About Elastic Search
Elastic search is a type of search engine which gives fast search response because in elastic search it searches an index instead of text directly, just like in a book we retrieve the pages by using its index. Elastic search is actually a highly scalable open-source full-text search and analytics engine. It allows you to store, search, and quickly analyze the big volumes of data in near real time.
Prestashop Elastic Search
Now the search is easy for the Buyers. With the help of the Prestashop Elastic Search module, Buyers can get fast product search response as it searches the product by its index instead of text. This module allows buyers to search a large number of products in very less response time.
NOTE: Prestashop Elastic Search module is compatible with PrestaShop framework version 8.x.x.
- Product search will be easier and faster for the buyers.
- Admin can upload their store data on the Elastic server.
- An admin can delete/remove their data from the Elastic server.
- Admin can add multiple elastic servers.
- The admin can also allow the store data to auto-update on the elastic server when the data will update on Prestashop.
- Buyers can search the products by writing its incorrect name.
- Buyers can search the products by writing the incomplete name of the product.
- View data of all the indexed items on the dashboard.
- Choose to show image of the product along with its name in the search results.
- Compatible with elastic 6.x and elastic 7.x.
Note: This module is multishop compatible.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> Upload a module
- Upload zip file of “Prestashop Elastic Search” module
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
Before Configuring the module admin will have to disable the default search bar module otherwise it will show two search bar in front-end.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
After installing the module admin needs to configure the module.
Before configuring the module admin has to install elastic search on their server with the help of the following link- https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elastic-stack/current/installing-elastic-stack.html.
In the configuration settings, a new section dashboard is added. The dashboard will display the data of indexed items in the pie chart. The dashboard contains data of indexed items for the following four sections.
After installing the elastic search admin has to configure the following settings:
Severity of Log: Admin can set the log levels from the following-
For the better understanding of the above log levels please refer the given link- https://github.com/Seldaek/monolog/blob/master/doc/01-usage.md#log-levels
Select Search filter: Admin can select following types of search filters-
- Elision Filter
- Lowercase Filter
- Synonym Filter
- Stop Word Filter
For more information about the filters please go through the below link-
Admin can apply the search on the followings-
- CMS Page
In the Search Settings, The Admin can select Multiple Field or Single Name Field as a search type for Frontend as shown below:
1.In Multiple Field
If the search type is selected as Multiple Field the customer can search the product by the attributes which have been created by the admin and the attribute type must be text. In this query, customers can also search the product by the words that belong to the description of a product.
Select Multiple Field Match Type
The Admin can select Multiple Field Match Type as Best Fields, Most Fields, Cross Fields and Phrase and Phrase Prefix.
To learn more about Multiple Field Match Query, please go through the following link:
Select Operator For Multi Search- The Admin can select “AND” or “OR” operator for Multi-Search.
Allow Spell Correction in search-
The Admin can also set the spell correction at Auto, Level 1 or Level 2, according to which the Elastic Search Engine automatically shows the keywords even if the customer doesn’t write the complete word or write the incorrect word in the search tab.
If admin disables the search then the customer will have to write the complete word related to the search product given below:
2. In Single Name Field
If the search type is set to “Single Name Field” then the by default customer can search the product by its “name” field.
In “Simple Search Query” typed word must be in the “name” field of the search product.
- Admin can set a cron job to rebuild the index in a specific interval.
- Admin can add URLs in the “Cron task Manager” module
Note: We are continuously working on improving the search in this module with the help of elastic search.
Current Product Version - 5.2.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x.