Request For Quotation (RFQ) is a standard Reverse Auction process and also use for the Tender eProcurement system where the buyer invites multiple suppliers into a bidding process to bid on specific products or services. After receiving the RFQs, each seller sends its own quote for the product to the buyer. After approving the quote, the buyer can purchase the product at a competitive price.
Magento 2 Marketplace Request For Quotation (RFQ) allows the customer to send the RFQs to the marketplace sellers. Each seller can view and manage the RFQ from their end. The admin can configure auto or manual approval of RFQs from the back-end.
With the help of Marketplace RFQ, the admin can create custom fields for the RFQ form. These additional fields allow the customer to provide detailed specifications of the items/services to the sellers. The more detailed the product specifications, the more accurate and comparable will be quotes.
Please Note – To use Magento 2 Marketplace Request For Quotation, you must have Webkul Magento 2 Multi-Vendor Marketplace extension installed.
- Admin can approve RFQs automatically or manually.
- ‘Request For Quote’ button on all the product pages.
- Create custom attributes fields for the RFQ form.
- Allow customers to send RFQs even if the product doesn’t exist in the marketplace.
- Email notifications for new RFQ, seller reply, and customer reply.
- Customer and seller can communicate from their RFQ dashboard.
- Customers can upload image files with the RFQ.
- Sellers can update the bulk order quantity.
- Quotation status – pending, open, answered, resolved, closed.
- Other sellers cannot contact the customer once the quotation is resolved.
- Only Logged-In customers can send RFQs.
- Supports multiple languages and translations.
- Module source code is 100% open for customization.
- The admin can select the seller’s from the list and send the RFQ to whom the quote should go.
- The admin can map attributes with the category to display attribute field on RFQ form.
- The customer can select the desired product attribute with the RFQ.
- An online e-tender and RFQ system for customers to request information and price quotations.
To install this extension, please follow each and every step carefully as follows:
After extracting the downloaded zip file and you will get the src folder. Inside src folder, you will find the app folder, copy the app folder to the Magento2 root directory. Please view the below screenshot.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
After running the commands, you need to flush the cache and reindex all from the Magento2 admin panel. Navigate through System>Cache Management. Click Flush Magento Cache button as shown below:
Change Language & Region
For Multilingual support, please navigate. Store>Configuration>General >Locale Options. And select your desired language from the Locale option.
If you need to do the module translation, please navigate the following path in your system. app/code/Webkul/Requestforquote/i18n. Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in below screenshot.
Once you have opened the file for editing. Replace the words after the comma(,) on the right with your translated words.
After editing the CSV file, save it and then upload it to the same folder. Now your module translation is complete.
After successfully installing the module, the admin needs to go to the backend admin panel and follow Stores>Configuration>Webkul>Request For Quote. The following page will open as visible in the screenshot.
Request For Quote Settings
Enable – Select Yes option to enable Marketplace Request For Quotation. Else, select No to disable the module.
Minimum Quantity for “Request For Quote” – Set the default quantity for the RFQ. The customers won’t be able to send the RFQ lower than the specified value here.
Request For Quote Transactional Emails
Mail to Seller Template – Select the email template for the sellers, when a new RFQ is created.
Reply Mail to Seller Template – Select the email template for the seller, when the customer sends a reply.
Reply Mail to Customer Template – Select the email template for the customer, when a seller sends any message to the customer.
RFQ Form Custom Fields
With this extension, the admin can create customized fields for the RFQ form. To create a new form field, please go to Stores>Product>Add New Attribute. The following page will appear:
Enter the title for the field in the Default Label and click Save Attribute. Please leave rest of the option as it is. Also, at the moment you can only select Catalog Input Type as Text Field only.
Manage RFQ Form Custom Fields
After creating the RFQ form field, the admin has to go to Marketplace Management>Manage Custom Attributes. From here, the admin can show or hide the custom form fields.
- First, select a custom field using the checkbox option.
- Then, go to Actions and select Show In Front or Hide From Front accordingly.
- You can use various filters and search option to find any custom form field from the list.
Category and Attribute Set Mapping
The admin can even provide an option to select the attribute based on the category while submitting the RFQ form.
To do so, the admin has to map attribute with category by navigating through Marketplace Management–>>Category and Attribute Set Mapping. Here, the admin can view the list of mapped category and attribute set as shown below:
Now, click on the Add Mapping button. A new page will appear, here the admin needs to first map attribute set with the category. Select the attribute set and category from the drop-down as shown below:
After that, go to the next tab Map Attributes. Click on it. Here, select the attribute which should display in the RFQ form as shown below:
After clicking the ‘Request for Quote’ button, the following form will appear. Here, the product name, tax class, description, images, minimum quantity for RFQ will be visible.
The customer can update quantity, upload additional images, and change the description. The custom RFQ fields will be visible under the section ‘Admin Attribute Information’.
Also, customer can select the desired product attribute specified by the admin. Here the customer can provide additional information as asked.
Click Request for Quote button to send the RFQ to the sellers. The customer will get a success message on top – “Request for quote was successfully sent”. The Request For Quotation will be sent to all the sellers of the marketplace.
Note: In Admin Attribute Information, customer name attribute can be only of “Text Field Type.”
RFQ for New Product
If a product doesn’t exist in the marketplace, the customer can still send an RFQ to all the sellers. To do that the customer can go to header menu and click Request For Quote option, please view the below screenshot:
After clicking the ‘Request for Quote’ option, the following page will appear. Here the customer needs to enter the following information:
- Name of the product
- The customer can update the quantity
- Select the Tax Class
- Upload sample images
- Enter some description
- Provide additional information using custom fields
Send RFQ to Sellers
The admin needs to send the Request For Quotations to the sellers by going to Marketplace Management>Manage Requested Quotes. Here, the admin can find and view all the requests for quotations. The admin can see the requested quote for the product, quantity requested, customer name, date created, and the status of the quote.
First, click on the Send Quote button, a pop window as shown below will appear. Here the admin can select the seller from the seller’s list and send the quote to the selected seller by clicking Send Quote button.
View RFQ by Seller
When a new RFQ is sent to the sellers by the admin, the sellers will get an email notification as below. A seller can view the requested quote product with the bulk quantity requested.
All Requested Quotes
After logging into the seller account, the seller can go to My Account>Request for Quote>All Requested Quotes for viewing all the RFQs. All the requests will be automatically divided into the following statuses:
- Open – When the customer sends a reply to the seller, the quote status will become ‘Open’.
- Pending – All the new requests will be under ‘Pending’ status.
- Answered – When the seller sends a reply to the customer, the quote status will become ‘Answered’.
- Resolved – When the customer accepts the offered quotation of the seller, its status will become ‘Resolved’.
- Closed – When the customer accepts the offered quotation of the seller, its status will become ‘Closed’ for other sellers.
Here the seller can also see the Requested Quote For Product, Customer Name, Created On, and Action. Various filter options can be used to find the product from the list – Subject, Date, or Status.
View Pending Quote
After clicking the View link, the seller can view the detailed information of the RFQ.
The seller needs to enter the offered Bulk Quoted Quantity with the Per Unit Price. The seller can also write a response and upload any sample images with the message. When the seller sends the reply to the customer, its status will be changed to ‘Answered’ automatically.
View RFQ by Customer
After sending the RFQs, the customer can view and manage the all requested RFQs from ‘My Account>My Requested Quotes’.
- When a new RFQ is submitted and it is not yet sent to the sellers, its status will be ‘Pending’.
- When the admin sends the RFQ to the sellers, its status will become ‘Sent to Seller’.
View RFQ Details
The customer can view the detailed information about the RFQ by clicking View link. The following page will open showing the requested quote details. The customer can click the (Sent to # sellers) link to view the quotes given by the sellers.
From the My Account Section, The Customer can set the Billing Address and Shipping Information as well by navigating to My Account>Address Book
Note: Input type for the Shipping address attribute could be only “Text Field Type.”
Views Quotes By Seller
All the seller quotes are automatically divided into five different statuses:
- Open – When a new message is sent by the seller, the quote status will be Open.
- Pending – When the customer submits a new RFQ and not yet sent to the sellers, its status will be ‘Pending’.
- Answered – When the RFQ is sent to the sellers, its status will be Answered. Also, when a customer sends a reply to the seller, the quote status will be ‘Answered’.
- Resolved – When the quote is approved and accepted by the customer, its status will be changed to ‘Resolved’.
- Closed – When the customer accepts any seller’s quotation, the other sellers will not be able to contact the customer. For other sellers, this quotation status will be ‘Closed’.
Open Quote Status
When the seller sends a reply to the customer for quotation, an email notification will be sent to the customer. Please view the following email notification. Also, the quote status will be changed to Open.
In the Open Quote status, the customer can see the offered Bulk Quoted Quantity with the Quoted Price. The customer can send a reply to the seller for any query or negotiation. When the customer sends a message to the seller, the quote status will be changed to ‘Answered’.
If the customer wants to accept the offered quote of the seller, the customer can tick the checkbox “Click here to approve last quote price and quantity.” and click Send Message button. The quote will become ‘Resolved’.
When the customer approves the quotation of any seller, the other sellers will not be able to contact the customer. For other sellers, this quotation request will become closed. Other sellers and the customer can send or receive the messages.
Create RFQ Product
Once the quotation has been approved by a customer, the seller needs to click Create Product button. After that, the quote product will be added to the seller’s catalog.
Seller Product List
A seller cannot make any changes to the quoted product. Its price and quantity will be fixed according to the quotation approved by a customer.
Purchase RFQ Product
Once the quotation is approved and resolved, the customer can purchase and pay for the product. Approved quotation information is also visible in the resolved quote.
Select Shipping Method
Select Payment Method
Here, the customer will select a payment method for the quoted product and place the order. After placing the order successfully, the customer can view the order details from My Account section.
RFQ Order Details
The admin as well as the seller, can see the order information and complete the order. the seller will create an invoice, generate a shipment, and send tracking information to the customer.
Thank you for reading this post 🙂 In case you need more information or require any customization, then please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 3.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x