbooks Connect > Quickbooks Accounts in order to create Quickbooks Accounts.
The admin will find the Add New QB Account button as shown in the image below, clicking which the admin can add new Quickbooks accounts.
As the admin clicks on the Add New QB Account button, it redirects to the QB Account page.
To add a new account, the admin needs to add an Account Name such as QB_3 and add a store (that’ll be linked with the account) against the Associate to Store field.
On saving the details, a success message, “Account Saved successfully. You Need to authorize it” will display.
To proceed with the authorize process, the admin will have to click the Edit link under Action column.
It redirects to the respective account’s page (QB_3, here) where the admin will find the Connect with Quickbooks tab.
The admin will have to tap on the same for authorizing the created account with Quickbooks.
This will redirect to the Sign In page as shown in the image below. The admin will have to fill in the Email address and the Password to login to Quickbooks.
On tapping the Sign In button, it redirects to the Quickbooks page, where the admin needs to set the Company under Search for a Company.
To continue with the authorize process, the admin must click on the Next tab.
On doing so, a succes message, “Quickbooks account successfully authorized. Please refresh page for view changes” shall display as shown in the image below.
As soon as the account gets authorized, rest of the configuration tabs for the respective Quickbooks account will appear.
The first tab is General Configuration tab where the admin will confnigure the fields such as Sales Receipt Create On Quickbook, Quickbooks US Store, Income Account, etc.
The admin can set the QB General Configutaion as under-
Sales Receipt Create On Quickbooks– The admin can choose an event for which sales receipt will be created on QB.
Four options are available – No Order Sync, Order Place, Invoice Create, and Order Complete.
Credit Memo Auto Sync to Quickbooks – The admin can select to enable or disable the auto exporting of credit memo on QuickBooks once created in the Magento store.
Quickbooks US Store- The admin can Enable or Disable it for the US store.
Inventory Other Asset Account- An inventory asset account is to be chosen by the admin.
Income Account- The admin can configure an income account.
Expense Account- The admin needs to configure an expense account as well.
Export Order: Quickbooks Multi-User Connector
Once the configurations are set for the QB Account, the admin can proceed to export the order.
The admin will select the order(s) to export from the order list. Thereafter, the admin chooses Export Orders to Quickbooks under Actions tab and click on the Submit button.
This redirects to the Export Process Execution page as shown in the image below.
Once the process is complete, the order that is exported, lists down under Mapped Order.
On completion of the export order process, the admin can find the list of exported orders under the Mapped Order.
Under Mapped Order tab, the admin will find the details such as Mage Order Id, Invoice Id, Quickbooks Sales Receipt Doc Number, Status, Purchase Date, Export to Quickbooks On and Action.
Export Credit Memo: Quickbooks Multi-User Connector
Another feature associated with this extension is that the admin can even export the credit memos.
The procedure is same as that of the Export Order process.
The admin needs to choose the credit memo(s) from the given list. Thereafter, choose Export Credit Memos to Quickbooks and tap on Submit.
Mapped Credit Memo
As the Export Credit Memo process completes, the admin can find the list of exported credit memos under Mapped Credit Memo tab.
The admin can view the details such as Mage Creditmemo Id, Quickbooks Creditmemo Id, Quickbooks Creditmemo Doc Number, Export to Quickbooks On and Action.
Order Synchronization on QB: Quickbooks Multi-User Connector
The store admin can login to the QuickBooks Account. In the Quickbooks Dashboard, the admin will find the Sales menu option.
The admin can proceed to view the details of the transaction by simply clicking on the respective transaction.
The Header of the Sales Receipt will display the Order Id. It displays the customer name, billing address, payment method, product/ service description along with its quantity, rate, amount, and tax.
Further, the admin will find the Sales Tax applicable and Amount Received as shown in the image below.
Moving on, the admin can navigate to Sales > Product and Services, and view the details of the product/ services and associated accounts.
Adding Tax Rates: for Quickbooks Multi-User Connector
It is necessary to create the taxes on Quickbooks as well otherwise the order (that includes tax) cannot be exported.
Therefore, to add the tax, the store admin needs to navigate to the Quickbooks Sandbox Account page by simply logging in, as shown in the image below.
On the Quickbooks Sandbox Account page, Continue to old tax center button is present as shown in the above image.
As the admin clicks on the same, it redirects to the Tax Rate listing page as shown in the image below.
Likewise, on clicking the New tab, it redirects to the New Sales Tax Rate page.
The admin will have to add the Tax Name, Agency Name, and the Rate in percentage and proceed to save the details.
Subsequently, the tax which the admin adds will display in the Tax Listing page as shown in the image below.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Multi QuickBooks Connect. If you face any issue, feel free to add a ticket at Webkul support system.
Current Product Version - 3.0.1
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x