Let’s think about what happens after someone gets a product happily at home and realizes it’s expired. Isn’t it frustrating? Yes, it is.
This situation can happen to your customers too, and you might never know about it. Some customers will stay loyal to you and continue to shop at your store. Others might decide that they want to shop somewhere else where they feel that they will not accidentally purchase expired products.
To avoid this situation and for the sake of maintaining customer’s trust CS-Cart Expired Products Purchase Restriction add-on has been developed.
CS-Cart Expired Products Purchase Restriction add-on restricts customers to purchase expired products from the store.
Check a brief overview of the plugin –
Features Of CS-Cart Expired Products Purchase Restriction
- Well integrated with CS-Cart and CS-Cart Multivendor.
- Admin can set the expiry date of the products.
- If the product gets expires, the customer will not be able to buy that product.
- Customers can request expired products from the front end if they want to purchase them.
- Admin can view the expired products & requests made by the customers for the expired products.
The flow of Installation and Configuration
When you download the “CS-Cart Expired Products Purchase Restriction” add-on, you get one zip file and the install.txt file. Firstly click on the plus icon to upload the zip file.
Development Company Find out More
Now, click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown in the below snapshot.
After installation of the add-on, you will find the “Expired Products Purchase Restriction” add-on in the list of the available add-on. Make sure, the add-on is activated as shown in the below snapshot.
In order to set the expiration date of the product, go to the product editing page then in the pricing/inventory section you will find the option to set the expiration date of the product as shown below.
At the front end, the product expiration date is available for the products as shown.
Now go to Products >> Expired products purchase restriction. Two options are :
- Expired products
- Products requested
- To check the list of expired products, go to Expired products. Here a list of the products which got expired is shown below.
If the product got expired then add to cart button gets removed from the front end automatically and if the customer wants to purchase that product then the customer can make a request for a product from the front end as shown below.
- To check the list of requested products by the customers, go to the Products requested option. Here is the list of the products for which customers have made the request for availability as shown below.
That’s all about the CS-Cart Expired Products Purchase Restriction add-on. Moreover, if you have any doubts or queries regarding the add-on, get back to us at [email protected] or create a ticket at our HelpDesk system.
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - 4.9.x, 4.10.x, 4.11.x