INTRODUCTION of Odoo Delivery Boy App
Isn’t it great that your delivery boy can navigate to the delivery address through the map after accepting the delivery for an order? It will result in speedy deliveries and will help even those who are not much aware of the route.
Odoo Delivery Boy App allows the Odoo admin to manage his/her delivery boy network in the Odoo. The admin can create delivery boy’s records and assign orders to them in the Odoo. A delivery boy can install the app and view the assigned order. He/she can accept or reject the order.
Once the delivery boy delivers the accepted order, he/she can mark the order as delivered in the mobile app. The Odoo admin can check the status of the order as accepted, rejected, delivered, etc. in the Odoo.
Moreover, the app follows the latest technology of Flutter wherein one can use Dart to build mobile apps.
The admin can also configure and enable push notifications for various actions such as assigning delivery, order delivery, etc in the Odoo.
Odoo Company ? Read More
Check a brief overview of the delivery boy mobile app for the android platform based mobile device –
Features of Odoo Delivery Boy App
- The app allows the Odoo admin to manage delivery boys and order delivery in the Odoo.
- The delivery boy can view the orders in the app along with the total earnings and the total number of order delivered.
- The delivery boy can change his/her status as offline or online in the App.
- The admin can assign the sales order to any delivery boy.
- The Odoo admin can also check the status of the assigned delivery in the Odoo.
- After accepting the delivery for an order, the delivery boy can use the map to reach the customer’s address.
- The delivery boy needs to set the order as delivered in the App to complete the delivery.
- Once an order is delivered, the delivery gets automatically validated in the Odoo backend(if enabled by the admin from settings)
- The admin can also enable the Token option from the settings wherein, the customer receives a unique token on his mail. The customer needs to provide the token number to the delivery boy while accepting the order.
- The admin can also configure various delivery boy push notifications in the Odoo.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file from your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- mobikul’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘mobikul’. You will be able to see the module in the search result.
- Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Adding a new delivery Boy in Odoo
1.) A new delivery boy is first added as a portal user in the Odoo and then assigned the title as a delivery boy.
2.) Go to Settings >> users. Click on create.
3.) Here, enter the name and email address of the delivery boy. Under user type select portal. Fill other details and click save.
4.) Now run the developer mode and click on the action tab. Then click on change password.
5.) Now assign a password to the user.
6.) Lastly, mark this user as a delivery boy and active.
7.) Go to Inventory >> All Delivery Boys. Here you can see the new delivery boy in the list of all the delivery boys.
8.) Now, go to Inventory Settings.
9.) Here under the Delivery Boy title, you can manage and automate various tasks.
10.) Auto-validate delivery: When enabled, this option automatically validates the delivery picking when the delivery boy marks the delivery as completed in the mobile app.
11.) Verify Token: When enabled, a token/passcode is sent via mail to the customer. This token number is needed by the delivery boy to mark the delivery as done in his app.
12.) Auto-Invoice: Enabling this option will create the draft invoice for the picking once the order is delivered by the delivery boy.
Managing Delivery through Delivery Boy App
13.) In the Odoo, go to sales >> orders. Open any order. Go to delivery.
14.) Here click on assign delivery boy to assign the delivery of this order to a delivery boy.
15.) Choose the delivery boy and click save.
16.) The delivery boy would open the app, go to dashboard >> new orders.
17.) Here he can either accept or reject the picking.
18.) The admin can view the status of the picking as accepted, pending, delivered, or rejected in the Odoo.
19.) Now if token validation is enabled, the app would prompt for the token number to complete the delivery.
20.) If not, then the order is marked as completed.
21.) In the Odoo backend, the delivery is automatically validated if the settings allow. Otherwise, the Odoo user can manually validate it.
22.) Similarly, if auto-invoice settings are enabled, the system automatically generates a draft invoice of the completed picking.
Refer The User Guides of Other Odoo Mobile Apps
Hope you find the guide for Odoo Delivery Boy App helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - ODOO V10, V11, V12, V13, V14