Magento 2 Order Split & Merge allows the admin to split and merge orders. Hence, with the use of this module, the admin can easily manage the orders and shipments by splitting and merging orders.
Even, the admin can also cut the extra expenditures on the shipping. Moreover, it avoids many difficulties that a Magento admin faces in managing the order and shipment and can be used as an OMS(Order Management System).
Furthermore, this module also helps Magento 2 store owners who ship products from different warehouses. If an order contains different products that need to be shipped from different warehouses, then the admin can split the order and manage the shipments easily for each warehouse.
- Order placed with offline payment methods can only get split and merged.
- Invoiced orders cannot get merged or split.
- If the shipment is generated for orders then they cannot get merged or split.
Benefits of Split & Merge Orders
- Avoid shipping expenditures by merging 2 or more orders to one shipment.
- Save time and avoid the hassle by Merging the orders automatically.
- Split order according to the warehouses from which products will get shipped.
- Avoid confusion by splitting an order when one part of the order is ready to ship.
- Split orders and manage refunds easily in case you need to refund one of the products from an order.
- Divide huge orders so that it can cover your standard shipment size.
Watch the video to understand the extension workflow:-
- The admin has the option to Merge Orders.
- Order split feature available for the admin.
- The merchant has the option to set the merging of the order automatically.
- The owner can set shipping charge calculation when the order is merged automatically.
- The admin can also split shipping charges while splitting orders.
- Option to merge shipping charges while merging the order.
- The admin can also use the parent order shipping charge while merging the order.
- A custom shipping charge can be applied for merging the order.
- The admin can select parent order while merging two or more orders.
- Shipping charge can be applied while splitting the order.
For installing Magento 2 Order Split & Merge extension, follow the steps mentioned below:
Magento 2 Company ? Read More
Step 1: The customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. Please select the correct folder according to your Magento version (2.1.x, 2.2.x, or 2.3.x ).
And, now, unzip the respective extension zip and then move “app” folder (inside “src” folder) into Magento root directory on the server.
Step 2: So, after the above step, run the below mentioned commands in the Magento 2 root directory via terminal.
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Step 3: Lastly, flush the cache and re-index all by navigating through System->Cache Management.
Moreover, for translating the module language, navigate through app>code>Webkul>SplitAndMergeOrder>i18n and edit the en_US.csv file.
Now, translate the words on the right and upload the modified file to the same location. The filename of the translated file should be according to the language and region code like de_DE.csv.
After the module installation, you can configure the module by logging in to the admin section. Then, you need to navigate to the Store>Configuration. From there, navigate to Webkul> Split And Merge Order.
Now, under Magento 2 Order Split & Merge configuration section the admin will find 3 Tabs.
Merge Order Validations:
Now, the admin can configure the options for merging orders.
Minimum Order– Here the admin needs to enter the minimum number of orders which can be merged. Here the minimum value will be ‘2’.
Maximum Orders– Here the admin needs to enter the maximum number of orders which can be merged.
Order Amount After Merge (Minimum) – Now, enter the minimum order total which should be there after merge.
Order Amount After Merge (Maximum) – Then, enter the maximum order total which should be there after merge.
Collective Weight After Merge Maximum – Then, the admin needs to enter the maximum collective weight allowed of an order after merge.
Now, Under Merge Order Validations, the admin can also see the other conditions to merge orders like this:
Split Order Validations
Herein, the admin can configure the options for split orders.
Quantity of Products in Order (Minimum) – Enter the minimum quantity of products which should be there in the order. You will not be able to enter less than 2 here.
Minimum Price of the Order– Enter the minimum order total which should be there.
Auto Merge Order
Under this tab, the admin can enable the auto merger of orders and configure the settings.
The admin can split an order with multiple products or Quantities. Once the order is placed the admin can go to Sales>Orders. From here, the admin needs to select the order from the grid which needs to split.
Customer Placed Order
Customer Order Details
Admin Side Order Details
Hereafter selecting the order, the admin needs to click on ‘Actions’ and select ‘Split’ like this:
Afterward clicking on the split, a pop-up will appear where can see the following:
- Set of condition check if the order can get split or not.
- Option to enter the number of products that need to split. Enter ‘0’ if you do not want to split that product.
- Option to select shipping for the orders which will get split.
Under Choose Shipping Option the admin will have the following options:
- Split Order Shipping Charges into Two Orders: It will split the shipping charges into both the orders created.
- Use Only Main Shipping Charges: It will only calculate shipping on the main order.
- Use Custom Shipping Charges: You can enter custom shipping charges here but the method will be the same.
Post entering the quantity to split and selecting the shipping order the admin can click on ‘Proceed to Split’ to split the order.
The admin can merge multiple orders from the order grid. From here, the admin needs to select orders from the grid which need to merge.
Select Merge From Dropdown
Now the admin can select the action to merge under the ‘Actions’ option.
After selecting the ‘Merge’ option the admin will get a popup showing all the conditions. If all conditions are fulfilled then the admin will see the next button.
After clicking on the Next button, a new screen will appear. Here, the admin can select which order will be the parent order. Also, the admin will have the option to choose the shipping.
The admin will have the following options for shipping:
1- Merge all orders shipping charges: It will merge the shipping charges of all the orders which are being merged.
2- Use Only Parent Order Shipping: It will only calculate shipping on the parent order.
3- Use Custom Shipping Charges: You can enter custom shipping charges here but the method will be the same.
After selecting the parent order and shipping option, click on the Merge orders button. It will merge the orders and also give you a success message like this:
After merging the order, all the orders apart from the parent order will get canceled.
Also, all the other orders will not contain any product information as they are merged. The admin can see the merged order with all the products.
Also, there will be a comment on all the orders to tell the information of the order merger.
Customer Side Order Status
In this way, the admin can easily merge multiple orders and ship them. It will surely help the admin to reduce shipping costs and also the order processing time.
That was all about the Magento 2 Order Split & Merge extension.
Moreover, if you have any doubts or queries regarding the extension get back to us at [email protected] or create a ticket at our HelpDesk system.
Current Product Version - 5.0.2
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x
Leave a Comment