Akeneo Augmented Reality PIM Guide – This extension allows the users to create AR Media and add it to products. The users must create an attribute by selecting the AR media type and assign it to the family.
It enables the users to add a 3-D AR model to the products in order to provide a more realistic view.
- This module works with Akeneo 3.x, 4.x, and 5.x. Download Akeneo from here
- Node and as well as Yarn packages need to be installed.
- This module is compatible with the Akeneo community and Enterprise(Flexibility) edition.
- If you want to use this extension on Akeneo EE Serenity mode, please contact us.
- For the Akeneo installation, your Akeneo server should meet these system requirements.
- Enhance your products with Augmented Reality Media.
- Users can preview AR media on their desktops, smartphones, and tablets.
- AR media with products can be imported and exported by users.
- The module allows users to view each and every side of the product.
- The users can upload GLB file for Android.
- The users can upload USDZ file for iOS.
- The module is accessible for product and product model types of products.
- This module is compatible with Akeneo latest version 5.x
Module Installation for Version 4.x to 5.x
Please follow the below steps for installing the Akeneo Augmented Reality Media module in your Akeneo PIM platform.
- Unzip the respective extension zip then merge the “src” folder into the Akeneo project root directory.
- Goto config/Bundles.php then add line:
Webkul\ArBundle\WebkulArBundle::class => ['all' => true],
in return array.
- Copy the “config” folder into akeneo project root directory for routing.
- Run this command after ssh to your akeneo server by terminal and navigating to Akeneo installation directory (ex. cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs).
rm -rf var/cache && php bin/console wk-ar-media:setup:install
- If you are using php-fpm. Then you need to restart the php-fpm services and apache web server.
For Akeneo 5
sudo service php-fpm7.4 restart
For Akeneo 4
sudo service php-fpm7.3 restart
Docker Installation Command :
sudo -su root; alias docker_php='docker-compose run -u www-data --rm php php'; alias docker_yarn='docker-compose run -u node --rm node yarn'; docker_php bin/console cache:clear --env=prod; docker_php bin/console pim:installer:assets --symlink --clean --env=prod; docker_php bin/console d:s:u --force; docker_yarn run webpack; docker_yarn run update-extensions; docker_yarn run less; docker-compose restart fpm;
Installing Module For Version 3.x
Please follow these steps for installing the Akeneo Augmented Reality Media module in your Akeneo PIM platform.
1 – Unzip the respective extension zip then merge the “src” folder into akeneo project root directory.
2 – Goto app/AppKernel.php then add line.
3 – Goto app/config/routing.yml then add these lines at top of file.
wk_augmented_reality: resource: "@WebkulArBundle/Resources/config/routing.yml" prefix: /
4 –Run this command after ssh to your akeneo server by terminal and navigating to Akeneo installation directory (ex. cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs).
rm -rf ./var/cache/** && php bin/console wk-ar-media:setup:install
5– If you are using php-fpm. Then you need to restart the php-fpm services a apache web server.
sudo service php-fpm7.2 restart
Common Issues After Installation
If you will not see the translation of the module, then you need to clear the browser cache or hard reload the browser to see the translations.
Create Augmented Reality Media
The Akeneo Augmented Reality symbol appears in the Akeneo dashboard when the module is installed as seen in the screenshot given below.
To add Augmented Reality Media the user needs to clicks on Akeneo Augmented Reality.
To create AR Media the user needs to click on Create Button as seen in the screenshot given below.
Here the user needs to enter the code and click on the Save button.
Afterward, the user needs to upload the following details.
- AUGMENTED REALITY MEDIA (JPG/PNG) – Here the admin needs upload the media file in the JPG/PNG format.
- AUGMENTED REALITY ANDROID MEDIA (GLB)- The Android Media section is where the user can upload a media file (image) for Android, and the image format is GLB.
GLB is a 3D file format for virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), games, and web applications that support motion and animation.
- AUGMENTED REALITY IOS MEDIA (USDZ) – The iOS File area is where the user may submit a media file (picture) for iOS (Apple), with the image format being USDZ.
Apple developed their own AR Viewer (AR Quick Look) and integrated it into a number of iOS apps, including Safari, Messages, News, and Notes. It can display USDZ files in 3D or augmented reality right away.
After uploading the files the users need to click on the Save button.
The Barcode is generated after uploading the GLB and USDZ files. the user can scan the image of the barcode in their Android and iOS devices to see the AR product.
The users need to click on the View button to scan the barcode image on devices.
The user can redirect to the website and see the AR product after scanning this Bar Code with their phone.
To see the AR image in real space the user needs to click on the cube.
However, the users can view each and every side of the product on the desktop too.
The user can also download the image file or generate the link for the image to view the product as seen in the screenshot given below.
Create AR Attribute
To create the Augmented Reality attribute the user needs to navigate through Settings -> Attributes -> CREATE ATTRIBUTE as seen in the screenshot given below.
Afterward, the user needs to click on Augmented Reality as seen in the screenshot given below.
After selecting the Augmented Reality the user needs to enter the following details and select the Attribute group.
The user needs to click on Save Button after entering the following details to save the AR attribute.
Afterward, the user needs to add the following attribute group to the respective family as seen in the screenshot given below.
After adding the attribute group to the respective family the user needs to click on the SAVE button.
Create Product – Augmented Reality PIM Guide
To create a product in Akeneo the user needs to navigate through Products -> Create Product as seen in the screenshot given below.
Afterward, the user needs to select the Product.
Here the users need to enter the SKU details, family and click on the Save button.
While entering the details for the product the user can see the Augmented reality attribute as seen in the screenshot given below.
The users need to click on ADD/UPDATE AR MEDIA(S) to add the AR Media to the basket and click on CONFIRM button.
After clicking on Confirm button the following AR Media is added to the respective product as seen in the screenshot given below.
The user can also download the image file or generate the link for the image to view the AR product as seen in the screenshot given below.
Afterward, the user needs to click on the SAVE button to save the product.
Similarly, the same process works for the Product model as well.
Import/Export – Augmented Reality PIM Guide
Users can Import or Export AR Media with Products.
To export products, the user needs to first, select the products and then click the QUICK EXPORT button, as shown in the screenshot below.
After that, as shown in the screenshot below, you must select the export details and click the EXPORT button.
The user can download the product in CSV and as well as the XLSX file.
By clicking the DOWNLOAD GENERATED FILES button, as shown in the screenshot below, you can download the product’s CSV file.
After the product has been exported the users may check the AR media attribute in the CSV file as seen in the screenshot given below.
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 3.x.x & 4.x.x & 5.x.x