Pimcore Point of Sale: POS refers to a system where the merchant can create the order from his physical store using the POS software then the order will be generated in the Pimcore.
The basic feature of the Point of Sale system for Pimcore is to create the order in front of the customer so that customer can purchase the goods from his/her physical store as well as from his/her online eCommerce store.
With the help of this module, merchants can manage their inventory as well as customers. The most important thing is that they can easily manage their day-to-day transactions without any hassle. This module is a powerful tool to manage sales and revenue. Admin can also set up the physical store along with the online Pimcore store.
Please Note – Pimcore Point of Sale (POS) System module will only work for Pimcore eCommerce.
- Pimcore >= 5.0
- Pimcore eCommerce Framework
- Doctrine ORM
- Pimcore Customer Management Framework
What is Pimcore?
Pimcore is an award-winning open-source software for customer experience management, product information management (PIM/MDM), digital asset management (DAM) and eCommerce. With Magento 2 Pimcore integration, all the digital media assets, product information, and catalog data can be easily managed from one instance.
According to the survey, Pimcore is used by more than 80,000 companies in 56 countries. Pimcore provides features like Data Modeling, Data Management, Data Integration & Delivery, and Data Quality & Semantics.
Pimcore provides the self API-Driven service based Architecture for connecting to the third party software such as ERP, CRM, and eCommerce Channels(Magento, Shopify).
Point of Sale(POS) Features
- Create multiple agents for the POS outlets
- Manage multiple POS physical outlets
- Complete orders, customers, inventory synchronization between Pimcore and POS
- Apply the discount code on POS system checkout
- Guest customer checkout is possible on POS
- Manage return orders from POS system
- Print the sales receipt with detailed information
- Tax calculation is available
- Add a note for the POS order
Please follow these steps for installing the Pimcore Point of Sale module in Pimcore:
1 – Download the zip file of our Pimcore Point of Sale module then upload the src file in the Pimcore project root directory.
2 – Enable doctrine automapping in the main config file(config.yml) as below if not enabled already –
Now, you have to go to your Pimcore instance admin panel.
After uploading Pimcore Point of Sale to Pimcore, you have to go to your Pimcore dashboard. At Pimcore dashboard, click on the Tools – Extension. Here you will get all the installed extension list.
You can click on the“+” icon to install the Pimcore POS in your Pimcore extension. After installing the connector, you can see the Pimcore Point of Sale icon on the left side of the screen menus.
After clicking on the POS icon, you will get the option like Products, Orders, Returns, and Users. Here you can manage the products, orders, returns, and users in the backend.
You can see all the products assigned to POS. For it, you have click on the POS icon here you will get the products option. After clicking on the products icon, a product folder will be open where you can see the products grid with the details like image, name, price, total quantity, POS quantity, and status.
After clicking on the POS icon, you will get the option orders after clicking on this you will get all the orders list generated by the customers.
Here you will get the POS orders folder then all the order list will be visible. You can also filter the Orders with the Order id, Order Number, POS agent, and customer name.
The admin can also see the details of the order id after clicking on the View icon of the order id.
Here you will get all the order related details. The admin can see furthermore details:
- Order Created Time – Here the admin can see the order created date and time.
- Order ID – The admin can see here the order id of the order created by the customer.
- Products – Here the admin can see the products in the order id.
- Unit Price – Here the admin can see the price of the products per unit.
- Quantity – The admin can see here the quantity of the products.
- Total price – The admin can see her the total price of the products.
- Taxes – All the taxes will be visible here.
- Delivery Address – The admin can check here the delivery addresses.
The admin can see all the returns products here. For it, the admin can click on the Point of Sale icon and then Returns. The return products will be visible in the return grid.
The admin can filter the return orders in the grid. The order can be filtered with the Return id, Order id, and Customer Name.
The admin can see the Return order details like Return Id, Order id, Customer Name, Date created, and Action.
The admin can click the view icon to see the Return details then return details will be like:
Order Information – The admin can see the Order information like Order id, Status, Placed on, and Order Total.
Return Information – The admin can see here the details like Return id, Created On, and Status.
Product Information – Here the details like Name, Ordered Price, and Quantity will be shown.
The admin can manage here the Pimcore Point of Sale agent and POS Outlets. The admin has to click on the POS icon and here he will get the option “Users“.
Here the admin can add Pimcore Point of Sale (POS) agent. The admin can click on the “POS Agents” after that a new page will be open where admin can add a New POS agent, see the agent details, and filter the agent.
The admin can filter the agent with furthermore details:
- User Name – The admin can enter the User Name.
- Agent Name – The admin can enter the Agent Name.
- Email – Enter the Agent email address.
- Status – The admin can filter with Agent status like Enable/Disable.
Create a new POS Agent
With this module, you can create multiple POS agents. For creating a new POS agent, you have to click on the POS -> POS Agents -> Add New. Here you will get the option to create a new POS agent.
After clicking on the Add New button, a new page will be open where you can enter the details of the POS agents.
Here the admin can add the details like User Name, Outlets, First Name, Second Name, and other details. The admin will get two buttons Refresh and Return to List in the grid.
Refresh – For this option, if you have already entered the data in the Grid and you want to set all the data again then you can just click on the Refresh button to reset all the data.
Return to List – You can click here to check the POS agents list.
The admin has to enter furthermore details related to the POS agents.
- User Name – The admin can add a specific user name for the agent to login into POS.
- Outlets – Here the admin can assign an outlet to that POS agent.
- First Name – The admin can add the First Name for the agent.
- Last Name – Here the admin can add a last name for the agent.
- Email – The admin can add an email address for the agent.
- Passwords – The admin can set the password for the agent.
- Status – Here the admin can set the status enable/disable for a POS agent.
After that, the admin can click on the save button to save the Agent data.
Here the admin will get two options Edit and Delete.
- Edit – The admin can change any information about the Agent with this option.
- Delete – The admin can delete any agent with this option.
Pimcore Point of Sale Outlets
With this option, the admin can add unlimited Outlets in Pimcore. The admin can navigate to POS outlets by clicking on POS -> Users -> POS Outlets.
On the Pimcore POS Outlet, the admin will get the option to Add New Outlet, Apply Filter, Edit, Delete, and Manage the products in the Outlets.
The admin can filter the Outlets with furthermore options –
Just enter your email below to subscribe and receive weekly updates about the most interesting similar articles.
Share article viaSignUp Again
- Name – Here the admin can filter the Outlets with the outlet name.
- Address – Here the admin can filter the Outlets with the address.
- Country –The admin can filter the outlet with the country name.
- Status – Here the admin can filter the Outlets with status like enable/disable.
For creating a new Outlet, you have to click on the Add New button. Here you will get all the option to create a new Outlet.
After clicking on the Add New button, a new page open will open. Here the admin has to enter furthermore details.
- Name – Here the admin can enter the name of the Outlet.
- Address – Here the admin can enter the address of the Outlet.
- Country – The admin can select the Country for the Outlet.
- Zip Code – Here the admin can enter the zip code of the Outlet.
- Status – Here the admin can select the status of the Outlet.
After entering the Outlet details, the admin can click on the save button to save the Outlet. The created Outlet will be visible in the Outlet grid.
Pimcore Point of Sale Manage Outlet Products
The admin can manage the products in the Outlets after creating Outlet. The admin has to click on the Manage products.
After clicking on the manage products, a product’s grid will be open where the admin can manage the visibility and quantity of the products.
Here the admin can see furthermore details in the products grid:
- Image – Here you can see the product images.
- Name – Here you can see the product name.
- Price – You can see the products price per quantity.
- POS status – Here you can set the status of the products in POS like Enable/Disable.
- POS quantity – Here you can set the quantity of the product for the POS.
As the products and quantity assigned to the outlet, it will show on the front-end of the POS.
Front-End of the Pimcore POS Panel
For the front-end of the Pimcore POS panel, the user can visit with this example URL. Like if the Pimcore POS admin URL will be this – “http://pimcore-demo.webkul.com/admin/” then the front-end URL will be “http://pimcore-demo.webkul.com/en/pos/” like this.
After that, the user can easily log in to POS with user name and passwords.
After the login, the POS front-end will be open where the user can see the products, categories, and many other settings.
Here the user can see the furthermore options for the POS:
- Checkout – With this option, you can check the checkout page then pay for the products.
- Orders – Here the user can check the Orders.
- Returns – Here the user can check all the return orders.
- Setting – The user can reset his information.
- Category – Here the user can see the products with the categories.
- Search – Here the user can search the products.
- Cart – The user can check the products in the cart.
- Select Customer – Here the user can select the customer for the checkout.
- Coupons – Here the user can apply the coupons.
Add Products to Cart
The POS agents can add the products in the cart by clicking on the products. The number of click on the product is the number of unit of the products added to the cart.
Here the POS agents can see these options:
- Manage the quantity of the products
- Delete the products from the Cart
- Delete the Order
- Check the Products in the Cart
Select the Customer
After adding the product in the cart, the POS agent can add the customers to the orders. For it, he has to click on the customer then a pop -up window will be open where he can select the customer.
After selecting the customer, the POS can see the customer added to that order.
After adding the products in the cart then assigning customer, the POS agent can apply the coupons with the order. After assigning customer, he can click on the coupons.
First, you have to apply the coupon then you can see the discount.
After applying the coupons, the POS agent can go for the next step checkout page. Afterward, the POS agent can proceed with the payment.
Later clicking on the checkout, a menu will be open on the left panel of the dashboard, where the user can select the payment methods. After clicking on the payment method (Cash Payment) a new page will be open for completing the process.
Here the POS agent can enter these details:
- Balance Due – The POS agent can check the balance due.
- Amount Tendered – Here the POS agent can enter the final amount that to be pay.
- Changes – Changes in the price will be shown here.
- Add Order Note – Here the POS agent can add an order note.
- Accept Payment – For the payment confirmation, the POS agent can click on the accept payment button.
After completing the payment process, the Point of Sale user can check the orders for the customers. The POS agent can click on the left side of the screen menus “Orders” and also he can check all the orders created for the customers.
Afterward clicking on the orders, you can get another detail of a particular order.
Here POS user can check these details:
- Order id – User can check the order id here.
- Order id created time – User can check the order id created time.
- Mode of Payment – Here the mode of payment can be checked.
- Print the receipt – User can print the receipt of the orders.
A POS user can also return the orders. For it, the user can click on the Return Order.
After clicking on the Return Order then enter the order id, furthermore, details will be visible.
- Order ID
- Total Amount
- Payment Mode
The user can click on the order id and then check the more order details.
After clicking on the return, you can check the return products order id in the Return menu.
On the left menu of the POS front-end, the POS user will get the option “Setting” afterward the user can reset the details of the POS users.
Here the POS user can reset furthermore details –
- First Name
- Last Name
- User Name
- Old Password
- New Password
- Confirm New Password
After the saving details, the changes will be reflected at the back-end of the POS where the admin can see the changes.
For any issues related to this module, please create a support ticket at- https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket. You can also check other Pimcore modules. Also, for any pre-sales queries or customization discussion, please drop an email to email@example.com
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Pimcore >=5.0