Note: The User Guide describes the workflow of Odoo Marketplace Buyer Seller Communication only. To know how the base module: Odoo Multi-Vendor Marketplace works; kindly refer to the User Guide Of Odoo Multi-Vendor Marketplace.
The art of communication is a vital spark for a foundation!! Buyer-seller interaction on the Marketplace enables customers to communicate with your sellers to resolve their queries. This service accentuates the marketplace that, as a result, enables you to gain customer’s trust and make you stand out from other websites. To make this happen, start off this service directly via Odoo Marketplace Buyer Seller Communication Module. It allows your buyers/customers to directly interact with sellers for any query or feedback.
This messaging service can be a boon to your marketplace. Customers can contact directly to the sellers to resolve their query that compels them to go for instant purchase. Being the admin, you can keep a track of all the messages from the backend. Also, it’s totally up to you to enable or disable this service for different sellers accordingly on your Marketplace.
- It allows the buyers to directly contact sellers for any query or feedback.
- The buyer can contact sellers by the product page or seller profile.
- The messages can include an image, documents, or any other file in the message.
- The status of the message thread can be changed as per the situation to keep track of the progress.
- You can view, monitor, and update any conversation from all sellers on the marketplace.
- The messages can be sorted according to the status or date.
- Mail notifications for every message added to the thread are automatically sent to the buyer and seller.
- You can enable the buyer-seller communication feature for every seller individually.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘marketplace_buyer_seller_communication’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘marketplace_buyer_seller_communication’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Configuration of the Odoo Marketplace Buyer Seller Communication Module
- Once the installation is completed, log in as admin. After that, visit the Odoo Seller Dashboard app.
- After that, follow the path + >> Configuration>> Settings.
- Under the Mail & Notifications tab, enable the Buyer-Seller communication settings. As a result, it will allow communication between Marketplace sellers and buyers.
- Admin can also allow the buyer-seller communication seller wise by clicking on Seller Dashboard>> Sellers>> Sellers.
- After that, select a particular seller for whom you want to enable this service.
- Under the General tab, enable/disable the communication between seller and buyer.
- You can check the list of marketplace Buyer Seller communication by clicking on the Buyer-Seller Communication menu as shown below.
- After that, you can check the particular seller’s communication with respect to its status which could be Open/ Resolved/ Closed by selecting on the particular seller communication.
- Now, change the status of the chat by clicking on the resolved/ closed button and also add the comment on the chat by clicking on the send message menu.
- Now, the status of the query will be changed to ‘Resolved‘. Click on the ‘Close‘ button to close the query.
- Now, you will see the closed status of the query.
The sellers can check their chat history list with respective details from the backend too. Here are the steps:
- Log in as a seller and follow the path Seller Dashboard>> Buyer Seller communication menu.
- The seller will be able to see the list of queries created by customers on the frontend. Click on any query to check the Chat history with respective status by selecting it.
- After opening the window, sellers can look at the customer queries/messages. Sellers can also send messages to the customers along with attachments from the backend as shown below.
- Also, they can even change the status of the query to ‘Resolved‘ or ‘Closed‘ as per their wish.
- The seller can also check his communication history by clicking on My Account menu on the frontend.
- Now, click on the Buyer Seller Communication History tab.
- After that, select the query to see it in a detailed view.
- Therefore, seller will be able to see the chat history of the query in detail.
- Now, customers can click on the Shop button and select a product.
- After that, they can type the query they wish to make to your seller and click on the ‘Submit‘ button.
- As a result, the query will be submitted.
- Therefore, you will be able to provide this communication service to your customers and increase your brand value.
OTHER RELATED MODULES FOR ODOO
- Odoo Marketplace Advertisement Manager
- Marketplace Advance Commission
- Odoo Marketplace Custom Product Tabs
- Odoo Marketplace Seller Slider
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0