The OpenCart DHgate Dropship Connector allows the website owner to import products from the DHgate(website). Apart from that, the admin will be able to assign the imported products to the warehouses. Also, price rules apply to the products imported from DHgate or when created by the Warehouse managers.
Dhgate provides a platform that works to facilitate the sale of manufactured products from suppliers to small and medium retailers. It is the largest B2B-cross-border e-commerce trade platform in China.
- You must have installed the Google Chrome extension – DHgate Chrome Product Importer. alt
- Enter the Google Maps API key in the module configuration settings. It allows for setting up the store location automatically(latitude and Longitude automatically).
- Import products from Dhgate marketplace to your OpenCart store.
- Products with variations can also be imported from DHgate and these variations are created within the OpenCart store as well.
- Allow Warehouse Managers to add products under their own account panel. Product approval for products added by the warehouse managers.
- Set the allowed product fields that are accessible for adding products by the warehouse managers.
- Import Product reviews for the DHgate products and choose to enable them or keep disabled even after importing.
- Add new keywords that allow removing the keywords collectively from the DHgate products.
- Select the store in which the imported products will be added.
- Select the language in which the product’s name, description, etc, will be added while importing the products from Dhgate to OpenCart store.
- Select the default quantity of the products that will be set for each product while importing the same from DHgate store.
- Enable/disable option for pushing the products directly to the OpenCart store without any approval.
- Option to generate multiple tokens for the OpeCart store authorization before importing the products.
- Option to set the order status which will be supposed to be Complete Order status of warehouse product’s order.
Module Installation Steps – Opencart DHGate Dropship Connector
Extract the contents of the received zip folder on your system and then according to your OpenCart version select the respective folder for the module. Now upload the admin, catalog, and system directory into the OpenCart’s root directory.
Login to the admin panel and then go to Extensions -> Installer and then upload the XML file. The XML file is in the ocmod folder under the module directory.
In the ocmod folder, select the Opencart version that you are using and under it, you will find the dhgate.ocmod.xml file.
Note: Update the ZIP file for the version 3.x and upload the XML file for version 2.x from the ocmod folder.
After uploading the XML file go to the Extensions -> Modifications and click on the refresh button.
After that in the admin panel go to System -> Users -> User Groups and edit the group ‘Administrator’.
After that, choose to select all for both Access and Modify Permission for the permission that you want to provide and Save it.
Now go to Extensions-> Extensions->Modules-> and tap the Install button to install the extension.
Getting API Keys for Google Maps
To get an API key:
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console and login with your Google account.
- Click the project drop-down and select or create the project for which you want to add an API key.
- Click the menu button and select APIs & Services > Credentials.
- On the Credentials page, click Create credentials > API key.
The API key created dialog displays your newly created API key.
- Click Close.
The new API key is listed on the Credentials page under API keys.
(Remember to restrict the API key before using it in production.)
Installing DHgate Product Importer Chrome Extension
1. Navigate to the Google Play Store link – DHgate Product Importer Chrome extension and then tap the Add to Chrome button.
2. Tap on the Add Extension button.
3. You can see that the extension has installed successfully on the top right-hand side of the browser next to the address bar.
How to Import Products Via Dhgate Chrome Plugin
After successful installation of the Product Importer, the plugin is visible on the top right-hand side of the chrome browser next to the address bar.
To import the products from DHgate, first navigate to the Dhgate.com website and go to the category or any of the product pages.
Here, the products can be imported in two ways –
- One by One or in
But before importing the products we have to authenticate our store by entering the Username and the Token, which is a one time process.
For importing products one by one you can tap the Importer icon on the product that you want to import.
After this a pop-up will appear. Enter the Username, Token and tap the Submit button to verify your store first.
Both of these values can be found in the module configuration settings for the extension as shown below in the snapshot.
After tapping the Submit button, an Authenticated Successfully message gets displayed.
Now, tap the Importer icon to import a single product first and a message that “Product Details Have been Fetched” is visible.
And then you can see the Edit This Product pop-up. Tap Submit to import the product to the OpenCart store.
After this you will see a success message after product gets imported. You can edit the product price as required or any other data in the description as requires.
Now, in the admin backend panel navigate through Dhgate Management ->Dhgate Products. Here, the admin will find the imported product.
To import the products in bulk, select the products to import and tap the Bulk Import floating button on the right-hand side of the webpage.
Bulk import option allows you to import multiple products but you need to tap the Submit button for each before importing so that there’s no need to tap the importer icon again and again.
After the successful installation of the extension, the admin will navigate through Extensions->Extensions->Modules->DHgate Dropshipping and will tap the Edit button next to the listed module.
This brings up the configuration settings for the module as per the snapshot below.
Here, we have three tabs that are required to be configured before using the module.
- Product and
Under the General Tab, the admin will –
- Enter the Google Map API. The API key is required to automatically set the Latitude and longitude of the Warehouse location being added by the admin.
- Select a User Group from the drop-down of users that will be the user group of the warehouse.
- Select an order status that will be supposed to be a complete order for the warehouse products.
Under the product tab, the admin will configure the settings for the products for the different warehouses.
Here, the admin will –
- Warehouse Manager Can Add Product
Select a Yes to allow the Warehouse Managers to add products under their warehouse account panel else select No to disallow warehouse managers to add products.
- Direct To Store
Select Enabled to push the products directly to the OpenCart store(visible at frontend) without any approval else select Disabled to enable the approval first.
- Approval Required After Adding Products
Select Enabled to approve the products that have been added by the warehouse managers else select Disabled to approve them first.
- Product Field Tabs
Select the product field tabs that the admin wants the warehouse managers to use while creating products. Only the chosen fields will be available to the warehouse managers.
Under this tab, the admin will be able to configure –
- User Name
Enter a user name that will be used to authenticate the Chrome extension. You can set it as per your requirement.
Here, the admin can generate a token that will be used to authenticate the Chrome extension. You can tap the refresh button to generate a new one.
- Default Quantity for Importing products
The admin can set the default quantity that will be assigned to the products added by warehouse managers or when imported from DHgate webstore itself.
- The default language for adding products
Select the language in which the products name, description, etc, will be set while importing the products from DHgate.
- Import Review of the product also
Select Enabled to make visible the Imported product reviews at the store front else select disabled to make admin approval of the reviews first before making the reviews visible.
- Default Store
Select a store wherein you want the imported products to be added as required.
- Remove Keywords
Here, you can add new keywords that can be omitted from the products that are being imported via DHgate. The keywords are omitted from the product’s name, meta-description, description, etc.
After configuring all the three tabs the OpeCart Dhgate Dropship Manager is ready for use, just tap the Save button at the top right-hand corner.
DHgate Management —
Tapping on this sub-menu option navigates the admin to module configuration section. You can either navigate to the module configuration settings via Extensions->Extensions->Modules->Dhgate Dropshipping or just tap this sub-menu option to access the same quickly.
Under this section, the admin will be able to manage the warehouses. The admin can create multiple warehouses, edit them, and can delete them as required. Apart from that, the admin can assign products to the created warehouses as required.
To create a warehouse, tap on the Add button on the top right-hand side. This brings up the section to create a warehouse.
Here, the admin will –
- Enter the Code for the Warehouse
- Enter the Title for the warehouse
- Set the Description for the warehouse
- Select a User for this particular warehouse
- Select the Origin Country of the warehouse
- Select the Origin City
- Enter Origin Street for the warehouse
- Enter the Postal Code
- The latitude and longitude values for the selected origin country and state get auto-filled(using the API entered in the module configuration settings).
- Choose the status of the Warehouse as Enabled or Disabled as required
- Lastly, choose the applicable shipping methods that will be available for this warehouse.
Tap the Save button thereafter.
After creating a warehouse, the admin can see a success message for the same.
To assign products to the warehouse tap the Assign Products button next to the edit option for the respective warehouse.
This brings up the section to assign the products to the warehouse with their quantity.
Now, the admin can assign the products to this warehouse by selecting them and entering the quantity for the respective warehouse.
For assigning the products, the admin needs to enter the required quantity in the Quantity tab. On saving the details, the products are assigned to the warehouse.
As soon as the products are assigned, a notice or message on top of the Manage Warehouse page will display notifying about the products assigned.
Under here, the admin will be able to see all of the products that have been assigned to the various warehouses. Here , the admin will be able to approve, disapprove, and delete and of the products that have been assigned to the various warehouses as required.
Under this section, the admin will find all of the DHgates products that have been imported from the Dhgate web store’s category or product pages.
Here, the admin will be able to view the complete Dhgate product list and can view the Dhgate Products IDs, their status and images. On tapping the product name link , the admin gets redirected to the Product Page at Dhgate store.
The admin can also edit the imported products by tapping the Edit button under the Action column. After editing the product details, the admin can tap the Save button to save the changes.
Apart from that, the admin can also Update the DHgate products by tapping the Update button. This navigates the admin to the DHgate’s store’s respective product page. Now, the admin can sync the product data again to keep it updated(same as importing products from DHgate).
Pushing Imported Products to OpenCart store’s Catalog
While the imported products have not yet been pushed to the OpenCart store’s catalog the admin can first select the products and then tap the “Push the products to Stores Catalog” button just next to the Delete button. This adds the imported products to the OpenCart store’s catalog.
After that, the products are listed at the store frontend and can be purchased by the customers thereafter.
Completing Order Process at DHgate Website?
After adding the product(DHgate) to the cart, the customers can make a checkout.
After tapping on a product, the customer can view the details of the product as shown below in the snapshot.
The customer will select the options of the product and can add the product to the cart thereafter.
Lastly, to place the order the customer will tap the Confirm Order button within the OpenCart webstore.
After placing the order for the Dhgate product, the order gets visible under the Dhgate Orders section in the admin backend panel. Here, the admin will now tap on the cart icon under the Place Order column.
- The admin must have an account at DHgate.com so as to place the order at DHgate.
- The admin must use the same Chrome browser that was used was initially used for installing the product importer & then importing products from DHgate to OpenCart store.
After tapping the Cart icon, the admin will be re-directed to the Dhgate website for completing the order at the DHgate website.
At the time of redirect, the details of the particular order are also visible within the Product Importer icon(after tapping the icon).
After the above DHgate page, the admin will see that the product will be auto added to the cart.
After that, the admin will be auto-directed to the cart page.
After that, the admin will see the shipping details of the admin being entered automatically if the admin is already logged in. Else, the admin will have to login first(on the pop-up that appears).
lastly, the admin will be auto directed to the Review Your Order page to enter the card details to Place & Confirm the order.
That’s how the admin of the Opencart webstore can complete the order place at DHgate webstore.
Under this section, the admin will be able to check all of the orders that have been placed for the imported DHgate products that are listed on the opencart webstore frontend now. The admin can filter the orders using the available
Here, the admin can see the name of the customers who have placed the orders for the Dhgate products, the order total, date of order place, the status of the order placed, and a section for placing the order at the Dhgate webstore.
After a customer places the order for the Dhgate products, the order gets listed under this section. After that, the admin will have to manually tap the Cart icon under the Place order column to place the order at Dhgate webstore. The admin must have an account at Dhgate to do so.
Here we have 3 different Dhgate Orders Statuses –
- Not Placed – If the admin has not even once been redirected to the Dhgate website for the respective placed order then the order status will be reflected as Not Placed.
- Processing – If the admin gets redirected but does not place the orders at Dhgate then the order status will reflect as Processing.
- Placed – If the admin gets redirected and has made a complete checkout at Dhgate for the respective order then the status will be reflected as Placed.
If the admin is already logged in, then the admin will be redirected to the checkout page at Dhgate for the selected product, and the admin will make the payment and place the order.
Under this section, the admin will be able to see a complete list of Dhgate sellers whose products have been imported from Dhgate to the OpenCart store.
Here, the admin will be able to –
- See the Dhgate Seller Names
- Check the date when the products were added.
- Total Number of products that have been imported for each of the respective sellers.
- View/Updated and Edit the products imported by the sellers.
Under this section, the admin of the webstore can find a list of pricing rules that have been created. If it’s the first use then this section will be empty.
Create New Pricing Rule
To create a new pricing rule tap the Add button at the top right-hand side. This brings up the section to create a new rule.
Here, the admin will have to –
- Enter the name for the pricing rule so that it is recognizable
- Choose the Channel for which the pricing rule will apply like – DHgate products or Manual(for own/warehouse added products)
- Choose the Status of the pricing rule as Enabled or Disabled
- Set the Price range From and Price Range To Values within which the products will fall so that the pricing rules will apply
- Choose the Operator type as Increment(+) or Decrement(–) and accordingly the price will get added or subtracted from the product’s actual price
- Select the Amount Type as Percentage or Fixed as required
- Enter the Amount that should apply as per the selection for Percentage or Fixed
Lastly, tap the Save button to save the price rule and the admin can see a success message for the same.
Note: If a Price range is already in use then you must choose a different price range so that the values don’t belong in the range of added price rules.
How the Price rule gets Applied to the products?
Example: If the cost of the product at Dhgate is $100, now while the admin has created a price rule that ranges from $1-$500, operation is selected as (+), and amount type as Fixed($200), Then in this case –
- When the product is imported from the Dhgate store to the OpenCart store the price of the product gets increased by $200.
Similarly, if the rest part are the same as above example but the operation is (–), in this case –
- When the product is imported from the Dhgate store to the OpenCart store the price of the product gets decreased by $200.
Under this section, the admin will be able to check all of the orders that have been placed for the warehouse products. This includes the admin assigned(default and Dhgate products(assigned to the warehouses)), warehouse manager created products.
Here, the admin can view different details regarding the orders placed under the different warehouses. For any particular warehouse, the admin can tap the View button under the Actions column to check the details of the particular orders.
Apart from that, the admin can filter the warehouse orders using the –
- Order Id
- Warehouse Code
- Order Date
- Order Status
Under this section, the admin can check the warehouses income.
Warehouse Transaction Logs
Under this section, the admin will be able to check the transaction logs of all the warehouses within the OpenCart DHgate Dropship connector transaction log section.
Moreover, in case you need more information or require any customization for the OpenCart DHgate Dropship connector, then kindly shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or raise a ticket at our HelpDesk system.
Current Product Version - 220.127.116.11
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x