Joomla CMS Akeneo Connector allows you to export and publishes your content through the Akeneo platform. With this integration, you’ll be able to create blog articles using Akeneo product data. Joomla CMS Akeneo Connector will export categories, articles (including tags, links, images, meta information, key reference, author, content rights, status, access, and much more).
- This module works with Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x, 3.2.x, 4.0.x and 5.0.x. Download Akeneo from here
- This module is compatible with the Akeneo community and Enterprise(Flexibility) edition.
- If you want to use this extension on Akeneo EE Serenity mode, please contact us.
- For the Akeneo installation, your Akeneo server should meet these system requirements.
- Export Categories from Akeneo in Joomla CMS.
- Send Products from Akeneo to Articles in Joomla CMS.
- Export Product Images as Article Images.
- Joomla CMS Akeneo Connector is compatible with the latest Akeneo version 5.0.x
- Export article tags, images, links, publish start date, publish end date, with article data.
- Use the fixed value for some fields when exporting data.
- Filter Data to be exported based on category, family, completeness, identifier (SKU).
- Connect multiple Joomla instances by providing credentials in export jobs.
- Better mapping UI with select attributes instead of filling code.
Module Installation For Version 4.0.x to 5.0.x
Please follow these steps for installing the Joomla CMS Akeneo Connector module in your Akeneo PIM platform.
1 – Unzip the respective extension zip then merge the “src” folder into the akeneo project root directory.
2 – Goto app/AppKernel.php then add the line.
Webkul\JoomlaCmsBundle\JoomlaCmsBundle::class => ['all' => true],
in the return array.
3 – Copy the “config” folder into akeneo project root directory for routing.
4 – Run this command after ssh to your akeneo server by the terminal
php bin/console cache:clear--env=prod;php bin/console joomlaCms:setup:install && yarn run webpack
5 – If you are using php-fpm. Then you need to restart the php-fpm services and apache web server.
For Akeneo 5
sudo service php-fpm7.4 restart
For Akeneo 4
sudo service php-fpm7.3 restart
Docker Installation Command :
For Akeneo 5
alias docker_php='docker-compose run -u www-data --rm php php'; alias docker_yarn='docker-compose run -u node --rm node yarn'; docker_php bin/console cache:clear --env=prod; docker_php bin/console pim:installer:assets --symlink --clean --env=prod; docker_php bin/console d:s:u --force; docker_yarn run webpack; docker_yarn run update-extensions; docker_yarn run less;
For Akeneo 4
alias docker_php='docker-compose run -u www-data --rm php php'; alias docker_yarn='docker-compose run -u node --rm node yarn'; docker_php bin/console cache:clear --env=prod; docker_php bin/console pim:installer:assets --symlink --clean --env=prod; docker_php bin/console d:s:u --force; docker_yarn run webpack; docker_yarn run less;
Module Installation For Version 2.x to 3.x
Once you have extracted the downloaded zip file, you will find two module folders. “JoomlaCmsBundle” for Akeneo and “joomla_api_v1.0.zip” for Joomla.
Akeneo Module Installation
1 – Once you have unzipped the download zip then merge the “src” folder into akeneo project root directory.
2 – Goto app/AppKernel.php after that add the following line.
in function registerProjectBundles()
3 – After that, goto app/config/routing.yml then add these lines at top of the file.
joomla: resource: "@JoomlaCmsBundle/Resources/config/routing.yml" prefix: /
4 – You have to navigate first to Akeneo installation directory (Ex: cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs). After SSH, you have to run the command to your Akeneo server by the terminal.
php bin/console cache:clear--env=prod;
php bin/console joomlaCms:setup:install && yarn run webpack
6. If you are using php-fpm. Then you need to restart the php-fpm services.
sudo service php-fpm7.2 restart
Joomla Module Installation
1 – Login to Joomla admin panel then go to Extensions>Manage>Install.
2 – Browse the “joomla_api_v1.0.zip” file and upload it. After successful installation, you will see a message
“Installation of the component was successful.”
Common Issues After Installation
It might happen that even after proper installation, upon opening your Akeneo admin dashboard, you see a loading screen. In that case, do check for the following solution:
- Webpack Installation: If you get the below error
It means that webpack is not installed in your system. Run the following command
npm install --save-prod webpack npm install
- Module routing.yml is not configured properly. Re-check the routing.yml file as mentioned in the 3rd step of Module Installation
- Clear your browser cache.
Joomla API Credentials
Once you have installed the module in Joomla, you need to generate an API key that will be used in the Akeneo Connector module configuration.
First, log in to the admin panel then go to Components>JoomApi>API Key>New.
Copy the API Key, it will be used in the next step of Joomla CMS Akeneo Connector module configuration.
Login to your Akeneo admin panel and then go to Joomla CMS Akeneo Connector menu. Here, you need to go to the Credentials section and enter Joomla website URL and the API Key created in the previous step.
In the Attribute Mapping section, you need to match the Akeneo product attributes with Joomla fields. This process is important because it will ensure that the correct information is exported to Joomla from Akeneo.
Please Note – Before doing attribute mapping, make sure you have already created and set up the required attributes in your Akeneo.
When you export to Joomla, you can send detailed information about your blog articles. Following Joomla fields are supported:
- Article Title
- Article Alias
- Status (0 -> unpublish, 1 -> publish, -2 -> trashed )
- Tags (Use the Tags separated by commas Only)
- Intro Image with Alt, Caption
- FullText Image with Alt, Caption
- Link A, B, C
- Link Text A, B, C
- Start Publishing Date
- Finish Publishing Date
- Created By Alias
- Meta Description, Meta Keywords
- Key Reference
- Content Rights
- External Reference
To do an attribute mapping, go to Use Value of this Attribute column and select an Akeneo attribute which resembles the Field in Joomla CMS column.
Use this Fixed Value – In case you want to use some fixed value for all export products, you can mention that value here.
Akeneo Product Information
Once you have created and mapped all the relevant attributes for the Joomla platform, you can go to the Products section and manage product information. You can set the article title, upload feature image, the article image, add links, reference, alias (URL), publishing information, etc.
Write and format your content using the rich text editor of Akeneo. The connector will send all the text formatting details on Joomla such as bold, italics, underlined, paragraphs, bullet points, including the HTML code.
After you have managed the product information, you can move on to the export process. Go to Exports>Create Export Profile and enter a code and set a label. There are three profiles available in this connector:
- Article Export – This export job profile will send all the articles to Joomla. You can use various filters for products.
- Category Export – This export job profile will create/update all the Akeneo categories in Joomla.
- Articles/Products Collection Export – This export job profile will export/update all the articles and categories from Akeneo to the Joomla website.
Filter the Product – You can then decide, which products will be selected and filtered for the export jobs. You can filter the products based on family, status, completeness, time condition, categories, or identifier.
Job Credentials – In case you are managing multiple Joomla websites and want to export content to some other website for this job profile, you can mention the credentials. Please note these credentials must be separate from the Module Configuration.
Now save your profile and click Export Now button. You can see the progress on the screen showing count of products and categories are read and written.
As you can see that the article has been exported to Joomla successfully. You can edit the article and check the information.
All the mapped attributes information will appear in the article with proper text formatting.
Images and links are also imported to Joomla.
Current Product Version - 2.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Joomla 3.x | Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x, 3.2.x, 4.0.x and 5.0.x