Australian Post Shipping is an Australian government-owned corporation that provides postal service both locally and internationally. Now, we have integrated it with the Webkul Magento 2 Marketplace.
Using the Magento 2 Marketplace Australia Post Shipping, the admin and the sellers can provide their customers to select the Australia Post shipping method for getting their shipments delivered. Thus, this shipment method can be used for shipping the products within Australia and internationally.
Thus, this extension is an add-on of the Webkul’s Marketplace. To make use of this extension you must first install the Multi Vendor Marketplace module.
- The admin can enable or disable the Marketplace Australia Post method.
- The admin can set the Marketplace Australia Post shipping method name that will be shown on the front-end.
- The handling fee can even be specified by the store owner.
- Australia Post shipping rate will be calculated from the seller’s address.
- The admin can allow sellers to save their Australia Post Credentials.
- Shipments can be delivered domestically/locally(within Australia) and internationally(from Australia to other countries).
Hence, the customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system.
Hereafter the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory:
First command –
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command –
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Run the Third Command –
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Configuration For Multi-Lingual Support
Thus, post the successful installation of the extension, the admin will navigate to Stores->Configuration-> Sales->Shipping Methods->Webkul Marketplace Australia Post Shipping.
Hence, to configure the extension, the admin will –
- Selects “Yes” to enable the extension for use else selects “No” to disable the extension.
- Enter the Shipping Title that is visible to the customers at the front-end.
- Enter the API key for the Admin’s Australia Post account.
- Select the weight unit as “Pounds” or “Kilograms” as per the requirement.
- Select Ship to Applicable Countries as “All Allowed Countries” if you want to ship to all countries else you can select “Specific Countries” and then select the specific countries under the option “Ship to Specific Countries” where you want to ship.
- Thus, go for the “Yes” to show the Method if not applicable for “Show Method If Not Applicable” else select “No“.
- Enter the Error Message that is displayed when the shipping method is not available.
- Set the Handling Fee if any that will be applicable.
- Under “Allow Sellers to Save Australia Post Details” set as “Yes” to allow the sellers to save their Australia Post Shipping credentials else select “No“.
- Set the package length, Width, and Height of the parcel(enter these values for domestic shipping).
How to get the API Key
Step 1: The admin needs to have a personal account at the Australian Post website. For creating a new account click here.
Step 2: Now, to get the API key please click here and login using your account credentials. After login, you will see the below screen.
Let’s see how the shipping method works on the website. Thus, for this, the first step required is to add the product to the cart.
Post, this the customer can proceed to the checkout page wherein the shipping method selection takes place. Additionally, along with this, the shipping address must be stated.
Finally, the customer can accomplish the checkout process by selecting the payment method and click on Place Order.
Seller Order Management
Hence, when the order is placed, the seller can see the order under “My Order History” as per the image below.
Now click on the View Order button to see the details for the order. Thus, the seller can see the selected shipping that was selected by the customer.
So, the seller can generate Shipment for the orders from the order section.
However, the seller can click on the Tracking information to track the package.
Thus, the seller can also print the packing for the shipment from the shipment page.
Admin Order Management
The admin can view and manage all the orders(along with the seller’s orders). Hence, for this, the admin will navigate to the Sales > Order as per the below image:
Here, the admin can view the complete list of the orders. Hence, to manage and generate invoices, the shipment of the orders, the admin selects the order from the list.
So, the admin can-
- notify the customers by sending them emails,
- cancel/hold the order and
- even edit/reorder the product order.
The admin can generate and manage the invoice for their product. However, the store owner can view the invoice of the seller also if it’s part of the order.
Thus, the admin can even generate the shipment of the product which can be viewed in the shipment tab. This will also contain the shipment by the seller if the seller’s product is part of the order.
The admin can also print the packing for the shipment from the shipment page.
So, that’s all for the Magento 2 Marketplace Australian Post Shipping module. Still, have a doubt get back to us at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 5.0.0.
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x