Distributed testing using JMeter in WooCommerce is a way to distribute the load generated by your performance tests across multiple machines or “slaves” in WooCommerce.
This allows you to simulate a larger number of virtual users and generate higher loads on your target application than a single machine can handle.
To set up distributed testing using JMeter in WooCommerce, you need to follow these steps:
Configure Your Test Plan for Distributed Testing using JMeter:
- Open your test plan in JMeter.
- Add the “Remote Start” and “Remote Stop” elements to your test plan. These elements are used to control the distributed test.
Configure Distributed Testing using JMeter Properties
jmeter.properties file (found in the JMeter
bin directory) on all the machines (the master and all the slaves) involved in the test.
remote_hosts property to specify the IP addresses or hostnames of your remote machines. For example:
Woocommerce Company ? Find out More
Start JMeter in Server Mode on Slaves
On each of the slave machines, start JMeter in server mode by running the following command:
Configure the Master Machine
- On the master machine, open JMeter and go to “Options” > “Remote Start.” This will open the Remote Start panel.
- Enter the IP addresses or hostnames of the slave machines in the “Remote Hosts” section.
- Set the test duration, number of threads, and other test parameters.
- Click “Start” to initiate the test on the remote machines.
Now we are good at starting a JMeter master test execution on the target server for multiple clients.
Limitations of Distributed Testing using JMeter
- The firewalls on the systems are turned off or the correct ports are opened.
- All the clients are on the same subnet.
- The server is in the same subnet.
- Make sure JMeter can access the server.
- Make sure you use the same version of JMeter and Java on all the systems.
For more details regarding distributed testing using JMeter: Check Blog
If you need any technical assistance, please reach us by mail at [email protected].
Also, discover various solutions to add more features and enhance your online store by visiting the WooCommerce plugins page.
Additionally, if you require expert assistance or want to develop custom unique functionality Hire WooCommerce Developers for your project.