Building a Laravel eCommerce website requires a thorough understanding of the eCommerce ecosystem and right data workflows.
With that comes the use of the framework that should be easy to code, have wide community support and should be scalable.
Here I am going to highlight how you easily set up your eCommerce Shop using Bagisto Laravel eCommerce package.
Bagisto — Laravel eCommerce
Bagisto is an Open Source eCommerce Framework built on tech stack comprising Laravel & Vue.js.
With the code-driven approach and the fully customisable structure, you can easily add/change anything and even deploy your code in Bagisto framework.
- OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or higher or WAMP/XAMPP environment
- Server: Apache 2 or NGINX
- RAM: 2 GB or higher.
- PHP: 7.1.17 or higher.
- Processor: Clock Cycle 1Ghz or higher.
- MySQL: 5.7.23 or higher.
- Node: 8.11.3 LTS or higher.
- Composer: 1.6.5 or higher.
Below we are going to describe how you can install bagisto using composer.
Follow the below steps to configure Bagisto.
- Downloading Bagisto
Open the SSH terminal and go to the specified folder. Run this Command to download the project on to your local machine or server
composer create-project bagisto/bagisto
In case, the composer is not installed in your system, you can run the composer commands, by downloading composer.phar file put in the root directory, then run the below command
php composer.phar create-project bagisto/bagisto
For downloadable zip file
In case you have downloaded the zip file, get inside the directory bagisto-master, then run the below command.
- Setting .env Variables
Once the process has been executed, open the .env file using editors and set your .env variable, especially the ones below:
For downloadable zip file
If you have downloaded the zip file, you will get the .env.example file. Just make a copy of that file as .env
cp .env.example .env
and set all the .env variable as mentioned above. Once the variables have been set, generate the application key
php artisan key:generate
Run the commands to continue the installation process
Execute below command to create a migration table in the database as defined in your .env file
php artisan migrate
Now the database will be seeded with default data using seed classes.
php artisan db:seed
With the below command, your configuration, assets (CSS, js, images etc) and all necessary files will be copied to the specified publish location
php artisan vendor:publish -> Press 0 and then press enter to publish all assets and configurations.
You should create a symbolic link of storage directory with the public using the below command so images will be publicly accessible
php artisan storage:link
This is the end of the installation process.
You can also go through with the video tutorial for the complete installation process.
After successful installation, just need to hit the public folder
and the front page of your website will pop up in front of you.
Accessing Admin Panel
To access the admin panel of your shop, you can follow the below URL
And use the following credentials
Using GUI Installer
In the new version recently launched, GUI Installer has been added, which has made the process of setting up your Bagisto eCommerce store much easier.
Kindly follow the below steps to install Bagisto using GUI Installer.
- After you have downloaded the Bagisto package and extracted that, go to the root directory of bagisto and run the below command to install dependencies of Bagisto.
- Once the dependencies have been installed, you need to click the public folder as there in the directory.
- The Bagisto installer will pop up in the next step where it will check for the minimum configuration as mentioned in the prerequisites. If everything is right, click Continue.
- In the next step, you need to fill the environment variables. Save and Continue.App Name: Here you need to provide the name of your application or your eCommerce store.
Database Name: Provide the name of the database that you have created for your store.
Username: Here you need to provide the Database server username for a successful connection.
Password: Provide the password for the database server.
- Next, you need to click Migrate and Seed button to perform successful migration and loading test data in the tables.
- Once the Migration and Seeder operation is completed, click Continue.
- At last, you need to provide Admin details of your eCommerce store.
- Click Finish after the installation has been done and you will be redirected to Sign In Page where you can provide admin credentials to check the admin panel.
Above are the steps by which you can easily set up your Laravel eCommerce store Bagisto and modify as per your requirement. As per their roadmap, new features will also be added like Multi-Vendor marketplace and Laravel POS System.
That is to say, the best thing with Bagisto is the simplicity and customisable structure by which you can easily customise the eCommerce Framework.
Let us know your feedback in comments below or If you are looking for any help regarding Bagisto Installation.