The Magento 2 Custom Option Template extension will allow the admin to create an unlimited number of custom options from the admin back-end. After creating the custom options, the admin can easily add these custom options to his products. The admin can also add multiple custom options to each product.
In the default Magento, you had to create custom options by going individually to each of the products and then adding the custom options for each of the products separately. Now, using this extension you will easily create as many numbers of custom options as you want and can assign these custom options to the products as per need.
- Create an unlimited number of Custom Options.
- Set Multiple Custom Options on each product.
- Make the Custom Options as Required.
- Add Different types of Custom Options using the Option types – Text(Field, Area), File(File), Select(Drop-Down, Radio Buttons, Check-Box, and Multi-Select), and Date(Date, Date & Time, Time).
- Admin can create Custom Options very easily and very fast.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento 2 root directory on the server as shown below.
If you need to do the module translation, please navigate the following path in your system. app/code/Webkul/CustomOptionTemplate/i18n. Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in below screenshot.
Once you have opened the file for editing. Replace the words after the comma(,) on the right with your translated words.
After editing the CSV file, save it and then upload it to the same folder. Now your module translation is complete.
How To Use
After the successful installation of the extension, the admin will navigate to Custom Option Template.
Clicking the menu option “Custom Option Templates” will bring up another page to manage the custom options as shown below.
Create the custom options under the section Customizable Options and then by clicking the “Add Option” button.
Here, the admin can create the custom options using the Option Types –
- Text – Field, Area
- File – File
- Select – Drop-Down, Radio Buttons, Check-Box, and Multi-Select
- Date – Date, Date & Time, Time
and can make the custom options as required by checking the “Required” checkbox field.
Now, we will try creating a custom option- Color with the Option Type as “Radio” button with values Blue and Black as shown below in the snapshot. After entering all the required information, click the Save button to save this custom option and it’s option values.
- Here, select the Products for which you want to add the custom options.
- Select Assign Option from the drop-down.
- Select the Custom Option to add.
- Click the “Submit” button to apply the Custom Options.
Now, on the front-end, the customers can find the custom options on the product page as shown below.
Other product to which we have applied the same custom options.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Custom Option Template. Still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 2.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x