Akeneo Custom CSV Export: With this connector, you can extract your product data into a customized CSV file and use it for uploading product information to third-party platforms, suppliers, or other applications. The extension enables you to map Akeneo fields with the CSV fields (columns) for creating CSV file.
Please Note – Akeneo Custom CSV Export is compatible with Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Cloud (PaaS/Flexibility) Edition of Akeneo.
- This module works with Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x and 3.2.x. Download Akeneo from here
- Node and Yarn packages need to be installed.
- Also works with Akeneo Cloud Flexibility Mode which is a PAAS Edition of Akeneo
- Export products from Akeneo into CSV file
- Product export variations from Akeneo into CSV file
- Export multiple images of a product from Akeneo to CSV as a link
- Use a fixed value for some fields when exporting data.
- Mapping of Akeneo fields with CSV field code
- Variant product mapping is also available
- Filter data to be exported based on Category, Family, Completeness, Time conditions, Identifier (SKU), Language and Currency.
Please follow these steps for installing Akeneo Custom CSV Export module in your Akeneo PIM platform.
1 – Unzip the respective extension zip and then merge the “src” folder into Akeneo project root directory.
2 – Goto app/AppKernel.php and add the line
3 – Goto app/config/routing.yml and add these lines at top of the file
4 -You have to navigate to Akeneo Installation Directory(Ex. cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs ). Run this command after ssh to your akeneo server by the terminal.
rm -rf ./var/cache/** && php bin/console pim:install:asset --env=prod && php bin/console assets:install web --symlink && yarn run webpack && php bin/console d:s:u --force
5 – You have to restart your web server like Apache, Nginx. Run the command for Apache web server.
sudo service apache2 restart
Common Issues After Installation
It might happen that even after proper installation, upon opening your Akeneo admin dashboard, you see a loading screen. In that case, do check for the following solution:
- Webpack Installation: If you get the below error It means that web pack is not installed in your system. Run the following command
12npm install --save-prod webpacknpm install
- Module routing.yml is not configured properly. Re-check the routing.yml file as mentioned in the 3rd step of Module Installation
- Clear your browser cache.
Akeneo CSV Mapping
After installing the connector in Akeneo, You can see the Webkul CSV connector icon at the Akeneo dashboard.
You can click on Webkul CSV connector icon to setup CSV connector.
The first option, you can see here is Show Variant Mapping. If you will enable this icon then it will show another mapping column(Variant Product Mapping) in the mapping fields.
You can see the next Button Add Mapping Of Stores. In this module, we have provided this option for a sample product attribute mapping. We have created the mapping for the Shopify customer as an Example but it will be work for every eCommerce store.
For it, you have to click on the Add Mapping Of Stores. Here you will find the option Shopify store. After click on it, you can see the all attribute option mapping.
After that, you can see the other fields like Akeneo fields. With these fields, you can do the correct mapping of the product attributes for your Akeneo and eCommerce products fields.
CSV Connector Product Mapping Fields
Select Product Parent –
With this option, you can create the mapping for the parent product. Example: If you mapped Akeneo SKU with the handle field in Shopify and enabled the select parent product option then it will export a common name for the variant product.
You can see the common name for the parent product in CSV file.
Store Field Code –
In these fields, you can map the Akeneo attributes with the eCommerce store CSV attributes. First, you have to find your eCommerce stores attribute code and you have to create a new mapping with this attribute. After that, you can map the Akeneo attributes with the Store field code.
Akeneo Fields –
In Akeneo fields, you can map the Akeneo attributes fields with the eCommerce store CSV fields. You can select the attributes in the dropdown as you have created and want to map.
Default Value –
In the default value fields, you can fix the default value of the attributes. Example: If you have a product quantity attribute then you can fix the size of the quantity.
Variant Product Mapping –
In this mapping, you can export the variant product information along with the parent product information.
Example: If you have a variant product with a variant like color – Red, White. Then, you can send the product information like the price for the variant product.
Map More Fields
If you want to map the more CSV fields with the Akeneo fields then you can create a new mapping with the Map more fields option.
Here you can select the three fields:
Simple Field – Here, you can map a single attribute with CSV attribute fields.
Multiple Selection Field – With this option, you can select and map multiple product attribute.
Concatenate Filed – With this option, you can concatenate multiple products attributes in Akeneo fields.
After clicking on the Add field, you can see the attribute code in the CSV mapping.
Variant Export Mapping
In the variant export mapping fields, you can mention the attribute for the variant product name. Example: You have a variant name “color” and value “Red” then you can mention the variant code and value in Variant Export Mapping fields name.
After exporting the product in CSV, you can see the attribute code and value.
- In the Variant Header names codes, you will see option name of the variant products.
- In the Variant Header value codes, you will see the option value of the variant products.
After entering these details, you have to click on the Save Button.
Create Export Profile
For creating the product in Akeneo, you can follow our user guide. Create Product and Product Variant in Akeneo
To create a product in Akeneo, go to navigate to Products and click the Create button. Now, you need to choose product type – as Product or Product Model.
Product – Select this type for creating simple and virtual products.
Product Family – A family is a set of attributes that will be the same for all products belonging to a family. The product family represents products type, imposes product information structure and defines the list of attributes for a product that it belongs to.
Now you need to provide information about the product. First, select the Channel and Locale and then enter the price, name, and description.
After it, you have to select the Job profile. For creating an export profile, you have to click on the save button.
After clicking on the save button, you can see the export profile. Now go to the Global Settings. In the Global Settings, you will get two options With header and Export files and Images.
With Header – With this option, you can enable the header in the CSV files.
Export files and Images – With this option, you can export File and Images from Akeneo to CSV file.
Now go to the Content section and select the following options:
Channel – Each export job can only be linked to one channel, please select the relevant channel of products to export.
Locales – Select one or more Locales depending on your requirements.
Currency – You have to select here one currency.
Attributes – You can select which product attributes you want to export all or a few of them. Click the Edit button to select the attributes.
To make your own attribute selection, click on the left side to select a specific attribute group (or All groups to display all attributes). The selected attributes will be displayed as columns in your export file.
Filter The Products
Select one or more product family to export in CSV file. If you want to export products belonging to specific families, click on the drop-down list and click on the families to add in the field like clothing, shoes, t-shirts.
You can also filter on the status of your products, three options available:
- All – to export all products whatever their status is
- Enabled (default option) – to only export enabled products
- Disabled – to only export enabled products
- No condition on completeness – all products will be exported whatever their completeness is.
- Complete on at least one selected locale (default option) – products must be complete on at least one locale
- Complete on all selected locales – products must be complete on all locales (if you have selected more than one locale).
- Not complete on all selected locales – products must not be complete on all locales (if you have selected more than one locale).
You can now export your product on a specific time condition.
- No date condition (default option) – Products are not filtered using time condition.
- Updated products over the last n days (e.g. 6) – To filter the products that were updated during the last six days, enter 6 value.
- Updated products since this date – To filter the products that were updated during a specific date, select a date.
- Updated products since last export – It will export the product updated since the last export.
You can configure the categories of the channel tree you want to export. For example, you want to export the clothing products to update.
You can make a selection of identifiers to export by adding them in the SKU field. You can copy and paste a list of identifiers, separated them by using comma, space or line breaks. After that click Save button and follow the next step to execute this profile.
After creating and filtering data in the Export profile, you can see the Export Now button in Akeneo.
After clicking on the save Button, Wait for the execution process to complete and check the errors. After the completion of the export job, the products will appear in the CSV file.
Products In CSV
After the click on the Download Generated files, you can download the CSV files.
You can upload this CSV file on eCommerce channels to import the product.
Upload CSV in E-commerce
After generating the CSV files, you can upload this CSV file in eCommerce Channel. For example, you have generated the CSV file for Shopify store. Now, you have to log in to your Shopify store admin panel. After it, you have to navigate the Products -> All Products. After it, you have to click on the Import.
After the successful import, you can see the products in the Shopify product list.
For any issues related to this module, please create a support ticket at- https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket Also, for any pre-sales queries or customization discussion, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 1.0.1
Supported Framework Version - Akeneo 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x and 3.2.x