This application gives a function which builds a link between Admin and the Delivery boy. Through this application, the admin can assign a delivery boy to order and track them.
This helps in rendering a better service of shipping as everything is monitored by the admin with the help of an application which works on your phone.
This application is an add-on to Mobikul Mobile App, you must have https://store.webkul.com/Magento2-Mobikul.html
To know about How Delivery Boy App Work With Magento 2 Mobile App Builder?– Refer here.
Magento2 Delivery Boy Admin Configuration –
The backend of Magento 2 will allow the store owner to configure the Magento 2 Mobikul- Delivery Boy App.
Note- To have the access for the admin panel, please check here- https://mobikul.webkul.com/mobikulm2/index.php/admin
The Admin can navigate- Delivery Boy> Delivery Boy Configuration, wherein the admin will specify the details as required by the admin to view in the app.
So, the configuration comprises of-
- Warehouse Address- The admins address detail will be fixed from where the delivery boy picks up the order.
- Latitude and Longitude- The admin can enter the geographical dimension of the address from where a pickup can be done.
- Delivery Range in kms- The possible delivery range for the shipping method.
- Admin Email Address- In this, the mail id of the customer is defined who will be the admin of delivery boy App.
- Allowed Shipping Method- The shipping method which will be applicable in the delivery boy.
Configuration Of Express Shipping Method-
Now, the admin can then define exclusively the configuration of the shipping method when the delivery boy method is used.
Thus, the admin here define-
- Enables – The admin can set this field as Yes for making the delivery method visible.
- Title- The admin can specify the name of the delivery method.
- Method Name- The admin can define the method of shipping.
- Type- The admin will select the type on which the shipping will be charged that is Pre Order or Pre Item.
- Price- The amount chargeable on the selection of the shipping method.
- Calculate Handling Fee- The nature of Handling fee is mentioned in this section.
- Handling Fee- Thus here, the fee for handling the shipment is chargeable is mention in this section.
- Display Error Message- When the admin will mention here the error message if the shipping method is not applicable in a region.
- Ship To Applicable Countries- Here the admin will select if the Shipping method is Applicable on a particular country or on all countries.
- Ship to Specific Countries- The admin will specify the name of the countries in which shipping method will apply.
- Show Method if Not Applicable-The admin will mention if the shipping method is visible if not applicable.
- Sort Order- The sequence order at which the shipping method will be visible.
Manage Magento 2 Delivery Boy-
However, the admin will manage the delivery boy from the admin backend. So here, the admin will Add or edit the details of a delivery boy.
Hence, here the admin will be able to Edit the detail of the Pre-Registred delivery boy or add new delivery to the system.
Add New Delivery Boy-
The admin will add the delivery boy details to register them to the application.
Thus, the required details are-
- Avatar- This will contain the image or display image of the delivery boy.
- Name- The name of a delivery boy for recognition.
- Email- The mailing details of the delivery boy which delivery boy can use for login.
- Mobile Number- The contact number of the delivery boy.
- Vehicle Type and number- The admin will enter the vehicle type and registration number with which the delivery boy will deliver the order.
- Password- The encrypted code for the login purpose with which the delivery boy will be able to use the application.
- Full Address- The residential address detail of delivery boy.
- Delivery Boy Status- The admin will make the delivery boy enable for assignment of delivery.
- The admin and delivery boy both can receive notifications with regard to Order.
- Admin can add a delivery boy to the application.
- The admin can see the list of the delivery boys.
- Admin can track the status of delivery boy and assign them an order.
- The admin can chat with the delivery boy to ask them questions and answer their queries.
- If a delivery boy is unable to deliver a product then the delivery boy can type the reason why the order was accepted but not delivered.
- Delivery boy and the admin can see the comment history of a specific order.
- Delivery boy can make set their status as Online/Offline through the application. This will make their presence or absence.
- Delivery boy can either confirm or decline the new order assigned to him.
- OTP must be entered by the delivery boy to verify that the delivery is conducted by him to the right customer.
- Delivery boy can choose the order and notify the customer that they are currently on their way to deliver the order.
- The customer can even track the delivery boy activities.
The application provides an admin panel which facilitates to manage orders and delivery boy. The admin can view the orders and assign the new orders to a delivery boy.
The admin can even receive notifications in the application.
The admin can easily login to the application by adding the login credentials-
- Email ID- The admin can easily login to the application by entering the registered email id.
- Password- The admin can enter the Password for the application here to login to the application.
Once the admin has login the application, the admin can lead to the Dashboard page which has the detail of Sales and Order.
Here the admin can see various information related to the orders-
- Pending Order- The order which is yet to be delivered are shown here as pending orders.
- Process Order- Those orders which are currently in process of being delivered is shown here in processing order.
- Completed Order- Those orders which happen to be completed that is they are delivered are shown here.
Apart from orders, the admin can view the location of the delivery boys. Those delivery boys who are free are demarcated in Red Sign and those delivery boys who are busy are demarcated with Green Sign.
The admin can receive notifications as Alerts and Message, which can be viewed by admin by pressing the Bell Icon on top of the Dashboard Page.
The alter section shows the Orders along with the latest status. From here the admin keeps notified about all the orders and act accordingly.
The application has a navigation drawer on the left side, this facilitates the admin with various functionalities-
- Delivery Boy
The admin can click on Delivery Boy, to view the list for the names of the delivery boy along with the assigned Orders.
The Admin can even add new Delivery Boy to the application and Search the existing Delivery Boy. A new delivery boy can be added by the admin.
The admin can enter following details here which is related to the Delivery Boy-
- Delivery Boy Name- The name of the delivery boy can be added here.
- Email Id- The e-mailing address of delivery boy.
- Mobile Number- The phone number for the delivery boy.
- Vehicle Type- The vehicle which delivery boy is using for delivery like- a bicycle or bike
- Vehicle number- The register number of the vehicle which delivery boy is using for delivery.
The admin can even view the registered Delivery Boy details.
Here admin can see the details entered on the registration form, apart from that admin can see the ‘Status’ of the delivery boy which gives the idea that he is in the Active/inactive state, that is if he is Present or Absent.
After this, the admin can even view the orders assigned to the delivery boy. In this section, admin can view-
- All- List of all the orders assigned to the delivery boy.
- Delivered- All the orders which have been delivered by the delivery boy.
- Undelivered- List of all the orders which are yet to be delivered by the delivery boy.
Chat with Delivery Boy-
A chat with delivery boy keeps Admin updated on the current status of the order and tracking of the delivery boy can be conducted in a better way.
Delivery Boy Wise Order List
The admin can also see the list of the orders assigned to the delivery boy. From the navigation panel, the admin can navigate to the Delivery Boy.
Here, the admin will see the list of all the sellers and by clicking on the name of the seller, the admin can also see the list of the assigned orders to the delivery boy.
The admin can view order by clicking on the Orders tab in the navigation drawer. The list of orders will be displayed here.
Order related components can be seen here are-
- Order Id- The unique identification number of the order.
- Status of the Order- The admin can view here the status of the order as- Pending, Processing or Complete.
- Order amount- The total amount which is charged towards the order of the customer.
The admin can change of arrangement of order list by applying a particular sort.
The sorting can be done in following ways-
- Date- The orders in the order list can be sorted on the basis of the date as newer to older or older to newer.
- Price- The orders in the order list can be sorted on the basis of the price charged in each order as higher to lower or lower to higher.
Filter- Order List
The admin can apply a filter on order list in order to select out specific orders. This will help in fetching out particular orders from the list.
The filter can be applied to the Order list on the basis of the following points-
- Order Id- The filter can be applied on the basis of order-id.
- Between Date- The next filter is for the date which specifies all the orders between a mentioned start and end date.
- Order Status- The filter can be applied on the basis of order-Pending, Processing- Started or Picked or Delivery In, and Completed.
Admin and delivery boy can see the comment history of a specific order.
Assignment Of Pending Orders-
The admin can click on the Pending order to view details of the orders-
- Amount- The price charged to the customer for the order.
- Delivery Boy- Option to choose a delivery Boy.
- Item list- The list of product which the customer has ordered, in which we could find the item name, the quantity of the item which needs to be picked, the amount charged for the item and if the order is picked by the delivery boy or not.
- Customer Details- Customer name, address, contact number, e-mail of the customer whose order is being viewed.
- Order Details- The billing details along with the tax and shipping are mentioned at the end.
- Order Comments- The admin can see the comments by the previous delivery boy.
- Submit Comment- The admin can submit the comment for the delivery boy.
The admin can even assign the unassigned orders to a delivery boy, by clicking on ‘Choose Delivery Boy‘, in accordance with his availability and Status (If the delivery boy is available or not).
The admin can assign the order to delivery by –
- Click on the Order.
- A list of the delivery boy will appear along with their status an number of orders assigned to them.
- Now the admin can pick a delivery boy from the list to assign him the order to be delivered.
After the order is delivered the admin can see the status of the order as Complete along with the delivery date.
The application provides a separate application login to the registered delivery boy.
The Delivery Boy can log in to the application from here, the login provides the delivery boy a facility to manage orders and chat with admin.
- Email- The Delivery boy can log in the system by entering the registered email.
- Password- The Delivery Boy needs to enter the password of the account to log in the application.
From the dashboard section, the delivery boy can view the pending, processing and complete order. He can also see the sales and order details from the dashboard.
The information displayed on the dashboard will show a quick guide to the performance of the delivery boy.
A new order will show as a pop up on the delivery boy screen. The delivery boy can accept or reject the order directly from the pop-up window.
Delivery boy will have to submit the reason if he cancels the order.
The delivery boy can click on the bell icon to view the notification which will notify him of any new order or message received by him from Admin.
Orders tab notifies the delivery boy about any new order received by him as assigned by admin.
The Delivery Boy can even find a drawer to navigate through the application where he could find-
The delivery boy can click on orders in the navigation drawer to view different orders assigned to him. Here, the delivery boy can see-
Processing Orders– Processing orders are those orders on which Delivery Boy is working and Pickup is being conducted.
Pending Order- Pending orders are those orders which are accepted by the delivery boy but Pickup is still pending.
Complete Order-Those order whose processing is complete and are delivered to the customer
The Delivery Boy can view the newly assigned order by clicking on the Order. Here, the delivery boy can pick up or reject the order.
The delivery boy needs to enter the reason for canceling the received order.
After pickup, the delivery boy can complete the order and click on Delivered which will open up a pop-up asking for OTP.
Here, the delivery boy enters the OTP which is received by the customer in the order section.
The customer can track the delivery boy activity from my order section.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Mobikul- Delivery Boy App still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better https://webkul.uvdesk.com.
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Android API Level 16+ & iOS Version 6+; Magento-2.0.x,2.1.x,2.2.x