The critical/big purchase process within the marketplace requires submitting a request for the purchase, gaining admin approval, and then making the payment for the products. But using the Magento 2 Order Approval Rules module, the customers can place the orders and wait for admin approval to complete their orders.
The admin can easily approve/disapprove orders placed by the customer. This allows the admin to make sure that only after checking whether the order is fine or not the order be approved. Only after the admin approval, the customer can complete the order.
Email notifications are sent to both the admin and the customer related to order approval status.
- Enable or disable the module as per the choice.
- Various custom order status is available Like order_approval_pending, order_approved, order_disapproved.
- Create custom order approve condition as per cart attributes, product attributes, shipping methods, address etc.
- Set a custom message visible on the checkout page if the order is under moderation.
- The customer will be notified via a mail for order approval requirement.
- The customer will be notified by a mail if the order gets approved/disapproved by the admin.
- The “Complete Order” link will be generated at customer end if the order gets approved by the admin.
- To complete the order, the customer selects the payment method and make the payment.
- Separate section to view pending orders which require approval.
- The admin can easily approve and disapprove the orders in bulk.
- The admin can even generate CSV or excel of the pending orders.
- The module supports only registered users.
The customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command – php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
For module translation, navigate to the following path in your system app/code/Webkul/OrderApproval/i18n/en_US.csv. Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in the below screenshot.
Then replace the words after the comma(,) on the right in the file with your translated words.
After editing and translating the CSV file, you need to save the translated file name according to your region language and country code such as – de_DE.CSV. Followed by uploading the translated file to the same folder from where you have obtained it. Now your module translation is complete.
After the module installation, the admin will configure the module settings. For this, the admin will navigate to Stores -> Configuration -> Webkul -> Order Approval as shown below.
Here, the admin will –
- Enable Order Approval – Enable the module by selecting Yes else, select No to disable the module.
- Admin Mail – Configure the admin email address to receive emails for the orders placed using order approval.
- Conditional Order Approval Check – Select Yes if order approval required on the basis of certain conditions/rules. Else, select No if order approval required without any condition check.
- Order Approval Required – If Conditional Order Approval Check field is enabled then, define the rule/condition check to enable the order approval feature. Else, this field will be hidden if Conditional Order Approval Check field is disabled.
- Message For Buyer – Enter the message which will be visible to the customers on the checkout page if the order will be under moderation.
- Message For Buyer When Order Is Completed – Enter the message which will be visible to the customers on the checkout page while completing the order.
Email Templates Settings
- Order Approval Pending Mail – Set email template for the order approval pending notification to the customer whenever the new order is created.
- Order Approval Mail – Set email template for the order approved notification to the customer when the pending order is approved by the admin.
- Order Disapproved Mail – Set email template for the order disapproved notification to the customer when the pending order is disapproved by the admin.
Note: The admin can create various custom email templates by navigating to the Marketing -> Communication -> Email Templates.
Checkout With Order Approval
The customer will place the order just like default Magento. But when it comes to select the payment method, the checkout will display only the Order Approval payment method as shown below.
The customer can view the “order approval required” message if the order will be under moderation. And, will select the Order Approval payment method to place the order.
The customers can view their orders under the section My Orders as shown below.
Here, the customer can check the status of their orders that whether their orders have been approved by the admin or not. The Complete Order link will be generated in front of the respective order if that order gets approved by the admin. Else, the Order Disapproved status gets updated for the order which gets disapproved by the admin.
The customer can click this Complete Order link to complete the order.
Note: If the guest customer places the order and If that order satisfies the condition of the order approval then this module asks the guest customer to login at the time of placing order.
And if the condition is not satisfied then the guest customer can checkout without login.
Manage Orders Which Require Approval – Admin End
The admin can view and manage the orders which are pending for approval. For this, the admin needs to navigate to Sales -> Pending Orders as shown below.
This will navigate the admin to the Pending Orders For Approval list page.
Here, the admin can –
- Check the status of the orders that whether the pending orders have been approved or not under the column Status.
- Approve/Disapprove the orders. For this, select the orders from the list and choose the required action from the Action drop-down list.
- View the order details by clicking the View link.
If The Order Is Disapproved
If the order is disapproved, the respective status gets updated at the admin and customer end too.
- Customer End
- Admin End
Also, if the order is disapproved, then the admin will not have the following options in order detail page to manage the order –
If The Order Is Approved
If the order is approved, the respective status gets updated at the admin and customer end too.
- Customer End
- Admin End
The following options to manage the order in order detail page will not be visible to the admin until and unless the customer doesn’t complete the order –
Complete The Order – Customer End
The Complete Order link will be generated in front of the respective order if that order gets approved by the admin.
The customer can click this Complete Order link to complete the order. This will redirect the customer to a page as shown below.
Here, the customer will select the payment method as per the choice and completes the order by clicking the Place Order button. The order status also gets changed as shown below.
Also, the Complete Order link will no longer visible once the customer completes the order.
Process The Order – Admin End
Once the customer completes the order, that order will longer visible in Pending Order for Approval list at the admin end. The admin can view and manage those orders by navigating to Sales -> Orders as shown below.
The order status also gets updated. The admin will click the View link to process the order.
Now in order detail page, the admin will have the following options which were not available earlier to manage the order –
Generate CSV Or Excel Of Pending Orders – Admin End
Current Product Version - 2.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x , 2.1.x , 2.2.x , 2.3.x