Magento 2 Social Sign up module allows users to sign up on their site using social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Admin can manage settings for social networks on the back end such as App ID, secret key etc.
The guest users can simply sign up at the checkout page as well through social media options. These options are present at the checkout page where the guest user can choose any option to log in.
- Allows the users to sign-up on their site using social networks.
- Customer select one of their preferred social network to sign up on your site.
- The customer can choose one among the various social account to login.
- The social media options are present at the checkout page where the guest user can choose any option to log in.
- Admin can enable or disable the customer to log in to their site using social networks.
- Admin can manage settings for social networks on the backend such as App ID, secret key etc.
- All browser compatible(IE7+,FF,Chrome etc).
- Compatible with Multi-Store.
- The code is fully open & you can customize it according to your need.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder and inside the “src folder” we have – app folder. You need to transfer the app, folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
If you have downloaded the module from Magento Connect then unzip the respective extension zip and create Webkul(vendor) then SocialSignup(module) name folder inside your Magento root directory as app/code/Webkul/ and then move all module’s files inside /app/code/Webkul/SocialSignup/ folder in Magento root directory.
After the upload, you can see the folders in your Magento2 Root Directory.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration of Multi-Lingual Support
If the user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/SocialSignup/i18n in their unzipped Magento Marketplace folder and will get a CSV file with name “en_US.csv”. Now they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language. After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/SocialSignup/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on their server. The module will get translated in the German Language. It supports both the LTR and RTL languages.
Social Sign-up On Customer’s End
After configuration setting, Customer can find various social networks at the login page and also sign up into their site using social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn. There is no need to fill various fields for sign up.
After click on LinkedIn login button below page will be open.
How to set-up Application for LinkedIn
You can create a LinkedIn application using this link https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer.
To create an application Please follow these steps:
1. Clicking the above link will navigate the user to the “My Application” page. Here, the user will click on the “Create Application” button.
2. Now fill out the form to register a New Application.
3. After that, you can receive Application details with your “Consumer Key” and “Consumer Secret”.
Set the OAuth Redirect URL like this – www.example.com/socialsignup/linkedin/connect/
After click on Google login button below page will be open.
You can create a Google application using this link https://console.developers.google.com/project
Steps to create an Application:
1. Go to your API & Services ->Library
3. Now, click the Enable button to enable the Google+ API.
5. On clicking My Project, a pop-up will appear. Click “New Project” link.
6. Enter the name for your project so that you can identify your project. Please note that you should not include any Google word for your project name.
7. Now go to Credentials menu option and then click on Create credentials.
8 Now, click to create the OAuth client ID.
9. To configure the consent screen, click the “Configure consent screen” button.
10. Enter the product name that is to be shown to the users and then clicks the Save button.
Set the OAuth Redirect URL like this – www.example.com/socialsignup/google/connect/
12. After clicking the Create button in the above step you will get the Client Id and Client Secret.
After clicking on the Twitter login button below page will be open.
You can create a Twitter application using this link https://apps.twitter.com/
Steps to create a Twitter Application:
1. Click on “Create New App”
2. Now fill out the form to Create a New Twitter Application.
Set the Callback URL as – www.example.com/socialsignup/twitter/connect/
3. After creating an app go to the Settings and Click on Update Setting.
4. Receive your Consumer Key and Secret under Keys And Access Tokens
Twitter doesn’t send Email Id of the customer at the time of Login. It sends only Screen Name. So kindly update your Email Id and Password after sign up with Twitter.
After click on the Facebook login button below page will be open.
You can create a Facebook application using this link https://developers.facebook.com/
Facebook requires that you create an external application linking your website to their API. App Id and App Secret (also sometimes referred as Consumer Key and Secret or Client Id and Secret) are what we call an application credential. This application will link your website example.com to Facebook API and these credentials are needed in order for Facebook users to access your website.
To enable authentication with this provider and to register a new Facebook API Application, follow the steps:
First go to: https://developers.facebook.com/
Go to the Review page and choose “YES” to make the app to be public.
Go back to the “Settings” page. The created application credentials (APP ID and App Secret) will be shown like the image below.
Copy and insert “App ID” and “App Secret” in the Configuration setting of the extension in the admin backend.
Steps to create an Instagram Application-
1.) You can create an Instagram application by using this link https://instagram.com/developer/ -> Register your application.
2.) Fill the application form and Redirect URIs.
Set the Redirect URL(s) as – www.example.com/socialsignup/instagram/connect/
SOCIAL SIGN-UP for Guest Users
In the Checkout Page, the customer or a guest user can sign-up through any social media site.
In the image below, the customer has chosen to log in through facebook.com.
On clicking the facebook login button on the checkout page, a facebook log in page would open through which the guest user can easily log in.
That is all for the Magento2 Social Sign-up module. Still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at http://webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 2.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x