Building a Laravel eCommerce website requires a full understanding of the eCommerce ecosystem and also the right data workflows.
With that, there is the use of the framework that should be easy to code and should have wide community support also should be scalable.
However, with the complexity involved in developing the eCommerce framework, rather than one should better use a combination of Open Source eCommerce Framework that is truly built on Laravel such as Bagisto.
Here I am going to show how you can easily set up your eCommerce Shop using the Bagisto Laravel eCommerce package.
Bagisto — Laravel eCommerce
Bagisto is an open Source eCommerce Framework built on the top of Laravel and alsoVue.js.
With the code-driven approach and also the fully customizable structure, you can easily add/change anything and can even deploy your code in the Bagisto framework and create your own laravel eCommerce website.
- OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or higher or WAMP/XAMPP environment
- Server: Apache 2 or NGINX
- RAM: 2 GB or higher.
- PHP: 7.1.17 or higher.
- Processor: Clock Cycle 1Ghz or higher.
- MySQL: 5.7.23 or higher.
- Node: 8.11.3 LTS or higher.
- Composer: 1.6.5 or higher.
Below we are going to describe how you can install the Bagisto by using the composer.
Follow the steps below to configure the Bagisto.
- Downloading Bagisto
Open the SSH terminal and go to the specified folder also run the command below to download the project on to your local machine or server
composer create-project bagisto/bagisto
In case, the composer is not installed in your system, you can also run the composer commands, by downloading the composer.phar file and put it in the root directory, then run the command below.
php composer.phar create-project bagisto/bagisto
For a downloadable zip file
In case you have downloaded the zip file, get inside the directory bagisto-master, then run the below command.
- Setting .env Variables
Once the process has been executed, open the .env file using editors and set your .env variable, especially the ones below:
For a downloadable zip file
If you have downloaded the zip file, you will get the .env.example file. Just make a copy of that file as .env
cp .env.example .env
and also set all the .env variable as mentioned above. Once the variables have been set, generate the application key
php artisan key:generate
Run the commands below to continue the installation process
Execute below command to create a migration table in the database as defined in your .env file
php artisan migrate
Now the database will be seeded with default data using seed classes.
php artisan db:seed
With the command below, your configuration, assets (CSS, js, images, etc) and all necessary files will be copied to the specified publish location
php artisan vendor:publish -> Press 0 and then press enter to publish all assets and configurations.
You should create a symbolic link of storage directory with the public using the below command so that the images are publicly accessible.
php artisan storage:link
This is the end of the installation process.
You can also go through the video tutorial for the complete installation process.
after the successful installation, just need to click the public folder.
thus the front page of your website will pop up in front of you.
Accessing the Admin Panel
To access the admin panel of your shop, you can also follow the below URL
And use the following credentials
Using the GUI Installer
However, the new version also has been launched recently, the GUI Installer has been added, which has made the process of setting up your Bagisto eCommerce store much easier.
Thus follow the below steps to install Bagisto using GUI Installer.
- After you have downloaded the Bagisto package and extracted that, go to the root directory of the Bagisto and also run the below command to install all the dependencies of Bagisto.
- Once the dependencies have been installed, you need to click on the public folder as there in the directory.
- The Bagisto installer will pop up in the next step where it will check for the minimum configuration as mentioned in the prerequisites. If everything is allright, click the Continue button.
- In the next step, you need to fill the environment variables, at last Save and Continue.
Here you need to provide the name for your application or your eCommerce store.
Provide the name for the database that you have created for the store.
The database server username will be provided here.
Here you also need to provide the password for the database server.
- Next, you will need to click on the Migrate and Seed button to perform successful migration and also for loading test data in the tables.
- Once the Migration and Seeder operation is completed, click on the Continue button.
- At last, you will be needed to provide Admin details for your eCommerce store.
- Click on Finish after the installation has been over and you will be redirected to the Sign In Page, where you will provide the admin details to check the admin panel.
Above are the steps by which you can easily set up your Laravel eCommerce website in Bagisto and can also modify it as per your requirements.
The best thing about laravel eCommerce website is the simplicity and also the customizable structure by which you can easily customize the bagisto eCommerce Framework.
Moreover, the framework has been developed by the Webkul, which is also the leader for creating e-commerce extension and plugins for the past 10 years.
Let us also know about your feedback in the comments below and also if you are looking for any help regarding Bagisto Installation.