Do you think your data is protected and safe enough?
Protecting the data surely means protecting your business.
Data is an important asset to any organization which contains useful information about transactions and other business-related information.
Whether you have a larger or smaller size business. However, it is significant to have the backup of the orders of your business.
You are generally at the risk of losing data. Therefore, you must have a regular backup solution in your business system. Hence, we have come up with a pretty useful module named “Odoo POS Order Backup/Restore” it provides a mechanism for the POS User to Backup and Restores the unsaved POS Orders.
Odoo Company ? Read More
Moreover, a POS user can download and keep a backup of the unsaved orders locally. In case any error occurs while validating an order from the POS session or if there is a connection failure.
1. Data backup and recovery provide businesses with peace of mind.
2. The user can download the unsaved Order’s data easily from the browser’s local storage whenever an error occurs while validating an order from the POS Session or in case of a connection failure.
3. The POS user can efficiently download and keep a backup of the unsaved orders locally.
4. Moreover, the seller can restore the backup of the unsaved orders when back with the connection.
5. The seller can delete the unsaved orders in running the POS session.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo POS Order Backup/Restore module From Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- “pos_order_backup”.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search “pos_order_backup”.
7.) Now you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. First login to your Odoo database and navigate to the POS app.
2. Now start any POS session you want to use.
3. When an error occurs while validating the order, the user can save his unsaved orders by clicking on the “cloud-like” icon.
4. Moving on pop will arise with two options:
1) Delete Unsaved Orders which will delete unsaved orders.
2) Download Unsaved Orders which will download the unsaved orders in JSON format
5. By clicking on “Delete Unsaved Orders”, a pop-up will appear asking you for the confirmation for “removing the locally stored unsaved orders” this will clear the unsaved orders from the browser’s local storage.
6. Now navigate to the “Backup/restore” tab there you will have the two options “Order data” & “Import order JSON data”
7. Navigate after downloading the JSON file of Unsaved orders from POS, here clicking the “Import order JSON data” then you need to upload the JSON file of unsaved orders.
8. As you can see from this page you can create the order after importing data. Just click on “Create order”
9. Now go to the “Order” tab to view those orders
Also, Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - V15, V14, V13, V12, V11