To run Ads using the Facebook campaign you need to first bring your product data to Facebook Catalog Manager. Facebook Catalog manager stores all the information about your product such as price, brand, type, category, description, etc. And Odoo Facebook Catalog Integration module allows you to upload Odoo product data to Facebook Catalog.
With the Odoo Facebook Catalog Integration module, you can upload the product data using product feeds. The module automatically creates XML feed depending upon the conditions you set. This feed can then be uploaded directly to the Facebook Catalog.
Import product multi-image and variants to Facebook catalog. Create Multiple configurations for each of your Facebook Shop. With feed security control you can set the feed upload to manual and automatic.
The module helps you to take the step in creating the facebook ads campaign.
Below is the brief list of Features of the Odoo Facebook Catalog Integration module. To know features in detail please visit the store page.
Odoo Company ? Read More
- Store and sync the product data from Odoo To Fb Catalog Manager.
- Enables Odoo & Facebook Catalog Manager Integration
- Use the auto-created XML feeds to upload the product to your FB shop Catalog.
- Update the FB Shop catalog manually or set for automatically
- You can create different product feeds for your multiple FB Shop Catalogs.
- Each configuration is independent of each other.
- You can choose which product to include in the Product Feed of a configuration.
- Select the product via domain, product categories, or select them manually in Odoo.
- We provide a default saved configuration of field mappings with the module.
- You can create additional field mapping configurations in Odoo.
- Assign google categories to Odoo products to categorize the product on Facebook.
- You can now add the Facebook product attributes directly in the product form.
- add Google categories, Brand, MPN No., and GTIN to the products.
- You can select a warehouse for each Product Catalog configuration in Odoo.
- The product stock will be sent from this warehouse to the Facebook Catalog manager.
- The module supports multiple websites. Create different Feed Configuration for each of your Odoo Websites.
- Choose a language in which to sync the products feed to the FB catalog from Odoo. This is the language in which they will be displayed on FB to customers.
- You can now choose to sync multiple images of a product to the FB Shop Catalog.
- Now, sync Odoo product variants to the FB catalog Manager.
You would need the following to use the module:
- Facebook Account
- Create a Facebook Page in the FB account
- Create a Shop in the Facebook Page
- Facebook catalog Manager Account – to manage the product catalogs for various Facebook shops
- Facebook Ads Manager Account – to design a campaign after you have uploaded the product data to the Facebook Catalog Manager.
1.) Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘facebook_ads_feeds’.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘facebook_ads_feeds‘.
7.) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Importing Google Categories To Odoo
1.) Google categories are used are supported by Facebook. They are used to categorize your product on Facebook Catalog. We provide a complimentary list with the module.
2.) Once you have installed the module, go the module zip. Open the static folder. Here you will find the file containing a list of Google categories.
3.) Go to Facebook Catalog >> Google Categories >> Click on Import.
4.) Import the file and google categories will be added to Odoo.
Manage Odoo and Facebook Product Fields Mappings
5.) The next step is to map the Facebook and Odoo product fields.
(Facebook may not recognize the Odoo product Fields. Therefore, you need to map both so correct product data is sent to the Facebook Catalog Manager from Odoo.)
6.) Go to Settings >> Facebook Catalog fields. Here you can see the list of Facebook recognized fields. You can also add new as per the needs.
7.) Now, Go to mapping >> Field Mapping. We provide a configuration of field mappings in the module for a quick setup. You can also create new ones as per your needs.
8.) Click on create. Add the Facebook Field. Then add model field which is Odoo product field.
9.) Now, under default, you can enter a value that will be picked by Facebook if the corresponding Odoo field is found empty for any product.
10.) The fixed column is used to provide a fixed value to a field. Click on the checkbox to enable it. Then enter the value under the text column.
11.) If enabled, Facebook will pick the value under the text column irrespective of the value given in the product for that field.
Adding fields to product directly
12.) Some of the important Facebook fields can be added directly from the product form.
13.) Go to products >> under Facebook Attributes, you can add GTIN, mpn no., Google Categories, and Brand.
Creating Product Feeds Configuration
14.) Next, to facilitate Odoo & Facebook Catalog Manager Integration, you need to create a product feed before uploading it to the Facebook Catalog Manager.
15.) Go to Facebook Catalog >> Catalogs >> Click Create.
(You can create different product feeds as per your needs or the number of Shops you manage on Facebook.)
16.) Enter the name of the Feed. Choose the Odoo website and Product Pricelist.
17.) Next, choose the content language. This is the language in which the product is uploaded to the Facebook Catalog manager.
18.) Shop Url is the url of your website.
19.) Choose the appropriate field mapping configuration.
20.) Next select the Odoo warehouse. This is used to manage the product stock for the feed. The stock of the uploaded product will be managed from the chosen warehouse.
21.) Then, you can also choose to upload product multi-images and product variants to the Facebook Catalog.
22.) Feed security is used to give you control of product data upload to Facebook Catalog:
23.) Automatic – If set to automatic, Facebook will automatically fetch the data from Odoo Product feed automatically after regular intervals. The Feed URL will be accessible publicly under this setting.
24.) Manually – If set to manual, you need to upload the product feed manually every time using file upload settings in the Facebook catalog. The Feed URL will not be accessible publicly under this setting.
Selecting Products to upload to Facebook Catalog From Odoo
25.) You choose the product via three options:
- Domain – you can use the domain filter so Odoo will automatically choose the product as per the domain added. The limit field controls the number of products to be added from a domain.
- Manual – use this to add the products to the list manually.
- Category – use this, to add preferred categories. The products under the selected categories will be used to create the product feed.
26.) Once all the settings are done. Click save.
27.) A URL will be created under Feed URL field. This is the product feed in XML format.
Uploading the Odoo Products to Facebook Catalog Manager
Setting up shop on Facebook
28.) Each Facebook Shop is associated with a product catalog that is saved in the Facebook Catalog manager.
29.) You need to upload the product feed to this product catalog in order to save the products on Facebook and use them in ad campaigns.
30.) Make sure that your page has a shopping template set in templates and sets in settings to enable shop.
(Read more: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/912190892201033 )
31.) Then, go to your page >> shop and agree to merchant terms to complete setting up the shop.
Uploading Odoo products to Facebook Shop Catalog
32.) Once you have set up a shop on the Facebook website, a product catalog is automatically created in the catalog manager for that shop.
33.) Go to Facebook Product Catalog. https://www.facebook.com/products
34.) Go to Facebook Catalog manager and click on the product catalog to which you wish to add the products.
(You can also create a catalog directly from the catalog manager but each shop can have only one product catalog.)
35.) Click on products >> add products.
36.) Then click on bulk upload.
37.) You can choose from the two options
- file upload – to manually upload a product feed to the catalog.
- Scheduled feed – in this Facebook will fetch the data from Odoo automatically at regular intervals. For this you need to set the feed security to automatic in corresponding product catalog configuration
38.) Copy and open the data feed from Feed URL on your browser and save it with .XML extension.
39.) On Facebook catalog manager, click on file upload.
40.) Then add the saved file >> follow the steps to upload the file to the prodcut catalog.
41.) Click on scheduled feed. Click on next.
42.) Here paste the feed url. Click on next.
43.) Select the update schedule as hourly, daily or weekly.
44.) Check the data source and click on upload.
45.) When the file is upload you will see the successful upload and warnings for unsuccessful upload.
Viewing Uploaded Products on Facebook Shop
46.) Go to the Facebook Shop and click on the product.
47.) You can see the product variants and product multi-images (if upload) on the product form.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11