Learning Management System (LMS) for Magento 2: The upsurge in digitization has bought a drastic change even in traditional educational practices.
The times when everything was executed without the internet, especially education has dissipated and has gone online.
As a result, LMS or Learning Management System has come into existence which brings the trainers and learners together to be a part of the knowledge sharing process.
Learning Management System (LMS) for Magento 2 allows a new product type, namely Course Product.
It facilitates the admin to create multiple trending online courses and creates a common platform where both the aspirants and trainers can gain and impart knowledge, respectively.
For these courses, the admin can create multiple content sections and add new content, such as videos or pdf files under Content and Assignment, respectively.
The main focus is to provide the customers with a common arena where they can look for trending online courses and befit from the same.
- It is mandatory to install the FFmpeg or the Fast Forward MPEG, which is responsible for instant video format conversions, in the Magento 2 Root Directory.
- Click here to download the FFmpeg.
- Further, after installing the module, a composer command is run which fetches the above process.
Check the working & setup in this video –
- The admin can create new courses under Course Product type.
- It leverages the admin to choose either Content or Assignment for initializing content sections.
- The admin can upload video under Content option for course product type.
- Under Assignment option, the admin can add pdf, or zip files for course product type.
- The customers can ask course related questions.
- Answers can be added by the admin for the questions which the customers ask.
- The customers can preview of the course content video before making a purchase.
- The customer can see course completion percentage in a progress bar.
Customers will get a zip folder. Then they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command –
composer require php-ffmpeg/php-ffmpeg
Second command –
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Third Command –
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Fourth Command –
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
For translating the module language, navigate through src/app/code/Webkul/LearningManagementSystem/i18n and edit the en_US.csv file.
Thereafter, rename the CSV as “ar_SA.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the Arabic language. After editing the CSV, save it.
Then upload it to the path src/app/code/Webkul/LearningManagementSystem/i18n where the Magento2 is installed on the server.
LMS Admin Configurations
Once the installation process is complete, the admin can configure the settings by navigating through Stores > Configuration.
It redirects the admin to the Configuration page where the admin needs to set the Display Settings and Social Share for Course permissions.
The admin can set the Display Settings permission as under:
- No. of Enrolled Students: The admin can mark ‘Yes’ for this field.
- Course Section: The admin can choose to display the Course Section.
- Short Description about the Course: The admin may allow to display the short description about the respective course.
- Total Course Duration: The admin may choose to display the course duration.
- Progress Bar after User has Purchased the Course: The admin may allow to display the progress bar once the user purchases the course.
- Share Option after Purchasing the Course: The share option may be enabled by the admin after course is purchased.
Social Share for Course
Configurations for the Social Share are set by the admin as under:
Twitter: The admin may enable course share on Twitter.
Facebook: The admin may enable course share on Facebook.
Email: The admin may allow course share through emails as well.
Creating A Course Product for LMS
As the admin saves the details of a new course product, two more options apart from Course Details option (visible in above image), shall appear, namely, Course Content and Product Review.
On tapping the Course Content option, the admin will find the Add Course Content tab as shown in the image below.
Adding Course Content/ Content Sections
The admin will find a list of course sections and also the Add New Section tab, tapping which the admin can create fresh course sections.
A New Course Sections page opens up just as the admin clicks on the Add New Section tab.
The admin will have to fill in the details such as Section Title and Sort Order in order to add a new section for a course.
On saving the details, the new course section which the admin creates will be visible in the course section list, as shown in the image below.
Adding New Content
Further, the admin adds new course content for the course sections by clicking on the Add New Content tab as shown in the image below.
As the admin clicks on the Add New Content tab, a New Course Content opens up, where the admin needs to fill in the details such as Content Title, Section Title, Type, Preview, etc.
The admin can configure the fields as under:
Content Title: The admin configures the content tile for the course content.
Section Title: The admin may choose the course sections from the drop down list.
Type: The admin can choose the desired Type to initialize the Course Content. The admin may choose either Content or Assignment.
- Under Content, the admin may upload video for the chosen course section.
- On choosing Assignment, the admin may add doc files bearing extensions such as .pdf, .txt or .zip for the chosen course section.
Preview: The admin can allow a preview of the course content (video or doc files).
Select File to Import: Upload the video or document files, as chosen.
Description: A short description which gives an idea about the respective course content.
The admin can select ‘Content’ or ‘Assignment‘ against the Type field while setting the New Course Content configurations.
On choosing ‘Assignment’ option against the Type field, the admin can upload pdf, zip or text files for the course content.
The customer needs to log in, using their account credentials so as to make a purchase.
In the home page, the customers will find a new category by the name “Courses” on clicking which the customers can view available online courses as shown in the image below.
It redirects the customer to the product page of the respective course. It displays all the details such
The product page includes the details of the course including the Course Content along with which the video/ or pdf, text files.
The customer can even choose to preview the video before buying the course.
Also, a review section is present, where the customer can add their reviews for the resective online course.
The reviews which the customer provides will display under Product Reviews option in the Product Creation Page in the admin panel as shown below.
In the checkout page, the customer needs to agree to the terms and conditions and then place the order.
LMS QnA Section
On clicking the QnA tab, the customer will find the Ask New Question tab, clicking which the customer can ask any question relevant to the online course and publish the same.
The admin can in return add a revert for the customer’s query there itself.
The flow of the QnA section will display as shown in the image below.
LMS Social Sharing
Meanwhile, the customer can forward or recommend the online course to other candidates as well through social sharing options.
One can find these options on top-right corner of the Course Content page as shown in the image below.
These social sharing icons are visible once the customer purchases the online course.
On clicking the twitter icon, the customer can share the online course(s) on twitter as shown in the image below.
The mail icon allows the customer to share the online course(s) to other aspirants over mail as shown in the image below.
That’s all for the Learning Management System (LMS) for Magento 2. If you face any issue, feel free to add a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 3.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x