Prestashop Google Pay Payment gateway provides customers to pay via Google Pay for their orders. Google Pay is a digital wallet platform and online payment system developed by Google. The payment method has simplified the checkout process in apps and across various platforms. People use Google Pay around the world on a day to day basis. Due to its simplified and easy interface, Google Pay has seen a heavy surge in its users since the launch of the app.
Note: To test the demo of Google pay module, you must have Google pay merchant ID.
Features of Google Pay Module
- Adds a new payment method to the store.
- Safe and secure payment gateway powered by google.
- Quick and fast authentication.
- Supports various card types for payment.
How to install the module
- Go to Back office>Module Manager>Upload a Module
- Now, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module is successfully installed.
Configure Prestashop Google Pay Module
In the event of successful installation of the module, Admin can configure the module.
There are two types of card authentication viz. PAN Only & 3D Secure.
- PAN Only -: This authentication method is associated with payment cards stored on file with the user’s Google Account. Returned payment data includes personal account number (PAN) with the expiration month and the expiration year.
- 3D Secure -: This authentication method is associated with cards stored as Android device tokens. Returned payment data includes a 3-D Secure (3DS) cryptogram generated on the device.
To acquire Google Pay merchant ID;
Request for production access here: Google Pay Merchant Key
Make sure to select the following options while filling the API access form.
Now, customers can pay by Google Pay for their orders.
To proceed with the payment, Customer needs to login into his Google account.
After logging into the account, Customer can see all the cards saved in google account. And, customer can pay through any of their saved cards.
That was all about the Prestashop Google Pay Payment Gateway and process to add the Payment method to the store.
To know more about other payment modules developed by webkul, check the list at https://store.webkul.com/PrestaShop-Extensions/Payment.html
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/ and for any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x