Prestashop Marketplace Seller Buyer Chat module brings useful functionality with it. It provides a feature with which seller and buyer can have direct communication anytime. The buyer and the marketplace seller can chat with each other conveniently. The chat option is also available on the product detail page of the products of the seller. Buyer can now easily ask questions to seller about any product and get answers quickly, directly from seller.
Note: Prestashop Marketplace Seller Buyer Chat module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Features of Prestashop Marketplace Seller Buyer Chat module
- A buyer can initiate a chat with any seller, whether the seller is online or offline on the product page.
- A buyer does not need to login to initiate a chat with the seller.
- The buyer can start the chat just using his email id.
- The seller can respond to many buyers simultaneously.
- If the seller is offline, then the buyer can send the message and all the messages can be seen the next time when a seller is online.
- The chat option available on the product detail page shows if the seller is online or not. If it shows a green sign, then the seller is online.
- The seller can respond to the chat messages when the buyer is online.
- Both buyers and sellers can send attachments to each other from the chat window.
- An easy side menu is available to see the chat list for the seller.
- The seller can retrieve all the chat messages sent to him while he was offline.
- A seller can see the chat history.
- Allow sellers to delete the chat history.
- Admin chooses whether sellers can see their chat history and customer list or not.
- Change the chat window title background colour, chat message notification logo and the notification ringtone.
- Admin can view or delete chats between sellers and buyers.
- Now buyer and seller can have direct communication.
- Initiate multiple chats with multiple sellers of the shop.
Note: Prestashop Marketplace Seller Buyer Chat module is MultiShop Compatible with PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace version 5.4.0/3.4.0 and above.
How to install the Prestashop Marketplace Seller Buyer Chat module
For installing the Marketplace Seller Buyer Chat module, you need to install the Prestashop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace module first.
After installing marketplace module you can start the installation of Marketplace Seller Buyer Chat module.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Configure Prestashop Marketplace Seller Buyer Chat module
After the successful installation of the module, an admin needs to configure the module.
Here admin can allow/disallow sellers to delete chat history or check their chat history and customer list. Also admin can change the chat window title background colour, chat message notification logo and the notification ringtone.
After the successful installation of the module, a new “Online Chat” option becomes available on the seller product page.
By clicking this new chat link buyer can initiate the conversation with the seller of that particular product. He/she does not need to login to initiate the chat.
In order to start the conversation using an email ID, a buyer needs to enter his name, email and message. After that, the chat will initiate with the seller.
Changes made to notification logo, ringtone or chat window title background will reflect here.
Buyer can initiate the chat even if the seller is offline.
A seller can easily retrieve those messages later from the chat list option. This chat list option is specifically for sellers. This chat list option enables the seller to keep track of all the conversations going on with all the buyers.
Seller can directly reply to buyers by clicking on their respective chats from here. Please note that seller can only reply to buyers who are online.
NOTE: Chat option for buyers, who are also registered as sellers will not be available. They will have to sign out of their account in order to use the chat option.
An admin can keep a track of all the chat conversations between sellers and buyers. He/she can view the chat conversations under the “Seller Buyer Chat” section.
An admin can also choose to view or delete chat conversations from here.
Click on the view button to read the chat conversation between seller and buyer.
So, this was all about Marketplace Seller Buyer Chat Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 5.1.1
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x