The Magento 2(Adobe Commerce) Social Signup module allows users to sign up on their site using social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Also, the admin can manage settings for social networks on the back end, such as App ID, secret key, etc.
In Magento 2(Adobe Commerce Cloud) Social Signup module, the guest users can simply sign up at the checkout page as well as through social media options. These options are present at the checkout page where the guest user can choose any option to log in.
Watch the below video tutorial to understand the extension workflow:
- It allows users to sign-up on their site using social networks.
- The customer selects one of their preferred social networks to sign up on your site.
- Among the available social accounts, the customer can select the desired one.
- Multiple social media options are present on the checkout page where the guest user can choose any option to log in.
- The admin can enable or disable the customer to log in to their site using social networks.
- Settings for social networks are managed by the admin on the backend such as App ID, secret key, etc.
- All browsers are compatible (IE7+, FF, Chrome etc).
- compatible with Multi-Store.
- The code is fully open & you can customize it according to your need.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder and inside the “src folder” we have – app folder. You need to transfer the app, folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
Magento 2 Company ? Read More
If you have downloaded the Magento 2(Adobe Commerce) Social Signup module from Magento Connect, then,
- unzip the respective extension zip and create Webkul(vendor)
- then SocialSignup(module) name folder inside your Magento root directory as app/code/Webkul/
- After that, move all module’s files inside /app/code/Webkul/SocialSignup/ folder in Magento root directory.
Just after the upload, you can see the folders in your Magento2 Root Directory.
Once the installation is successfully completed, you have to run these commands in the Magento 2 root directory.
First command –
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command –
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command –
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration of Multi-Lingual Support
For multilingual support, the admin will navigate through Store->Configuration->General ->Locale Options and select the locale as German (the language into which admin wants to translate his store content).
If the user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/SocialSignup/i18n in their unzipped Magento Marketplace folder and will get a CSV file with the name “en_US.csv”.
After that, they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language.
After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/SocialSignup/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on their server. The module will get translated in the German Language.
After the successful installation of the Magento 2 Social Signup module admin will be able to view the Magento 2 Social Signup configuration setting under Stores > Configuration > Social Signup.
For Social Log-in here we have all the Configuration settings.
- Status: The Admin can enable or disable the status of the module.
Social Login Button display: Social login buttons on the listed page can also be shown by the admin through the Login form, checkout page, and registration form.
Login form: A login page is an entry page that requires user identification which is often accomplished by providing an email and password combination as mentioned below.
- Registration Form: Customers’ registration form is used to track consumer data and accept payments.
- Checkout Page: On the checkout page customers enter their shipping information and payment details before placing the order as mentioned below.
- Social Share icon on Product Page: Admin can enable or disable the social share icon on the product page.
Subscribe Customer To Email Newsletter: Admin can enable or disable to subscribe to the email newsletter for customers.
Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration on the Admin sidebar after that in the left panel, expand Customers and choose Newsletter.
Social Sign-up Details On Backend
After configuration settings, Customers can find various social networks on the log-in page and also sign up for their site using social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Instagram. There is no need to fill in various fields for sign-up.
LinkedIn API Credentials
First, click on the LinkedIn login button below page will be open.
How to set-up Application for LinkedIn
You can create a LinkedIn application using this link https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer.
To create an application Please follow these steps:
1. Clicking the above link will navigate the user to the “My Application” page. Here, the user will click on the “Create Application” button.
2. Moreover, fill out the form to register a New Application.
3. After that, you can receive Application details with your “Consumer Key” and “Consumer Secret”.
Set the OAuth Redirect URL like this – www.example.com/socialsignup/linkedin/connect/
Google API Credentials
After clicking on the Google login button below page will be open.
How to set-up Application for Google
You can create a Google application using this link https://console.developers.google.com/project
Steps to create an Application:
1. Go to your API & Services ->Library
2. Now click Google+API under the section Social.
3. Now, click the Enable button to enable the Google+ API.
4. Now, click My Project to create a new project.
5. On clicking My Project, a pop-up will appear. Click “New Project” link.
6. Enter the name for your project so that you can identify your project. Please note that you should not include any Google word for your project name.
7. Meanwhile, go to the Credentials menu option and then click on Create credentials.
8 After that, click to create the OAuth client ID.
9. To configure the consent screen, click the “Configure consent screen” button.
10. Enter the product name that is to be shown to the users and then click the Save button.
Set the OAuth Redirect URL like this – www.example.com/socialsignup/google/connect/
12. Finally, after clicking the Create button in the above step you will get the Client Id and Client Secret.
Twitter API Credentials
After clicking on the Twitter login button below page will be open.
You can create a Twitter application using this link https://apps.twitter.com/
Steps to create a Twitter Application:
1. Click on “Create New App”
2. After that, fill out the form to Create a New Twitter Application.
Set the Callback URL as – www.example.com/socialsignup/twitter/connect/
3. Before moving forward, you need to agree Twitter’s Developer Agreement and Policy. Once you are done with reading all the policies and use cases, click on Create button.
4. In the end, receive your Consumer Key and Secret under Keys And Access Tokens
Twitter doesn’t send the Email Id of the customer at the time of Logi-n. It sends only Screen Name. So kindly update your Email Id and Password after sign up with Twitter.
Facebook API Credentials
First, click on the Facebook login button below page will be open.
You can create a Facebook application using this link https://developers.facebook.com/
- Facebook requires that you create an external application linking your website to their API.
- App Id and App Secret (also sometimes referred to as Consumer Key and Secret or Client Id and Secret) are what we call an application credential.
- Meanwhile, this application will link your website example.com to Facebook API and these credentials are needed in order for Facebook users to access your website.
To enable authentication with this provider and to register a new Facebook API Application, follow the steps:
First, go to https://developers.facebook.com/
Log in and select “Add a New App” from the “My Apps” menu at the top.
Meanwhile, a popup will display. Fill out “Display Name” for your app and the “Contact Email” and hit “Create App ID”.
Go to Settings page and enter “App Domains”.
After that, click “Add Platform” and choose “Website”.
And enter the “Site URL”.
The created application credentials (APP ID and App Secret) will be shown like the image below.
Meanwhile, copy and insert “App ID” and “App Secret” in the Configuration setting of the extension in the admin backend.
Instagram API Credentials
After Clicking on the Instagram Login button below page will open up where you need to put in your username and password as shown below.
Steps to create an Instagram Application-
1.) You can create an Instagram application by using this link https://instagram.com/developer/ -> Register your application.2.) Fill the application form and Redirect URIs.
Set the Redirect URL(s) as – www.example.com/socialsignup/instagram/connect/
3.) After that, you can get Client ID and Client Secret for your purposes.
For New Users
New users can register from the link: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-basic-display-api
There the user will click on the login button.
After that, they will navigate to the login page. If the user is a new user then they will create an account by clicking on the Create New Account button:
Further, the form will appear as shown in the image below:
After the login/ signup, the user will navigate to the Instagram Basic Display API page. Further, the user will click on the Create App button:
The user then needs to add the App Display Name and Contact Email ID:
On the next page, the user will select the Instagram option by clicking the Set Up button as shown in the image below:
Further, the user will navigate to Products > Instagram > Basic Display, there the user will click on the Create New App button:
After that, provide the name of a new Instagram app ID, as shown in the image below
Finally, the Instagram App ID and the Instagram App Secret will be visible as shown in the image below. The user copy-pastes it to the Instagram module configurations:
The user can also add the redirect links for the created app.
Social Signup for Guest Users
The customer can proceed to choose a product from the store and after adding the product to cart, proceed to checkout as shown in the image.
In the Checkout Page, the customer or a guest user can sign-up through any social media site.
Multiple options for the social media are present in the checkout page and the guest user/ customer can simply click on any of the options in order to login.
In the image below, the customer has chosen to log in through facebook.com.
On clicking the Facebook log in button on the checkout page, a Facebook login page would open through which the guest user can easily log in.
Further, the customers need to log in to any social media account by filling up the credentials. Further, the customer will proceed fro checkout process as shown in the image below:
Meanwhile, the customer will provide the details and click on Next. After that, the customer will move to the payment selection page. Once, the selection is done the customer will click on Place Order.
Also, the customer will receive a success message with the order number as shown in the image below:
That is all for the Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce Cloud)Social Sign-up module. Still, have any issues feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at http://webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 5.0.1
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x
Leave a Comment