Pre Order:- This spectacular add-on benefits the store customers to place an order in advance for products which are yet to be released or have low inventory i.e. zero. This extension will help users to publish products in their store before they become available to customers and also give the idea about the inventory of people interested in buying the products.
Features (Version 1.0)
- Well integrated with CS-Cart.
- *Admin can view the list of Preorders of the store in 3 categories i.e. display of all Pre-orders, Open Preorders, Closed(complete) Preorders.
- The option to view the preorder customers list at backend has been provided.
- Allows customers to order the products which are yet to be released or currently out of stock only when the product is converted to preorder.
- * Compatible with Simple, Downloadable and Configurable products.
- Admin can set preorder status and availability date.
- * Admin can set the preorder price of products in percentage or absolute value.
- Single checkout option has been provided at the backend.
- Admin can send own customized mail to the buyer by using the user guide provided at configuration tab.
- Admin can set single checkout option for any preorder product.
- The customer can view the order status of all preordered product through “preorder status”.
- Easy to use and configure at admin end.
Updated Features (version 3.0)
- Automatic conversion of out of stock products to preorder (which is possible when the stock of the products are zero and inventory is not set to “do not track”).
- Well supported CS-Cart Multivendor.
- Option to convert existing out of stock products into preorder is provided at configuration page.
- Option to set more than a single preorder quantity of a specific product for the single user is provided based on admin’s configuration at the backend.
- *Preorder products will always have zero shipping charges at the time of checkout.
- *Functionality to display the pre-order delivery date or custom text is available for admin.
Updated Feature (version 3.2)
- Well supported with multi storefronts.
Updated Feature (version 4.0)
- Option to restrict the payment method for pre-order.
- Functionality to set the duration(start & end date) for pre-order.
- Admin can set maximum preorder quantity of any product available for pre-ordering.
- Functionality at admin end to set the type of preorder on the basis of the preorder amount to be collected from the customer. There are three type of preorder (zero, partial, full)
- Functionality to keep & display the 2 payment methods at backend while partial payment of pre-order.
- Admin can check pre-orders for a particular customer.
*Please note that the highlighted features of older versions have been discontinued in version 4.0.
* Pre-order Product purchase will be done in a separate order.
How To Upload And Install The Add-on
Go to Manage Add-ons, click on “+” as shown below in the snapshot.
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
This is how you can install the add-on!
In General tab, there are various settings fields which includes:
- Pre-order Type- Set the pre-order type here on the basis of the pre-order amount (Full/Partial/zero) to be collected while placing an order.
- ‘zero price’ preorder type will allow paying when the product will be in stock.
- ‘Partial Price’ will allow paying the partial price when the product is out-of-stock and remaining price when the product will be in-stock.
- ‘Full Price’ preorder type will allow paying while placing pre-order.
- Set the maximum quantity of preorder per product for the single user.
- Set the total number of preorder allowed for a particular product.
- Select days when preorder will start after product will be out-of-stock. Keep 0 to start preorders immediately
- Select total days for the product to be in a preorder state. This option will allow the customer to preorder any product within allowed days only. Keep “0” to always allow a customer to preorder selected product
- Enter the percentage of product price to be paid at the time of preorder (in case of partial payment)
- Select “Yes” to automatically convert a product into the preorder product if it goes out-of-stock.
- Set order status for the preorder product.
- Set the product shipping to be deducted before/after the product is in stock.
- Click to convert Out-of-Stock products to the Pre-Order
In the Payment Restriction tab, you can allow only the desired payment methods for placing pre-orders.
- Select the payment methods which you want to restrict for Pre-Orders.
Click on Save button to save the changes.
Back End View
Go to the product to view or edit the pre-order option.
Click on the desired product to make changes in the pre-order settings as shown below in snapshot. There is an option to filter only the pre-order products.
Click to “Add-ons” to view the pre-order tab. As shown below in snapshot set the parameters accordingly which includes
- An option to enable preorder.
- Option to set the pre-order type & accordingly set the preorder product price in case of partial payment.
- Set the time frame for pre-order.
- Enter the maximum number of preorder allowed for a particular product.
- Enter Max Quantity of the preorder product allowed for the single user.
Go to “Orders” and click on “Preorders” to view the list of preorders as shown below in snapshot
All the preorders will be listed here. You can View/Edit/Delete all the pre-orders and view all pending pre-order products as well by clicking on the option provided as shown below.
This is how the list of pending products will be visible. Here you can view all the customers & orders per product which are pending. There is also an option to send the reminder mail to the customers.
To set the email template of the mail, go to Design-> Email Templates
There are separate reminder email templates for admin and customers as shown below.
Click on “preorder” to book the product as shown below in snapshot & proceed to checkout.
The preorder product will always have shipping charges applicable as per the add-on settings. If you have set the shipping cost applicable after the product is back in stock then it will display a message along with the shipping charges as shown below.
If you have set the shipping cost applicable initially at the time of preorder ie; before the product is in stock then it will include the shipping charges as shown below.
“Continue” for the further checkout process. Click on “Submit My Order” to generate the order & view the order details.
Order detail page displays that the product is a pre-order product. The remaining amount and the paid amount with the shipping & payment information as per the add-on configuration.
If shipping charges are not paid at the time of pre-order then it will be listed as the remaining product price as shown below.
View When Product Is Back In Stock
When the product is back in stock, the customer will get notified via email as per the template set at admin end & will be able to pay the remaining amount from the order details page itself as shown below.
View of order details page at frontend:
As in case of partial payment, the customer has to pay twice. Admin can view both the payment methods used by the customer separately at the backend.
Current Product Version - 4.0
Supported Framework Version - CS-Cart and CS-Cart MultiVendor 4.7.x, 4.8.x, 4.9.x