Vehicle Tracking Made Easier with Traccar App in Odoo!
Running cab services or moving freight; both the parts come under transportation services. Transportation is one of the leading industry as it is a crucial part of everybody’s life. However, if you are running business related to the transportation then tracking management of vehicles is an important part as it helps you to manage the related things efficiently.
Safety of the people in the cab or the goods in the freight is your responsibility. Traccar is one of the best solution for tracking your fleet efficiently. It is open source and also lets you keep track of the details of your vehicle with zero possibilities of failure.
On the other hand, Odoo which is one of the topmost backend management software has offered a fleet module for the ease of the transportation businesses. Odoo fleet facilitates the users to track as well as manage the data related to the vehicle(s).
Integrating Odoo Fleet with Traccar Tracking App!
Now, easily manage the tracking of your vehicles from a single software. Odoo Fleet Traccar Tracking allows you to keep the track of the movements of the vehicles; moreover, you can also check the travel history for a particular custom time period.
- Integrate your Traccar iOS and Android app with Odoo
- Associate newly created or old vehicle(s) to the traccar device id
- You can live track the location of the vehicles individually
- You can also track the location of multiple vehicles together in a map
- Check the tracking history of any vehicle for every 5 minute
- You can check the trip history of a particular vehicle on the basis of time duration
- Odoo Fleet Traccar Tracking is fully integrated with google map; hence, the map view used is google map
- Check the Driver details like battery percentage, location accuracy and vehicle speed
- Default Live Tracking via scheduler in every 2 mins or, change the scheduler time as you require
- You can easily configure tracking feature in any iOS or android app
- Enable/disable tracking feature for any particular device
- You can manually Import vehicle trip history for particular time duration
- You can check the count of the total trips of any vehicle
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_traccar_tracking’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘odoo_traccar_tracking’. You will be able to see the module in the search result.
- Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1) Admin needs to download traccar web client as per his/her operating system; the link to download the app is: https://www.traccar.org/download/
2) Driver needs to install Traccar Client App for iOS and Android
Link to install the app for iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/traccar-client/id843156974#?platform=iphone
Link to install the app for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.traccar.client
3) You require Google Map API which you can create API key with the help of this link : (https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials)
After creating API key, you need to enable below mentioned APIs:
- Geocoding API
- Maps Static API
Please go through the link mentioned here for the directions API Usage and billing: (https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/directions/usage-and-billing)
1) Login to your Odoo database and go to the fleet module.
2) Click on the ‘Configuration‘ tab and then select the ‘Traccar Configuration‘ menu.
3) Now, click on the ‘Create‘ button and add the Traccar URL; moreover you also need to add Traccar credentials which includes User Name and Password. Once done save the changes and test the connections.
4) After configuration, click on the ‘Vehicles‘ tab and select the vehicle which you want to associate with traccar. You can also create a new Vehicle for it.
5) This is how the vehicle data look like when it is not associated to traccar. If you want to associate the vehicle with traccar then click on the red button dedicated for Traccar.
6) Now, you can check the section where you need to add Device Unique ID which you will get from Traccar Server App or you can use a new one. After that, click on the ‘Create&Validate Vehicle‘ button and the Unique Id will be linked to the traccar app. Once done, the red dedicated button will turn to green.
7) In the Traccar Server App; click on the ‘+‘ buton; add the name and Identifier(Device Unique Id). Once done click on the check button.
8) Click on the ‘Configuration‘ tab and then select the ‘Settings‘ menu.
9) Now, scroll down and enable the Geo Localization checkbox to integrate the module with Google map. Once enabled, add the API and its key.
10) Apart from the configuration in Odoo, the driver also needs to configure the traccar client mobile app. Here, the driver needs to add the device identifier(Device Unique Id in Odoo) and Server URL(Traccar Server URL). Once done enable the Service Status to online.
11) You can fetch the trip history manually, navigate to the Configuration >> Traccar Configuration. After that click on the ‘Fetch Trip Data‘ button and select the vehicle, its driver and set the date range. Once done, click on the ‘Fetch Trip Report‘ to check the data.
12) You can also get the trip history on the basis of scheduler which runs in every 2 minutes or you can set it as you want.
13) Now, click on the Vehicles tab and select the Trip Details menu. From here you can check the trip details of any vehicle.
14) When you’ll select any record then you can check the detailed information of the trip. The details are like Vehicle Name, Driver, Source as well as Destination location, Battery percent, accuracy and Traccar Details. Apart from that you can check the distance covered in the google map view.
15) In the Traccar Server App, you can check the device wise trip details
16) You can also check the trip details of any particular vehicle; simply open any traccar vehicle and click on the trip history button. After that a pop up is generated where you need to select the date range and click on the ‘Show Trip Report button‘.
17) You can also check the online/offline status of vehicles from one place; navigation to check the status is Vehicles>> Traccar Vehicles. The green dot shows online status while red dot shows offline status.
18) The view of the Vehicle Trip history which show the distance covered by the vehicle in a particular time period.
19) You can check the location of all drivers from a single map view; navigate Vehicles>>Driver Location. Then, you need to set the time period and click on the ‘Fetch Driver Location‘
20) Map view to check the location of all the drivers along with their names.
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Hope you find the guide helpful!
Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module Odoo Fleet Traccar Tracking then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11