Magento 2 Product Attachment: The module is equipped with product pages with a special attachments block where the admin can upload various files such as user guides, certificates, licenses, and many others.
Further, upload icons relative to the specific attachment type so that the customer can easily specify the attachment files. Upload an unlimited number of any file types like gif, png, jpg, and jpeg, and make product pages as informative as possible.
Meanwhile, there are often some essential additional data on the offerings that must be provided to the customers in the most convenient and transparent manner. Adding files allows for making pages maximally informative & taking the deal further.
Watch the below video tutorial to understand the extension workflow :
- The admin can upload Product attachments.
- Admin can assign and upload the attachment from the products Grid as well.
- The admin can see uploaded Product attachments in the Product attachment Grid.
- The admin can Enable or Disable uploaded Product attachments.
- Admin can upload Product attachment Icons.
- The admin can Enable or Disable uploaded Product attachment icons.
- The customer can see the product Attachments in the product details tab and product overview.
- Admin can configure to display alias name instead of the attachment name.
- The admin can set the maximum number of attachments to display in the product overview.
- The admin set attachment size will be displayed at the front end or not.
- Admin can set the default color for the attachment title.
- The admin can save the Product Attachments according to Store.
- The admin can also assign the products at the time of the creation of the product attachment.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
Magento 2 Company ? Read More
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory:
First command – php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration For Multi-Lingual Support
For multilingual support, the admin will navigate through Store->Configuration->General ->Locale Options and select the locale as German (the language into which the admin want to translate his store content).
Further, if you want to translate their module language from English to German then follow the path app/code/Webkul/ProductAttachment/i18n in their unzipped Magento2 Preorder folder, and then you will get a CSV file with the name “en_US.csv”.
Now, rename that csv as to your region code and language code “de_DE.csv” and translate all right-side content after a comma in your language. After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/ProductAttachment/i18n where you have installed Magento 2 on their server. The module will get translated into your desired Language. It also supports RTL and LTR languages.
Moreover, the user can edit the CSV like the image below.
Module Configuration – Magento 2 Product Attachment
After the installation of Magento 2 Product Attachment, the admin will find the configuration settings panel by navigating through Stores->Configuration->Product Attachment Configuration as per the snapshot below.
Meanwhile, under the Product Attachment Configuration option, there are two settings for configuring this module –
In the general settings, the admin can-
- Set the FTP path for File Uploading.
- select the file types in Attachment Allowed Extensions field.
In the display settings, the admin can-
- Enable the module by selecting “Yes” or Disable it by selecting “No”.
- Specify a Customer Group for which the attachment will be visible on the front end.
- Set as “Yes” to display the attachment block only if the product has been ordered, and “No” to display the attachment block always.
- Set Block Title for Attachments.
- This field will be set as “Yes” to display the Alias Name instead of the Attachment Name.
- Set as “Yes” to display the Attachment Size at the front end.
- The admin can set the Default Color for the attachment title.
- Set as ‘yes’ to display attachments in the Product Overview on the front end.
- Set Block Title for Attachments Overview.
- Enter the maximum number of attachments to display in the product overview.
After configuring the module, click on the “Save Config” button.
Configuring – Magento 2 Product Attachment
After configuring the module’s general & Display settings. The admin from the Dashboard will navigate to Product Attachments Management to manage the product attachment & Icons.
Manage Product Attachment
Under this, the admin can find the list of all existing product attachments.
From here the admin can manage the product attachments. In order to update an attachment click on “Edit”. As shown below.
Admin can manage the existing attachments & also can add a new attachment by clicking on the “Add Attachment” button.
For adding a new attachment, product attachment information need to be entered by the admin-
- Need to add the Attachment Name.
- Enter the Alias Name.
- Upload the Attachment File.
- Enter Alt Text in order to effectively search the attachment file.
- Add a Description for the attachment.
- Can “Enable” or “Disable” the status of the attachment to make it visible on the front end?
- Choose the Store View to display the attachment.
- Enter a Sort Order to set the position for the attachment.
In the product assignment, the admin can select all the products the admin want to assign to this attachment as shown below.
Manage Attachment Icon
Under this tab the admin can manage the existing attachment icons as well can add a new icon for the attachments. When the file is uploaded, the icon on the front end indicates the file format to the customer. This informs the customers what file type they are about to download.
Edit the Icon
The admin can edit the existing icon by clicking on “Edit” as shown below –
Add New Icon
Here to add the icon for attachment, the admin needs to enter-
- Name of the icon.
- The Alias Name.
- Attachment Extension file type
- Choose an Icon file to upload.
- Enter Alt Text for the icon.
- Select Status for the icon i.e, Enabled or Disabled.
Upload & Attach Files
The attachments can be associated with the products in two ways.
Upload File from Product Grid View
Here the admin can add attachments to the product just by clicking on the upload option available on every product from the grid only.
After clicking on the “Upload Files”, the next screen will open consisting of existing attachments. From here the admin will select the attachment which is required to be attached with the product, then select the dropdown “Assign selected files” and save it.
Also, from here the admin can directly add and upload an attachment. For this first click on “Upload Attachment” and then select the specific file to upload from the system, then the selected file will show with other existing attachments just select the desired attachment and assign it to the product.
Upload from Product Page
This is the standard method in which the admin can upload files and restrict their access to specific customer groups from the product edit sheet.
Here the admin need to provide-
- Name for the attachment.
- Alias Name of the attachment.
- Browse the file from the system.
- Select the specific Customer Group.
- Can select as “No” to Show the attachment to the customer every time whether the product is ordered or not, and if selected as “Yes” then the attachment will be visible only if the product has been ordered once.
- Can select whether to make Attachment Visible or not and then Save the product.
- Color code for the attachment title.
After successful configuration done by the admin, let see the frontend of the web store. Here on the product page, the customer can easily find the Product Attachment Overview and Product Attachment section.
Moreover, by clicking on Details option, the customer can see the attachment information as shown in the below screenshot.
Further, as the customer clicks on the attachment, the file will open in a new tab, from where the customer can take a preview of the attachment.
That is all for the Magento 2 Product Management still, have any issues feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 4.0.4
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x