Excel data management with Odoo Excel Connector!
Microsoft Excel is the most trusted and used analysis tool globally. MS Excel permits users to quickly manage, filter, and sort data conveniently.
Odoo Excel Connector links your Odoo to MS Excel or LibreOffice Calc. It allows syncing (export) data from Odoo to Excel or LibreOffice Calc.
It permits template creation for data export. You can also check the export frequency from the template.
Moreover, you can build reports and manage data of any Odoo module in MS Excel or LibreOffice Calc.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
Further, you can ensure security by refreshing the access token which refreshes the URL to remove all connected Excel spreadsheets or LibreOffice Calc sheets.
- It allows you to export data to MS Excel or LibreOffice Calc without any API.
- The Odoo app permits creating a form to export data from Odoo to LibreOffice or Excel.
- Filter data that you need to export from Odoo.
- Generate access token and URL which automatically updates in ODC file.
- It permits checking the access history, frequency (update), and IPs.
- Export data from Odoo using URL or ODC file.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘wk_excel_connector.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘wk_excel_connector.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Let’s check out how to configure the Odoo Excel Connector.
CONFIGURATION AT ODOO END
1. Go to Excel Connector>Excel Template and click the ‘Create’ button.
2. In the Excel Export form enter the template name, model, Responsible, Language, and company. Further, add the field of the added module whose data you want to export in the ‘Fields’ tab.
3. Move to the ‘Domain’ tab and add the various filters based on your requirements.
4. Once done, save the export template to generate the URL and Access token. Using the access token or URL a user can export data from Odoo.
In the ‘Access History’ tab, you can see a list of all connected Excel or LibreOffice Calc that includes the IP addresses, created date, last used date, frequency (in sec), and No. of Times Used.
You can delete all records with the ‘Flush History’ button. The ‘Generate New Token’ will generate a new token and URL and will disconnect all connected spreadsheets.
5. You can manage the export template status from the options available on the top right. Additionally, you can connect Excel by downloading an ODC file through the ‘Download ODC File.’
IMPORTING DATA TO LibreOffice CALC
6. In LibreOffice calc, go to ‘Sheet> Link to External Data’ and tick the box ‘Update Every’ and set the time (in minutes) to auto-import data. Once done, hit the ‘Ok’ button.
7. After hitting the OK button it will fetch the data from Odoo of the selected module.
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the same, please raise a ticket at the UV Desk.
For any doubt, contact us at our support mail.
Thanks for paying attention!!