Salesforce has a set of tools to help you manage your business, but do you know the key differences between Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning? In this article, you will find out the difference, how to choose which is best for your business, and some of the top features from both.
Salesforce Classic is the original user interface (UI) for Salesforce. It was first released in February 2000. Lightning is a newer UI that was first released in December 2014. While Salesforce Classic has been the go-to UI for many years, Lightning is becoming more popular as it offers a number of advantages over classic, including
- A modern look and feel.
- More flexibility in how you organize your data.
- Enhanced performance.
- A better mobile experience.
What is Lightning in Salesforce?
Lightning refers to the collection of tools and technologies behind a significant upgrade to the Salesforce platform. It includes the Lightning Experience, which is a new user interface for Salesforce, as well as a set of tools to help developers build custom applications.
Why Switch to Lightning?
Salesforce Lightning is a more modern and user-friendly interface than Salesforce Classic. It is easier to use and helps you be more productive. Additionally, Lightning provides access to features that are not available in the Classic, such as the Einstein Analytics platform and Salesforce1 Mobile App.
Pros and Cons of each
Salesforce Company ? Find out More
- Salesforce Classic:
- Familiar interface for users who are accustomed to the Salesforce Classic look and feel
- More control over the page layout and customizations
- Can still access features that haven’t been ported over to Lightning yet
- Newer features are only available in Lightning Experience, so users miss out on some of the latest improvements.
- The interface can feel dated compared to the Lightning Experience
- Some users find Classic confusing and hard to navigate.
- Salesforce Lightning:
- A more modern interface that is easier to navigate.
- Newer features are generally only available in Lightning Experience, so users get access to the latest improvements.
- Some users who are accustomed to the Salesforce Classic look and feel may find the new interface confusing.
- Not all features from Salesforce Classic have been ported over to Lightning yet, so some users may be missing out on some functionality.
What Benefits does Lightning Offer?
Lightning offers numerous benefits over Salesforce Classic, including a more modern user interface, enhanced performance, and better mobile support. It also offers several features that are not available in Salesforce Classic, such as Lightning Flow and Einstein Analytics.
What Features are Available in Salesforce Lightning and not Available in Salesforce Classic?
Salesforce Lightning is a new user interface (UI) for Salesforce. It’s designed to help you work more efficiently and optimally in Salesforce. While some features are the same in both Classic and Lightning, others are different or only available in one of the two UIs.
Below is a comparison of features available in Lightning Experience and not available in Salesforce Classic:
- Aura Components: These are reusable components that can be used to create UIs and business logic. They are not available in Classic.
- Lightning App Builder: This is a point-and-click tool that allows you to quickly build custom apps without code. It is not available in Classic.
- Lightning Process Builder: This is a tool that lets you automate your business processes with ease. It is not available in Classic.
- Lightning Schema Builder: This tool lets you easily visualize and manage relationship fields between objects. It is not available in Classic.
- Expanded Multi-Select Picklists: In Lightning, you can select multiple values from a picklist field by clicking on the values while holding down the Control (PC) or Command (Mac) key. This is not possible in Classic.
- Table Fields: A table field allows you to enter data into rows and columns, similar to an Excel spreadsheet. Table fields are not available in Classic.
- Action Overrides: An action override allows you to override the default behavior of a standard action, such as a button or link, with a Lightning component. Action overrides are not available in Classic.
Which to Choose?
Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning are both CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software. They are both great for managing customer data, but they have different features. Here is a comparison of the two:
- Salesforce Classic:
- Has a more traditional interface that may be easier to learn for some users
- More customization options
- More reports and dashboards
- More advanced features such as workflow rules and approval processes.
- Salesforce Lightning:
- Has a modern, sleek interface that is optimized for mobile devices
- Easier to use for some users
- Limited customization options compared to Salesforce Classic
- Fewer reports and dashboards than in Salesforce Classic.
Key Differences Between Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning
|On the basis of||Salesforce Lightning||Salesforce Classic|
|User Experience||Lightning is designed for a better user experience, with an emphasis on simplicity and easy navigation.||Classic is more complex, with multiple windows and tabs.|
|Customization||More options for customization to control the look and feel of your CRM||Fewer options for customization|
|Data Visualization||Features that help you visualize your data in new ways, such as Kanban boards and dashboards||No such features|
|Performance||Faster and more responsive||Slower|
|All Einstein Features||Yes||No|
|Integrated Emails and Templates||Yes||Yes|
The debate between Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning is one that has been going on for some time now. While both platforms have their pros and cons, it ultimately comes down to personal preference as to which one you prefer. If you are new to the world of Salesforce, then you must try out both platforms and see which one works better for you. You can also hire a Salesforce Lightning developer for your projects if you have made a choice of Salesforce lightning.
You can also hire a Salesforce-certified consultant if you required Salesforce training, consultation, or implementation. For any query connected to the professional team members who are here to assist you with the best solution.