Interact with the marketplace using Odoo Marketplace Web Services API!
API or Application Programming Interface is essential for any website or application. They also help two software programs communicate directly with each other and use functionality and data interchangeably.
Odoo Marketplace Web Services API discloses a variety of marketplace resources to Web API, which includes creating/becoming sellers, invoices, canceling seller orders, fetching seller lists, credit memos, etc.
In addition, you can use Odoo Marketplace functions for other applications like mobile apps, ERP, etc. Moreover, you can even use it for third-party marketplaces such as eBay, Etsy, Amazon, etc.
NOTE: Odoo Marketplace Web Services API works in conjunction with the following module:Searching for an experienced
Odoo Company ? Find out More
First, you must install these modules to your system for the Odoo Marketplace Web Services API to work correctly.
- Odoo Marketplace Web Services API exposes several marketplace resources to web API, such as becoming a seller, getting a seller’s list, invoices, credit memos, etc.
- The module provides admin and customer-level authentication for resources.
- It provides search criteria for seller lists and orders.
- Authenticate customers by token, oAuth, or session.
- The Odoo app further uses JSON format return in mobile and ERP devices.
- You can manage the marketplace add-on from other applications as well.
- Enable the app functionality by fetching the marketplace functions with the Marketplace API allowing customers to handle their Marketplace from their smartphones.
- The Odoo app further allows the integration of the mobile app to access web functionality.
- Marketplace API helps exchange data between the marketplace store and the API database-driven resource.
- Create application layers using the API and use it to distribute the information and services to a new customer.
- It also helps convey changes with time to conveniently populate data in real-time.
- You can efficiently transfer data to every channel where access is granted.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_marketplace_rest_api.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘odoo_marketplace_rest_api.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Let’s start the configuration of the Odoo Marketplace Web Services API.
1. Go to ‘Settings> Technical> Webservice Accounts’ after installation.
2. Now, click the ‘New’ button and create a web service API.
3. In the form, fill in the name, and click ‘Generate API Secret Key.’ Also, you need to specify for which purpose you need the API for
All- To perform and use all functions.
Specific- You need to define for which purpose the API will work. In addition, you can specify the actions read (get), Write (put), Create (post), and Unlink (delete).
OTHER ODOO MARKETPLACE MODULES
- Odoo Marketplace Vouchers
- Marketplace Facebook Catalog Integration
- Odoo Marketplace Hyperlocal System
- Odoo Marketplace Daily Deals
- Marketplace Seller Store Pickup
- Odoo Marketplace Google Shop
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the same, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 16, 15, 14