With the PrestaShop Error Reporting module, the admin can record the error generated from the PHP and MySQL end and also send the email notification on recording the error logs automatically.
The ERROR log is used to represent error conditions in an application that prevent it from functioning as expected. It is important to use the ERROR log level when the application can no longer fulfill its business functionalities due to a problem.
Note: PrestaShop Error Reporting module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Features of PrestaShop Error Reporting
- Record the PHP and MySQL error logs.
- Enable/Disable to record the backtrace of error logs.
- Send email notifications on recording the error logs.
- Select the error category and error type to receive the email error logs.
- Select the types of errors to record logs.
- Export all the error logs in a CSV file.
- Delete all the error logs.
How to install PrestaShop Error Reporting module
- Firstly, Go to the Module Manager in the Back office and click on “upload a module”.
- After that, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Configuring the module
After successfully installing the module and clicking on the configuration button the admin will redirect to the below-mentioned page, from where he can configure the module easily.
- Error logging: Enable for recording the PHP/MySQL error logs.
- Type of errors: The admin needs to select the type of error he wants to record in the logs.
- PHP error logging: Enable recording the PHP error logs.
- PHP back trace logging: Enable to recording the backtrace of PHP logs (A backtrace log contains tracing information from a single process).
- MySQL error logging: Enable to recording the error logs of MySQL.
- MySQL back trace logging: Enable to recording the backtrace of PHP logs (A backtrace log contains tracing information from a single process).
- Send email on error: Enable to send email notification on recording the error in PHP or MySQL.
- Employee emails: Select the emails of employees on which the admin wants to send the email notification when there is any PHP or MySQL error.
- Select error category to send email: Select the error category on which the admin wants to receive the emails.
- Type of error to send mail: Select the type of error on which the admin wants to receive the emails.
Note: If the admin selects the PHP only in the error category to receive the email then the email will receive by the employee only on the selected error type of the PHP category.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
A new tab “Error Reporting” will be added under the configure tab. Under this tab, the admin can find the predefined error flags.
The admin can view all the recorded logs under the “Error reporting” section. From here the admin can export all the recorded error logs in the CSV file, delete and refresh all the error logs.
After clicking on the view button the admin can view the details of the error.
The employee will get email notifications whenever the module records any error.
Note: In case of database connection issue the module doesn’t send the error email notification in real-time.
This was all about the PrestaShop Error Reporting module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x