Selling products on multiple channels is something that’ll enhance your store’s product visibility & brand reachability.
Etsy Connector app for Shopify enables Shopify users to integrate Shopify with Etsy. Sync & map the products between the platforms and attain organized product and inventory management. You can sync products from Shopify to Etsy & vice-versa.
- Product Sync: The products can be created & synced between the platforms just in a click. It provides a smooth way to map the product attributes.
- Collection Sync: You can map the Etsy category with Shopify collections. Thus, reducing efforts & management time.
- Efficient Inventory Management: Orders get synced between the platforms & auto-updates the inventory.
- Price Rule: You can set price rules within the app. This is the percentage of the price difference between Shopify store products with respect to Etsy store products.
- Currency Conversion Rates: The app lets you add Currency Conversion Rates. You need to provide the latest currency exchange rates. This information will be used while auto-updating the prices of the products from Shopify to Etsy with different currencies.
- Weight Conversion: You can provide the product weight unit of the Shopify & Etsy store. This information will help in the product’s auto-updation without any unit hassle.
- Auto-Create: Here, you can create newly added Shopify products/orders at Etsy automatically. No worries to sync recently added products/orders manually.
- Set-up Shipping Template: Choose ShippingTemplateId to set the default shipping template within the configuration.
Briefing Etsy Marketplace
An e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and craft supplies. In other words, Etsy is an online marketplace that works as a mediator between customers and artists/crafters.
If you don’t have an Etsy store yet, create one by visiting this link. Moreover, go through these Etsy FAQs:
📝 Are there any Etsy registration charges?
You can join & start a shop on Etsy for free. You need to pay minimal listing fees, transaction fees, order processing fees, and a small commission fees.
📝 Do I need a license to sell on Etsy?
Not necessarily. Please check the Etsy rules before starting.
You will have the app in the App‘s section of the Shopify admin panel after installation. Click on the app to proceed.
Choose the one which suits your business needs:
Now, you need to Register Etsy App:
The API key & Secret Key. (Get them after creating an app on Etsy. Learn how to create an app at Etsy)
Enter the keys:
Here, you’ll have the authentication steps to connect with the Etsy account.
These are the simple authentication steps that you’ll need to follow:
🔑 Authenticate: Click on the Authenticate button given below on the page. You’ll be redirected to the Etsy Account Page.
⚙️ Configure: Log in and complete the authentication process by clicking on the Allow Access button.
🚀 Get Started: Voila, the Etsy Connector App will be successfully connected with your Etsy Store!
The first and foremost thing to do is complete the configuration:
Furthermore, let’s set up the app by completing these simple configurations:
Here you need to provide the latest currency exchange rates. This information will help auto-updating the prices of the products from Shopify to Etsy with different currencies.
- Set default currency of your Shopify store & Etsy store.
- Enter the latest currency exchange rate. This information can be verified & updated anytime if required.
- Add Price Rule. This is the percentage of the price difference between Shopify store products with respect to Etsy store products.
Example: If you set the Price Rule= 10% then a product of $100 at Etsy will be listed for $90 at Shopify. Similarly, a product of $100 at Shopify will be listed for $110 at Etsy.
Here, you need to provide the product weight unit of the Shopify & Etsy store. Further, this information will help with the product’s auto-update process.
Configure the following options as per your requirements:
- If you want to auto-create a product on Etsy
- You can also auto-create new orders on Shopify
- Auto-update the Etsy mapped product on updation of Shopify Product
- Next, auto delete the Etsy mapped product on the deletion of Shopify Product
- Auto ‘Inactive’ the Etsy mapped product when the product goes out of stock on Shopify
Below this, choose three time slots for a day when the chron will run to sync the orders at Etsy.
Here, you need to choose the default collection for Esty and Shopify store.
- Click on ‘Choose Etsy Category‘ to select a default collection for Etsy.
- Click on ‘Choose Shopify Category‘ to select a default collection for Shopify.
Select the primary language of Etsy store. Select the Etsy listing state as Active/Draft. Next, you need to set up ShippingTemplateId. Refer:
Click on ‘Choose ShippingTemplateId’ to set the default shipping template.
Remove Etsy Account: In case you want to remove the currently connected Etsy account from the app then click on this option. Remember, by removing the Etsy account, all the product, order and collection data will be removed.
Enter Business Email:
Subscribe Notification: Check the box to subscribe to email notification regarding products & orders.
Update Shopify product attributes with Etsy: Manage the product’s attribute updating from Shopify to Etsy. Check these fields if you want to manage these from Shopify. In case, you have different Title, Description or Tags on Etsy, disable this setting.
This was all about the configuration part. Let’s move on to the Products!
Coming to the Products section, here you can go forward and initiate the syncing process.
Click on ‘Sync Products‘, a pop-up will be displayed where you’ll need to select the platform from where you want to initiate the product syncing.
Further, click on Sync.
Sync from Shopify
If you are syncing from Shopify, a pop-up will be displayed where you’ll need to select the Shopify products you want to sync. Refer:
The product added from Shopify can be created on Etsy just in a click. You just need to click on the create button as shown in the image below:
Further, click on the proceed button:
Sync from Etsy
When syncing from Etsy, you will have the following pop-up:
Select the products from the list and click on Import button.
Mapping Shopify Product Variant with Etsy Product Variant
There are two options for mapping: Automatic & Manual. Further, Automatic Mapping has two matching types: SKU & Options
For Automatic Mapping, click on it and then select type:
Further, click on Proceed for mapping:
For Manual Mapping, click on the same and click on Proceed for mapping:
You will be redirected to the following page:
Select the Shopify variants that you want to map with Shopify variants and click on Map variants. Added mapping can be deleted later on:
Here, you need to choose the Shopify collection which you want to map with the Etsy store collection.
Further, click on the Choose Collection button. This action will give you the following pop-up:
Select the collection which you want to map then proceed by clicking on the Add button. Further, it will ask you to map the Etsy category with Shopify collection by selecting the categories. Refer:
Further, click on the Proceed button.
The mapped collection will be listed now with Shopify collection ID, Etsy Category ID, Collection Title & Status. Moreover, you can delete the collection anytime later, if required.
Here, you’ll have all the orders listed with Order name & ID, Customer Email, and Order Price.
Further, click on Sync Orders button to complete the syncing process:
Further, select the time period within which you want the orders to be synced.
This is how the orders will be listed. Moreover, you can delete any order you want:
Lastly, you can drop your query/suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org or create your ticket at Webkul UV Desk.