OpenCart Multiple wishlists module provides an easy way for customers to create separate wishlists. The customers can create as many as wishlists of their favorite products.
All created wishlists are organized in defined sections and customers can easily switch between them. The customers can move or copy products from one wishlist to another wishlist.
Once the customers have created the wishlist, they can share it with their friends and family by email. The admin can set the number of wishlists a customer can create. The admin can also decide the number of products a customer can add in a wishlist.
Features of OpenCart Multiple Wishlists
- The admin can set the number of wishlists a customer can create.
- The admin can also set the number of products that a customer can add to a wishlist.
- A customer can create as many as wishlists of their favorite products.
- A customer can move or copy the products from one wishlist to another wishlist.
- Can Enable or disable and even delete a wishlist.
- The customers can share the wishlists with their friends or family members through email.
- A customer can add a product from the category as well as a product page.
- Add the products from wishlist to cart.
- Remove the products from the wishlist as per requirement.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system according to your Opencart version. The extracted folder has admin and Catalog folders.
You need to transfer the admin and Catalog folders into the Opencart root directory on the server as shown below:
Once you have uploaded the folders, login to admin and then go to Extensions> Extension Installer and upload the XML file. The XML file can be found on the ocmod folder under the module directory. In ocmod folder select the Opencart version you are using under which you will find the wk_multiple_wishlist_2_3_0_0.ocmod.xml file.
After that in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> User Groups and edit ‘Administrator’ and choose to select all for both Access and Modify Permission for the permission that you want to provide and save it.
Admin Configuration of OpenCart Multiple Wishlist
After the successful installation of this extension on the web store, the admin has to navigate through Extension->Extension->Modules->Multiple Wishlist.
- Status– The Admin can enable or disable the module.
2. After adding into a cart– In this field, the admin can either:
- select Remove from Wishlist which means that when a customer will add a product to cart from the wishlist, the product will be removed from wishlist.
- or select Remain In Wishlist which means that the product will be in wishlist even after adding a product to cart.
￼3. After Wishlist Action- In this field, the admin can either:
- select Redirect to Wishlist which means that a customer will be redirected to a wishlist page after he/she clicks on the wishlist option.
- or select Stay on the same page which means that a customer will stay on the same page even after clicking on the wishlist.
- Wishlist Settings For Customer– The admin can select a customer from the list of registered customers to assign the total number of wishlists a customer can create and the total number of products a customer can add in a particular wishlist. The admin can also remove the selected customer.
2. Default Wishlist Settings for Customer– These settings will be applicable to the customers who have not been selected by the admin in Wishlist Settings for Customer.
Creating Multiple Wishlists
First of all the customer has to login to create a wishlist. To create a new wishlist, a customer has to click on the Multi Wish List option on the upper right side of the web page.
Now the Customer has to click on Create New to for creating a new wishlist.
The customer has to enter Wishlist Name and then click on Add Wishlist. The Customer can also enable or disable a wishlist.
After creating a wishlist a customer has to add his/her favorite products to that particular wishlist. A customer can add a product to the wishlist from a category page as well as from the search page.
When the customer clicks on a wishlist button, a block will appear on a web page in which he has to select Multiple Wish list and then click on Add To Wishlist.
Note: Product which has been added to a wishlist once, then it cannot be added to the wishlist again.
Once the wishlists have been created, the customer can update its name, enable or disable it and even delete the wishlist.
After clicking on Manage Wishlist a customer can update a wishlist name, enable or disable it and even delete a wishlist according to his/her requirement.
A Customer can check the configuration that has been set by the admin for his wishlist manager.
A customer can move or copy a product from one wishlist to another wishlist. A customer can also delete the products from a wishlist. For moving or copying a product from one wishlist to another wishlist, a customer has to select a wishlist under the Action option and then click on the move or copy button.
A customer can also add the product to cart from the wishlist. If the Admin has set the option as Remove from Wishlist in After adding into cart option then the product will be removed from the wishlist after the product has been added to the cart by the customer.
If the Admin has set the option as Remain in Wishlist, then the product will be in wishlist even after adding a product to cart.
A customer also adds the notes to a product while moving or copying that product to some other wishlist. These notes will also be visible to the people with whom the customer has shared the wishlist.
A customer can share the wishlists with his/her friends and family members through email.
After clicking on Share Wishlists option, the customer has to enter the emails of people with whom he wants to share the wishlist.
A customer has to enter the message which will be received by the people of whom he has entered email ids. A customer can also remove the email id. After entering a message and email ids, a customer has to click on send option so that the wishlist email can be received by the people of whom email ids have been entered.
When a person( who has received an email) clicks on See My Wish List option, he/she will be redirected to the Multiple Wishlist Page.
That’s all for the Opencart Multiple Wishlists module still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at http://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
Current Product Version - 18.104.22.168
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x