Multi Vendor ShipStation Integration for Magento 2: Connect your Webkul Marketplace with ShipStation platform for efficient processing, fulfilling, and shipping of orders via major shipping carriers.
Magento 2 Multi-Vendor ShipStation Integration will allow sellers and the admin to create shipments using ShipStation web-based software.
Please Note – This module is an add-on of Webkul Magento 2 Marketplace Module. To use this module you must have installed first Webkul Magento 2 Multi-Vendor Marketplace Module.
Features of Multi Vendor ShipStation Integration
- The Admin can enable or disable Marketplace Ship Station Shipping method.
- The Admin can set the Marketplace Ship Station shipping method name that will be shown from the front side.
- Admin can set allowed Carriers type.
- Ship Station shipping rate will be calculated from the seller’s address.
- The Admin can create Ship Station shipment label
- Admin can allow sellers to save their Ship Station Credentials.
- The seller can add Invoice & Packing slip address, VAT, TAX information.
- Ability to download Invoice & shipping slip easily.
- The seller can download Ship Station Shipment Label in PDF format.
- Admin can enable automatically export Magento orders to ship station.
- The Sellers can export order on their Ship Station Account.
- The Seller can verify the customer’s domestic and as well as international address.
- Order status will be sync automatically on Ship Station.
Installation of Multi Vendor ShipStation Integration
Customers will get one zip folder and they have to extract the contents of the zip folder on their system.
The extracted folder has an src folder inside it. Inside the src folder, you will find the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory:
First command – php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Multi-Lingual Support ShipStation Integration
Language Translation Of ShipStation Integration
If a user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/MpShipStation/i18n in their unzipped Magento Marketplace folder and will get a CSV file with name “en_US.csv”.
Now they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language. After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/MpShipStation/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on their server.
The module will get translated in the German Language. It supports both the LTR and RTL languages.
How To get Shipstation API Credentials
Before you do the module configuration you need to register yourself on the ShipStation website in order to get the API Keys & API Secret.
On the Create Account Page enter all the required fields, read all the terms & condition and submit the details.
After submit, a verification email will be sent at your entered email id.
Now you can go to your email account and can check the verification email there, click on the verification link. After which your account got verified.
Now move to the ShipStation login page enter credentials and then you are successfully logged in to the ShipStation account.
Where you can manage your store in a number of ways like get insights into your sales & customer engagement, manage orders, shipments, products, calculate the rate of the shipping etc.
Now in order to get the API Key & Secret, navigate to the Account Settings -> API Settings, and there under the API Keys, you can find both Key & Secret. This will help you to enter these into your marketplace backend in order to integrate your ShipStation account with your marketplace.
You can see as per the screenshot below.
Seller ShipStation Management
Carriers & Fulfillment:
Shipping Providers (Carrier) are used when postage and print labels are purchased. Fulfillment Providers are used when a seller use 3rd party service for packaging and shipping. The seller can manage the shipping & fulfillment providers by navigating to Account Settings>Shipping>Carriers & Fulfillment>Add a Provider Account
Now, after clicking on Add a Provider account the seller or the admin can connect a Shipping or Fulfillment Provider which will reflect under ” Allow Carriers ” which can be visible under ShipStation Configuration for both admin & seller respectively.
Ship From Location:
Here, the seller set the location of the origin and return shipping address for the packages shipped through ShipStation. To set the Ship From Location seller need to navigate through Account Setting>Shipping>Ship From Location
Now, the seller can add the Ship From Location and other address information. The seller can also set the address as a default address for managing incoming order.
Using ShipStation by navigating to Account Setting>Shipping>International Setting, the seller can manage the custom information for every order that is imported with an international destination.
Admin End – Configuration
After successful installation of the module, you would be able to configure the module by navigating to ” Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Shipping methods, here you can find Webkul Marketplace Ship Station Shipping.
Now, you will be on the module configuration section as shown below in the snapshot.
Here, the admin to configure the module –
- Select “Yes” to enable the extension for use else selects “No” to disable the extension.
- Sandbox Mode-Select “Yes” to select the Sandbox mode(Test mode) else select “No” to use the Production mode.
- Enter the Shipping Title that is visible to the customers at the front-end.
- API Key– Enter the API Key for Admin’s ShipStation account.
- API Secret– Enter the API Secret for Admin’s ShipStation account.
- Weight– Select weight of the package either in Pounds or Kilograms.
- Allow Carriers– To process the shipment of the orders through selected carriers only
- Ship to Applicable Countries– Here can choose either allow shipping to specific countries or all countries.
- Ship to Specific Countries– Select the specific countries for shipping the product.
- Displayed Error Message- Show error message to the customer if a country other than selected specific countries were chosen.
- Handling Fees– Can manually enter the fees charged for handling.
- Allow Sellers to Manage Shipstation Orders– Can enable the sellers to manage their orders from their respective ShipStation account.
- Show Method if not applicable – Enter the Error Message that will be displayed if “Show Method If Not Applicable” is selected as “Yes“
Now under Ship Station Order Export Setting the admin can
- Select Yes or No to Export Order Automatically to ShipStation account of the seller.
- Export the discount by selecting Yes or No.
- Can Export custom attributes as custom options for the configurable products.
- Export Child Products in case of configurable products by selecting the option as Yes or No.
The seller can configure their online store with their ShipStation account. For this, the seller from their seller separate dashboard need to navigate through the Settings -> ShipStation Shipping
Here, the seller needs to enter his ShipStation account related API Key & API Secret. After entering the key & Secret tap the save button to save the configuration.
Checkout Process With ShipStation
The customer adds up the product into cart as shown below in the snapshot.
After that, the customer proceeds to the checkout and see the Webkul Ship Station Shipping on the checkout page as per the snapshot below.
The customers can also see the selected shipping method on the Order Review page as well.
Seller Order Management
When the order has been placed, the seller can see the order under “My Order History” as per the image below.
To manage and generate invoices, the shipment of the orders, the seller selects the order from the list.
The seller can even notify the customers by sending them emails and cancel the order.
If the admin has selected “Export Order Automatically” option as “No”, then the seller has to export the order manually from the manage order page itself.
ShipStation End Management
The sellers on their ShipStation account will find the exported orders and will manage them accordingly.
Now, the seller can find the Exported orders under the Orders -> Awaiting Payment option. Information like product name, SKU, date of order, Order number, Recipient info., Shipping info, order summary will get imported from the Magento store to ShipStation account.
The seller can view and manage all the exported orders from his Magento store &
- Awaiting Payment Menu: From this, the seller can find the orders who’s invoice has not been generated yet.
- Awaiting Shipment side Menu: From this, the seller can find the orders whose shipment has not been created yet.
- Shipped side menu: From here, the seller can find the orders whose shipment has been done.
- Cancelled Menu: The seller can find the orders which are cancelled.
Now the seller will create an invoice for the order from the sellers end on the website.
Then the particular order will be moved from the Awaiting Payment option to the Awaiting Shipment option.
Now before doing the shipment for the order, the seller can verify the address of the customer, can add tags to the order, can print packaging slips.
The seller can easily print the packaging slip, order summary & pick list from ShipStation. Shown in below screenshot.
The seller can easily print the packaging slip, order summary & pick list from ShipStation. Shown in below screenshot.
Now after creating the invoice & packaging slip for the order, the seller will do the shipment for the order from the backend.
After successfully making the shipment from the seller’s backend. On the ShipStation account of the seller, the particular order will now move from the Awaiting Shipment option -> Shipped option.
From here, the seller will select the order & then click on “Create Label” to create the label to be attached with the order to get it shipped.
Now after clicking on “Create Label”, the seller needs to update or verify the package & shipping details chosen by the customer, & will click on the “Create Label”.
After clicking on the “Create Label”, a new screen will pop-out, by which the seller can print the label. From here, the seller can Print label via ShipStation connect, Preview in the browser and can Download as PDF.
The generated shipping label will look like:-
Admin Order Management
The admins’ configured shipping carriers also get visible on the storefront too along with the sellers added carriers.
The customers can also see the selected shipping method on the Order Review page as well and place the order.
The admin can view and manage all the orders(along with the seller’s orders). For this, the admin will navigate to the Sales > Order as per the below image.
Here, the admin can view the complete list of the orders. To manage and generate invoices, shipment of the orders, the admin selects the order from the list.
The admin can-
- notify the customers by sending them emails,
- cancel/hold the order and
- even edit/reorder the product order.
The admin needs to manually export the order to ShipStation from the manage order page, if during configuration, the admin has set the “Export To ShipStation” to “No“.
After Exporting the order to the ShipStation, the successful order export message will appear as shown below.
After exporting the order to the ShipStation, the admin can find the Exported orders under the Orders -> Awaiting Payment option.
Information like product name, SKU, date of order, Order number, Recipient info., Shipping info, order summary will get imported from the Magento store to ShipStation account.
All the further stages in admins’ order workflow will be the same as for the seller workflow shown under Seller Order Management section.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Multi-Vendor ShipStation Integration. If you have any suggestions or customization request regarding this extension you can get back to us at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 3.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x & 2.3.x