Using the Magento 2 B2B Customer Approval module, the admin can manage the customer registration and login to the store. The customer approval feature enables the admin to approve/disapprove any customer who register to the store.
The module allows the admin to restrict the customers from logging in to the store after their registration. And, the customer cannot log in to their accounts if their account is not approved by the admin.
Also, the admin can send the email notifications to the customers upon account approval and disapproval.
- Enable or disable the customer auto-approval feature.
- Allows admin to manage customer approval.
- Admin may check the customer current status as a pending, rejected or approved.
- Supports customer auto approve or manually approve feature.
- Configure the custom message for the customers when their account is not approved and try to log in.
- Configure the custom message for the customers after their registration.
- Add custom email templates for customer approval.
- Add custom email templates for customer disapproval.
- Add custom email templates for customer registration.
- The customers get notified when get approved by the admin.
- The customers get notified when get disapproved by the admin.
- Multiple customers can be approved by the admin.
- Multiple customers can be disapproved by the admin.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command – php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
For module translation, navigate to the following path in your system app/code/Webkul/CustomerApproval/i18n/en_US.csv. Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in the below screenshot.
Then replace the words after the comma(,) on the right in the file with your translated words.
After editing and translating the CSV file, you need to save the translated file name according to your region language and country code such as – de_DE.CSV. Followed by uploading the translated file to the same folder from where you have obtained it. Now your module translation is complete.
After the installation, the admin will configure the module settings by navigating to Stores -> Configuration -> Webkul -> Customer Approval as per the below image.
Here, the admin will –
- Enable Auto Approval for Customers: Set this to “No”, if want to disable the auto-approval and approve the customer accounts manually. Else, set this to “Yes”, if want the auto-approval for the customer accounts.
- Account not Approved Message After Login: Define the display message for the customers when their account is not approved and try to log in.
- Account not Approved Message After Registration: Define the display message for the customers after their registration and their account needs to approve.
- Customer Account Approval Email Template: Select the email template for the mail which will be sent to the customers when their account gets approved.
- Customer Account Disapproval Email Template: Select the email template for the mail which will be sent to the customers when their account gets disapproved.
- After Registration Email to Customer Template: Select the email template for the mail which will be sent to the customers after their registration.
And, lastly will hit the Save Config button to save the module configuration successfully.
Note: The admin can even create various custom email templates by navigating to the Marketing -> Communication -> Email Templates.
If the admin has set the “Enable Auto Approval for Customers” option to “No”. Then at the front end, the customer will get a message after their registration as per the below image.
After the registration, the customer will get a mail on their registered mail Ids as per the below image.
The message and mail will notify the customers that their account needs approval first. So, that the customers can log in into their accounts successfully.
If the admin has set the “Enable Auto Approval for Customers” option to “No”. Then at the front end, the customer login will have the following workflow as per –
When Account Is Not Approved:
The customers cannot log in and will get an error message when tries to log in. Because their account is not approved yet.
When Account Is Approved:
When the customer accounts get approved by the admin, they will get a mail as per the below image.
Once the account gets approved, the customers can log in to their account easily by navigating to the login page.
Note: The customers also get notified via mail when they are disapproved by the admin.
Customer Approval Management
The admin can easily approve or reject any customer. For this, the admin navigates to Customers -> All Customers.
Here, the admin can:
- View the complete list of the customers.
- Select the customers from the list whose accounts the admin wants to approve or reject.
- Next step is to select the “Customer Approval” option from the “Action” drop-down list then admin will get two options Approve and Reject.
- Select the “Approve” option from the “Customer Approval” if want to approve the customer.
- Else, select the “Reject” option from the “Customer Approval” drop-down if want to disapprove the customer.
- And, a pop will appear asking for the confirmation as shown below-
- The admin will hit the OK button to confirm the action.
- Admin may check the customer updated status as a pending, rejected or approved.
- Customer status has preset “Pending” after their registration to the store.
- Customer status will be “Pending” until status has changed as a “Rejected” or “Approved” by admin.
NOTE: The customers get notified via mail whether they are approved or rejected by the admin.
Another way of approving or disapproving the customer is by navigating to the Customer Information page as shown below-
Under the Account Information section, the admin will have Customer Status field. The admin will set this option to “Approved” if want to approve the customer.
Else, set this option to “Rejected” if want to disapprove the customer and set this option to “Pending” in case want to recheck the customer information.
That’s all for Magento 2 B2B Customer Approval module. Still, have any issue please feel free to add a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/
Current Product Version - 2.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x