In an organization, each and every employee needs to work on multiple types of equipment, but all employees do not require multiple types of equipment at the same time. So organizations used to allocate equipment to employees whenever they needed them for a certain period of time. It will be very chaotic if the organization manages the allocation of equipment manually as it will be a complex process. Equipment allocation in Odoo includes the Allocation of equipment, equipment maintenance, maintenance request, and many other functions. The Equipment allocation in Odoo is any method being used to keep the facilities of equipment being in working order and is available for allocation. Equipment allocation in Odoo also includes routine maintenance as well as corrective repair work.
As the allocation of equipment involves a multi-stage process, it is therefore very essential for an organization to organize its resources. Odoo Equipment Allocations employees can conveniently order the allocation of facilities. In addition, the assignment request mail will be sent to followers of the resource category and maintenance team.
- Through this software, employees can conveniently request the allocation of the equipment.
- Appliances may be linked to the product.
- Introduce a new category called ‘Equipment’ in allocations for equipment.
- Numerous Equipment Stages were initiated.
- Employees can apply as ‘on-demand’ or ‘permanent’ for equipment.
- Approval mail for the allocation of equipment will be sent to the Requester.
- The allocation request post is sent to the group and management team followers.
- Restrict users to delegate numerous requests to the same computer.
- Manage the date of manufacture and warranty terms of the appliances.
- The owner of the equipment could cancel the employee’s request for an assignment.
- Permanently assigned equipment may be overtaken at any time.
1.) Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘equipment_allocations’.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘equipment_allocations’.
7.) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
For Equipment Creation:
1) Firstly login to Odoo database to go to the ‘Maintenance’ module.
2) In the ‘Maintenance’ module go to ‘Equipment’ tab. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create new Equipment.
3) Add the ‘Equipment Name’, ‘Product Name’ and other required details and click on the ‘Save’ button to save the new Equipment.
For Allocation Request:
4) Once you have created an Equipment you can go to the Allocation tab to create an ‘Allocation Request’ for the Equipment. Go to Maintenance>> Allocation>> Allocation Request. Click on the ‘Create‘ button to create a new ‘Allocation Request’.
5) Add the ‘Subject’, ‘Assigned to’, ‘Category’ , ‘Scheduled Date’ and other details and click on the ’Save’ button to save the ‘Allocation Request’. As soon as you will save the Allocation Request it will be in a ‘New’ stage.
6) Click on the ‘Approve’ button to approve the Allocation Request and change the stage of Allocation Request from ‘New’ to ‘Approved’.
7) Once you click on the ‘Approve’ button a pop up will appear, click on the ‘OK’ button to approve the Allocation Request.
8) As soon as you approve the Allocation Request will be moved to the next stage for Allocation Request i.e. ‘Approved’. Click on the ‘Allocate’ button for Allocation of Equipment.
9) Once click on the Allocate button a pop up will appear, click on the ‘OK’ button to confirm the allocation for the Equipment.
10) As soon as you confirm of the Allocation Request it will be moved to the next stage i.e. ‘Allocated’. Click on the ‘Return’ button to Return allocated equipment.
11) Once you click on the Return button a pop up will appear, Click on the ‘OK’ button to return the Allocated Equipment. Once you click on Return button you will be moved to a new stage i.e. ‘Cancelled’ .
For Maintenance Request:
12) You can also create a ‘Maintenance Request’ for the equipment available. Go to Maintenance>>Maintenance>> Maintenance Request. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create a Maintenance Request for an Equipment.
13) Add the fields ‘Title’, ‘Team’ and other required details to create a New Maintenance Request and click on the ‘Save’ button to save the Maintenance Request.
14) You can Edit the stage of the Maintenance Request by clicking on the button ‘Edit’.
15) You can Edit the Maintenance Request stages from the following ‘New Request’, ‘In Progress’, ‘Repaired’ and ‘Scrap’.
16) As soon as you create a New Maintenance Request it will be reflected corresponding to the Equipment.
17) Also you can Edit the stage of the Maintenance Request just by clicking on the ‘Maintenance’ button visible in Equipment.
For Creating Stockable Product:
18) You can also create ‘Stockable Product’. Go to Maintenance>> Product>> Stockable Product. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new Stockable Product.
For Creating Product Category:
19) You can also create a new Product category for the Stockable Products. Go to Maintenance>> Product>> Product Categories. Click on the ’Create’ button to create a new Product Category.
For Maintenance Teams:
20) You can also create Maintenance teams.Go to Maintenance>> Configuration>> Maintenance Teams. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create new Maintenance Teams.
For Creating Equipment Categories:
21) You can also create Equipment Categories. Go to Maintenance>> Configuration>> Equipment Category. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new Equipment Category.
22) Add the ‘Category Name’ and other required details and click on the ‘Save’ button to save the newly created Equipment Category.
For Creating Vendor:
23) You can also create Vendors accordingly. Go to Maintenance>> Configuration >> Vendors. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create New Vendors whenever needed.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11, V10