EasyPost allows businesses to integrate tracking statuses, address verification, label purchasing, rating, and more from DHL Global Mail, FedEx, UPS, USPS, and other regional carriers into their site or application and now we have integrated it with the Webkul’s marketplace.
EasyPost works as a mediator wherein you can save your various carrier-specific credentials with them and you get a key that you can set up in the admin back-end. Now, whenever you ship your products the shipping cost is automatically calculated according to the selected shipping method by the customers.
Please Note – This module is an add-on of Webkul Magento 2 Marketplace Module. To use this module you must have installed first Webkul Magento 2 Multi-Vendor Marketplace Module.
- The admin can enable or disable the Marketplace EasyPost Shipping method.
- The admin can set the Marketplace EasyPost shipping title name that will be shown from front-end.
- The admin can allow sellers to save his/her EasyPost Credentials.
- The EasyPost shipping rate will be calculated from seller’s address.
- The seller can download EasyPost Shipment Label in PNG format.
Note: The zip folder that you get will have 2 folders within – Easypost and Base Shipping. This folder configuration is valid only for the Magento 2.2.x version and not for the lower versions(2.0.x, and 2.1.x).
In case you are using Magento 2.2.x, you will have to move the app folder within the src folder for both the folders into the magento root folder. Only after this the module will work correctly.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento 2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory:
First command – php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Configuration For Multi-Lingual Support
To configure the extension, the admin will –
- Select “Yes” to enable the extension for use else selects “No” to disable the extension.
- Select “Yes” to select the Sandbox mode(Test mode) else select “No” to use the Production mode.
- Enter the Shipping Title that is visible to the customers at the front-end.
- Enter the API key for the Admin’s EasyPost account.
- Select the weight unit as “Pounds” or “Kilograms” as per the requirement.
- Under “Allow Sellers to Save EasyPost Details” set “Yes” to allow the sellers to save their EasyPost Shipping credentials under their account panel else select “No“.
- For the setting “Allow Sellers to Display Company logo On EasyPost label” — if “Yes” is selected then the sellers will be able to display their company logo on the EasyPost label else if “No” is selected then they can not print their company logo on the EasyPost label.
- Enter the Error Message that will be displayed if “Show Method If Not Applicable” is selected as “Yes“.
- Select “Yes” for “Show Method If Not Applicable” to show the error message if the method is not available.
- Select “Yes” to generate the debug log in the system backend else select “No” to not generate a debug log.
- Set the length, width, and height of the package.
If the admin has set “Allow Sellers to Save EasyPost Details” as “Yes” in the extension configuration settings, then the sellers will find a new menu option under their marketplace block – “Manage EasyPost Shipping”.
Workflow At Buyer’s End
When the buyer adds the products into the cart and goes for the checkout, he will be able to see the Webkul EasyPost Shipping on the checkout page as per the snapshot below.
The customers can also see the selected shipping method on the Order Review page as well.
After the order has been placed, the customer can see the order details under their account menu option “My Orders“.
Seller Order Management
When the order is placed, the seller can see the order under “My Order History” as per the image below.
If admin sets the “Allow Seller to Manage Order” option “yes” then the seller can manage the orders from front-end. Now the seller can generate invoices for their ordered products, generate the tracking number and shipment for the orders of their products. Even the seller can notify the customers by sending them emails, cancel/refund the order and even print the order.
Shipping information –
- EasyPost Shipping label:
That’s all for the Magento 2 Marketplace EasyPost Shipping. If you have any suggestions or customization request regarding this extension you can get back to us at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 2.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x