Warehouse management in the eCommerce store is an important part of your customers’ buying experience. Making sure products ordered are in stock and customers get what they purchased is crucial to provide good customer service.
A warehouse management system is a software application that supports the day-to-day operations of a warehouse. It enables centralized management of tasks such as tracking inventory levels and stock locations.
Webkul has now developed a separate Warehouse Management System for CS-Cart and Multivendor platforms viz; CS-Cart Warehouse Management System. This allows an admin and vendor to add & manage as many warehouse locations as desired. The nearby warehouse will be assigned automatically to the orders getting received at the stores as per the add-on settings provided at admin end. As, the product’s organization in different warehouses influences shipping times so it enhances the customer experience to a great extent.
Features and Benefits
The right Warehouse Management System can improve your sales and increase profits not simply by helping you sell more, but by selling faster and more accurately to happier customers. Here’s the list of features which CS-Cart Warehouse Management System provides.
- Well integrated with CS-Cart Multi-Vendor.
- Functionality to create numerous warehouses at Admin and vendor end.
- Functionality to add products & their inventories separately for the separate warehouses.
- Option to add multiple warehouse managers.
- Functionality to provide different privileges to warehouse managers.
- Export/import functionality for the warehouse products.
- The warehouse will be allocated to the orders for their fulfillment on the basis of distance APIs while order creation.
- Email notification to the concerned warehouse on a successful order creation. It means a nearby warehouse* (as per the add-on settings) holding proper inventories of the ordered products will be notified for further order processing.
- Functionality to assign/allocate warehouse manually to the orders from order manage page at the backend.
- A separate view of warehouse orders at the backend.
- Functionality to add warehouse notes for a particular order.
- Option to search orders on basis of the warehouse at the backend.
- Easy to configure and manage at admin end.
How To Upload And Install The Add-on
Go to Manage Add-ons, click on “+” as shown below in the snapshot.
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
Add-on installed successfully!
After add-on installation, click on Settings button to manage the add-on settings as shown below.
Add-on settings have 2 fields as explained below.
- Google Map Key- Enter the API keys of google map in order to calculate the distance between the customer shipping address & the warehouse location.
- Action on Qty Shortage- The nearest warehouse will be allocated automatically to the received orders. These different actions provided here are for the sake of assigning the warehouse to the received orders. So, In case of the quantity shortage ie; if there is not enough quantity in the nearest allocated warehouse to fulfill the order then, the other warehouse will be assigned/allocated as per the setting selected here.
Here’s the meaning of different selections in this field.
- Split– If you set “Split” here, this means that the nearest warehouse along with the next nearest warehouse having enough product quantity to fulfill any order will be assigned to that particular order.
- Select Nearest With Available– If you set “Select Nearest With Available” in the field, that means that the only warehouse nearest to the customer with enough available stock to process the order will be allocated to that order.
- Select Having Maximum- If you set “Select Having Maximum” here, then the warehouse having the maximum stock of the ordered product will be assigned to the order irrespective of the distance of warehouse from the customer’s shipping address.
3. Warehouse Quantity- Check the box if you want to add-up warehouse quantity as an actual quantity of the product. Otherwise the main quantity of the product and the warehouse quantities will be managed separately.
Just make the settings considering the explanations above and Save. This is all about the configurable settings of the add-on.
How To Add & Manage Warehouse At Backend
Both Vendors and Admin can add warehouses to the store. To add and manage the warehouses at Admin/vendor end, just navigate to Administration-> Shipping &Taxes-> Warehouse as shown below.
You can view and manage all the added warehouses here. Just click on the “+” button to add a new warehouse.
There are 3 different tabs with different fields for adding and managing the warehouses. Check the below screenshot for reference.
The first one is a General tab. The sections/fields provided here include-
- Enter the name of the warehouse.
- Select the vendor from the vendors’ dropdown list. Only root admin can select the vendor for whom the warehouse is being added. But if a vendor is adding his warehouse from the vendor panel then this option is autoselected.
- Mark the status of the warehouse (Active/Disabled)
- Contact Information
- Enter the email Id, Phone number, URL, and Fax details in this section. The orders notifications for this warehouse will be sent to the email id entered over here.
- Shipping Address
- Enter the warehouse address here. The distance calculations will be made on the basis of this address and the customer’s shipping address.
- Assign the warehouse manager(s) here from the available list of Vendor’s Administrators.
Once you click on the button to add a manager, you will get a list of the vendors’ administrator(s). Just select the user by checking the box and click to add.
The added manager can also be deleted as shown below.
You can also provide different privileges to the warehouse managers. In the User Groups section at backend, privileges to View Warehouse & Manage Warehouse has been provided as shown below.
Next tab is for Shipping. Here you can select the shipping methods from the available list which will be applicable to this warehouse.
The last tab is for adding products. Just click on +Add Products button and select the products for this warehouse from the available list.
After adding products, you can update the inventory of individual products available in this warehouse. You can just click on the gear button dropdown to delete the product from this warehouse.
Once you are done with all the necessary points to add a warehouse, just click on the Create button to create this at the backend.
This is how you can add a warehouse!
Now Let’s See How to Import & Export Warehouse Products data?
There is an option to import & export the warehouse products. Just navigate to Administrator -> Import data to import.
Once you click to import the data, you get different fields for adding the warehouse id and product options for a warehouse as shown below. Just add these in the datasheet to be imported.
To export the warehouse data, just navigate to Administration-> Shipping &Taxes-> Warehouse. Click the gear drop-down button for the desired warehouse and click on the Export Products to export the Warehouse Products.
Warehouse Orders At Backend
There is a separate tab for viewing warehouse orders at the backend. Go to Orders->Warehouse Order(s) as shown below.
All the orders which have been forwarded to the respective warehouses are listed here. You can filter out the particular warehouse orders by searching in the search field provided for Warehouse as shown below.
Although, the warehouses are allocated to the orders automatically on the basis of add-on settings. But there’s also an option to assign the warehouses to the received orders manually from the orders list page at the backend. Just select the orders and click to Assign Warehouse as shown below.
The assigned warehouse can be seen in the order details page as shown in the image below. The warehouse specific notes can also be added from here. A text box for the same has been provided on the order details page.
That’s all for our amazing – CS-Cart Warehouse Management Add-on.
Thank you for reading this!
Current Product Version - 1.1
Supported Framework Version - CS-Cart & MVE 4.7.x, 4.8.x, 4.9.x