EFK setup for Odoo offers integration of Elasticsearch, Fluentd and Kibana with the Odoo application, Postgresql database, backend web server (be it Nginx or Apache ) as a centralized logging and monitoring stack.
Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana abbreviated as EFK comprises a powerful logging and monitoring architecture which allows applications’ logs management, visualization, easier debugging in an interactive, user-friendly and centralized way.
- One-time installation and setup of Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana.
- Interactive and Customisable Kibana dashboard for Quick log access.
- Odoo logs detailed monitoring and facility of quick reviewing, by filtering logs on the basis of the database name, client IP address, Status code, Method, Odoo log level, etc.
- Postgresql database detailed log monitoring with the facility to review logs with filters like database name, database access count, database log level, etc.
- Detailed Web server access and error logs monitoring with the facility to filter logs on the basis of method, status, client IP address, log level, path, etc.
- Logs monitoring within the desired time window.
- Interactive graphical illustrations using pie charts, bar graphs, etc.
- User authentication management interface using Nginx or one of the Kibana’s plugins.
- Creation of admin user and read-only user to maintain panel access level.
EFK setup for Odoo plan involves one-time installation and setup of Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana on User/Customer provided servers and its integration with Odoo, PostgreSQL and Web server logs.
1.) Fluentd(or TD-agent) gets installed on the server where Odoo logs, PostgreSQL logs, and web server logs are present. If Odoo application and Postgresql database are on different nodes, then the TD-agent will be installed on both servers.
(a) Server root access or master access to install needed packages and software.
(b) As TD-agent (or Fluentd) acts as a log aggregator and shipper, sufficient RAM should be present on the server (at least 2 GB) apart from RAM allocation to Odoo application and database.
(c) In addition to this, make sure 4 GB swap memory is present to assist server RAM.
2.) A separate server would be required for Elasticsearch and Kibana. Server Configuration for this server node are:
(a) A scalable Ubuntu Server (version 14.04, 16.04 or 18.04).
(b) Server RAM: 6-8 GB
(c) Server Swap memory: 4 GB
(d) Server Disk Space: at least 30-50 GB (with the scope of upgradation).
(e) Server root access or master access to install needed packages and software.
HOW TO USE EFK Setup For Odoo
1.) Browse your Kibana panel URL and login with the provided non-admin user credentials.
2.) Once Kibana panel is accessible, select the time range for which you want to check your logs.
3.) In Kibana navigation sidebar, click on Discover tab, to check detailed information about server logs.
4.) Now click on Visualize tab, it offers indexes of individual data inspection from Kibana dashboard.
5.) Click on the Dashboard tab and go to individual logs window by clicking on Odoo, Nginx, PostgreSQL logs.
6.) Go to panel health monitoring section by clicking on Monitoring tab to view Elasticsearch and Kibana health status.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - ODOO