Today I face an error when I was trying to import an image by using following steps,
- Switch to image directory path,
- Then run load command to import docker image in my system,
cat docker_custom_image.tar | docker load
- After running load command I was getting an error,
“open /var/lib/docker/tmp/docker-import-622414428/bin/json: no such file or directory”
Then a bit searching and research I found few solutions to import the image,
- You can fix this issue by creating the tmp folder inside /var/lib/docker/.
(In my case this solution doesn’t work so I made a bit more research and find the solution.)
- I use below command in order to import the image.
cat docker_custom_image.tar | docker import - custom_docker/image
This ends up with the image showing up in
So this is how I found the solution to fix this issue but there is a question in everyone’s mind that why I was getting this issue?
now. Read More
cat image-file |docker load
Would only work if the image is created as a layered docker image, not as a tar ball.
Basically correct way to import the image,
We would love the hear your thoughts, suggestions, and questions in the comments below !!