Time and security play a vital role in a business to grow. When it comes to Point Of Sale, it generally takes extra time of the cashier to go through all available POS sessions to enter the dedicated POS session.
It is not just time wasting but also a threat to the security as it becomes impossible for the admin to track which cashier is working on which specific shop.
So, summing it up; there should be something which can specific cashier to enter dedicated session directly after logging in. Odoo POS Portal Login has introduced a feature so that the cashiers can directly login to their POS sessions.
If the manager wants to set the default point of sale session for POS cashier then he/she can do so with the help of Odoo POS Portal Login. It can be achieved when user logins using URL, host:port-number/pos/login. For example 0.0.0.0:8069/pos/login, cashier directly enters on his default POS session.
- Admin can set default POS for the POS user
- The cashier can directly login to his POS session by using the URL host:port-number/pos/login, for example, 0.0.0.0:8069/pos/login.
- If the user already has some associated ongoing session, then he will automatically be taken to that particular session.
- The module lets the manager assign specific POS sessions to each user so that, they can only see/login their session.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul’s store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_portal_login’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo addons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_portal_login’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it
(1). Login to your Odoo Database and then navigate to the ‘Settings’
(3). On the setting page, click on ‘Users & companies’ tab and go to ‘users’ menu.
(4). From this tab, you can create a new user if you wish or you can configure out of any existing users; simply select any user.
(5). In the user’s profile, go under the POS tab tick the ‘Automatically Start Default POS Session’ checkbox as true and add a default POS session to the user and save it.
(6). Now go to that POS session you have assigned the user.
(7). On the POS cart screen from here copy the URL of the POS session and paste the URL on any other window to open the session directly.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at Support@webkul.com.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11