OpenCart POS Loyalty Rules add-on allows the customers to make use of the assigned loyalty points at the time of product purchase.
This add-on allows the OpenCart admin to reward their customers with loyalty points for their purchases made through the Point of Sale (POS) system. Customers can then redeem these loyalty points for discounts on future purchases.
Note: To make use of this add-on, first you must have installed the OpenCart POS System.
- The admin can enable or disable the module.
- Show the total available loyalty points.
- Give an option for the customer to use a loyalty point or not at the time of purchase.
- Manage the label of loyalty point when it is used for checkout.
- Option for enabling or disabling expiry time for loyalty points.
- Admin can set whether to return the loyalty points back to the customer in case of an order return.
- For special products, the admin can manage whether the loyalty points should apply to them or not.
- The admin can set the expiry points mail template.
- Disbursal points mail template can be set by the admin.
- The redemption points mail template can be set by the admin.
- Refund points mail template can be set by the admin.
- Loyalty points only work on product price, not the discount, voucher, or coupon applied.
- On the home delivery charge, the loyalty points would not be credited to the customer’s account.
Check the overview of the add-on in the below video:
Installation – OpenCart POS Loyalty Rules
First, extract the downloaded zip file. After that, open the correct Opencart Version Folder. According to Opencart Version installed in your system.
Opencart Company ? Find out More
Then, upload the admin, catalog, and system to the Opencart root directory.
Now navigate through Extensions->Installer and tap on the Upload button to upload the zip file of the plugin.
Now, navigate through Extension -> Modifications and select the module and tap on the refresh button in the top right-hand section.
After that go to System > Users > Usergroups. And then edit ‘Administrator’.
Select the shown checkboxes for both Access Permission, Modify Permission, and Save it.
Now navigate to Extensions > Extensions > Modules. Find POS Loyalty Points System from the list. Click the Install button as visible in the screenshot below.
To do the initial configuration settings tap on the edit button in the front of the POS Loyalty Point System as per the snapshot below.
This brings up the configuration settings as shown below in the snapshot.
Here, the admin will –
Status: Enable or disable the add-on functionality.
History Title: Set the history title visible at the POS terminal end.
Special Product Status: If enabled then points will not be disbursed for special products.
Refund Point Setting: If enable then the points will be refunded according to the used loyalty points in purchasing in the time of the whole order return.
Expiry Point Setting: If enabled then the points will auto-expire according to the time duration which is set in the below option.
Set Point Expiry Time: Set point expiry in Years, months, and days as required.
Expiry Points Mail Status: Set the status of expiry points mail status as enabled or disabled.
Expiry points mail template: Set the expiry points mail template as required.
Disbursal points mail status: Set the status of disbursal points mail status as enabled or disabled.
Disbursal points mail template: Set the disbursal points mail template as required.
Redemption Points mail status: Set the status of redemption point mail status as enabled or disabled.
Redemption Points mail template: Set the redemption points mail template as required.
Refund Points mail status: Set the status of refund points mail status as enabled or disabled.
Refund Points mail template: Set the refund points mail template as required.
POS Loyalty Rules:
After finishing the initial configuration, the admin will find one option on the side panel “POS Loyalty Points”. Here, the admin will be able to create the rules for the loyalty points as required. Also, the admin can see the loyalty point rules created for the products and the categories as required.
To add a rule, tap on the Add button in the top right-hand corner and that brings up the below section.
Here, under the General section –
- Enter the rule name.
- Set the start date for the rule to apply loyalty points.
- Set the end date for the rule to end the application of loyalty points.
- Set the status of the rule as enabled or disabled.
Under the points disbursal rule the admin will –
- Set the point calculation based on products or categories (then you have to select the categories).
- Enter the minimum purchase amount for which the rule will be active.
- Enter each purchase amount.
- Choose point type as fixed or percentage.
- Enter points that will be awarded to the customer.
Under the point redemption rule tab, the admin will –
- Enter the minimum points that can be redeemed by the customer.
- Set the point range and for each range set one point’s value.
- Enable or disable the point range.
Lastly, tap on the Save button in the top right-hand corner.
POS Terminal – How Customer Receives Loyal Points
The POS terminal agent will add the product to the cart by tapping on the Add To Cart button on the pop-up.
After adding the product to the cart then the POS agent will select the customer by tapping the “Select Customer” button.
For this example, we will create a new customer. Now, the POS terminal agent will enter the name of the customer and tap on the “Add Customer” button.
This brings up the section where the POS agent will enter the customer’s phone number and then tap on the Register and select button. Here, you can see the Available Loyalty Balance as zero for now.
Now, the POS terminal agent can proceed further for checkout by tapping the Checkout button.
After that, the POS agent will choose the payment method and enter the amount tendered by the customer.
Then the POS agent will tap the Accept Payment button to accept the payment and can generate the invoice as required.
After this, the POS agent can view the customer’s accrued loyalty points. To do so, on the left side panel tap on the Loyalty points and the below section appears with the loyalty point details of the customers.
How to use Loyalty points at POS Terminal
The POS agent will add the product to the cart and select the customer. After selecting the customer his available loyalty points will be visible in the cart. Here, the agent has the option to redeem the loyalty points by entering them as required by the customer.
Using the OpenCart POS Loyalty Rules add-on, the pos agent will enter the loyalty points to redeem.
After that, tap on the checkout button on the right-hand side. Now, choose a payment mode and tap the Accept Payment button after that. Here, you can also see the available loyalty points of the customer.
POS Agent – View Customer Loyalty points
For checking the credits and debits of customer loyalty points the POS agent will navigate to the side panel and tap the Loyalty Points option.
You can explore our more OpenCart extensions.
Current Product Version - 220.127.116.11
Supported Framework Version - 3.x.x.x