Our Prestashop RMA (Return Management Authorization) can help you manage your returns effortlessly. Provide hassle-free returns process on your store. The intuitive and responsive request creation form embedded on the store makes it extremely easy for the customers to raise the return request.
Create flexible return policies that suit your needs and those of your customers. This extension enables you to set different return policies for individual products and categories.
Track and manage all your returns from one place. View request information, change statuses, add comments or attach files. Additionally, you can analyze the efficiency of your RMA system with RMA statistics.
Create better customer satisfaction, increase retention, and boost your sales by integrating a powerful RMA system with your Prestashop store.
Note: PrestaShop RMA module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x and multi-store feature.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
- Configure the order status(es) on which customers can raise RMA requests.
- Customers can choose “drop at store” or “pickup” option while creating an RMA request.
- Email to admin on the RMA request generation by the customer.
- An inbuilt conversation system through which both admin and customers can communicate with each other.
- Email notification to admin for every message sent by the customer.
- Select a separate email id for receiving RMA request emails.
- The store admin can also select the return address where customer needs to send the package in case pickup facility is disable.
- The store admin can add and manage RMA status and the return reasons.
- Add dynamic email content for each RMA status.
- Create multiple return types like return, replace, repair, etc and associate them with return reasons and policies.
- Show employee name who has updated the RMA status.
- Select the categories for which the return reason will be applicable.
- Add and manage RMA policies for refund, replacement, and repair.
- Select the specific categories and product(s) on which the RMA policy will be applicable.
- Assign policy to the specific order from the back office.
- Admin can refund for the product amount and shipping amount partially or in full.
- Admin can refund the amount into the customer’s wallet.
- With restock products quantity feature, admin can return the product quantity to the store for which customers place RMA request.
- Admin can view the conversation history between it and customer from the backend.
- The store admin can add the notes regarding RMA requests for its own reference.
- A separate panel for admin from where it can view the total number of RMA requests placed products wise and customer wise.
- Allows customers to request for the refund, replacement, and repair for the products purchased within a limited period of time.
- A message to the customer whenever admin updates the RMA status.
- Customers can view current RMA state, RMA status, and product details for which they create RMA requests.
- Upon RMA request approval, both the admin and customer can download return PDF containing the request details.
- Email notification to the customers for every message sent by admin.
- Email notification to the customer whenever the status of RMA request changes.
- Customers can view the list of products for which they have placed an RMA request.
- Guest RMA feature through which the guest customers can also raise RMA request for the orders placed.
How to Install Prestashop RMA
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the Prestashop RMA module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the Prestashop RMA module installation will be successful.
After the installation of the module, you need to configure it.
The Prestashop RMA module configuration consists of five sections:
- Return Reasons
- Return Type
Now let’s discuss them one by one.
Under Global settings, the admin can:
- Configure the order status for RMA.
- Select CMS page for terms & conditions and default RMA policy.
- Select the default RMA status that will display while raising the RMA request.
- Select the RMA approved status.
- Choose to refund the amount into the customer’s wallet.
- Enable the creation of RMA requests for virtual products.
NOTE: To enable the wallet feature, the admin needs to install our Prestashop Customer Wallet module.
Under RMA Guideline, the admin can set a custom message that will display to the customer after placing an RMA request. Also, the admin can select a CMS page to display in the guideline message.
Under the mail settings, the admin can choose to:
- Receive email when customer creates an RMA request or customer sends a message.
- Send email to customer when he sends a message.
Under Contacts, the admin can:
- Specify the email id on which he wants to receive the RMA request emails.
- Enable or disable the product pickup.
- Select the RMA status on which email for the return address is sent to the customer if the pickup is disabled.
If pickup is disabled, then the admin needs to specify the address where the customer needs to send the product.
Under the update policy tab, the admin can assign the RMA policy to the orders received before the installation of the PrestaShop RMA module.
Suppose, the admin has installed the PrestaShop RMA module on 13th June 2022. This means the RMA policy will not apply to the orders received before 13th June.
The admin can also select the date range and the RMA policy is applied to the orders received during this period.
PDF doc content
Under this tab, the admin can add and manage the RMA statuses. 11 predefined RMA statuses are available in the module. Admin can edit or delete these statuses. Also, the admin can choose on which RMA status he wants to send an email to the customer.
Click on Add new RMA status button to create a new status.
Upon clicking the button, a form appears with the following options:
- Status name: Specify the RMA status name that will display to the customer at the front end.
- State of the status: Select the RMA state of the status that will display on the RMA Details page.
- Set the color in which the status will highlight on the request details page.
- Mail content: Further in this field, the admin needs to specify the text to be sent in an email to the customer when the status of RMA is changed. The admin can use the predefined variables in the mail content.
The admin can choose to send an email to the customer when the RMA status gets updated. Moreover, the admin can select the status of the RMA state.
Set status as pickup
Further, If enabled for this status(pickup), then the pick up date option gets available when the admin changes the status to pickup.
Set status as package received
If enabled for this status(Package received), then “package received date” is added when the admin changes the RMA Status to package received.
Set status as refunded
If enabled for this status(refund initiated), then “refund details” options gets available when admin changes the RMA Status to refund initiated.
Under the Return Reasons tab, the admin can add and manage the return reasons that customers can select while raising the RMA request. 9 predefined return reasons are available in the module and the admin can add as many reasons as he wants. Also, the admin can enable or disable and edit or delete the return reason.
Click on the Add new RMA reason to create a new return reason. On clicking the button, a form will appear with the following options:
- Reason name – Enter the return reason name here.
- Return type – Select the return type as refund, replace, or repair.
- Category – Select the categories for whose products the return reason will be applicable.
Under the Return Type tab, the admin can add and manage the return type that customers can select while raising the RMA request. While adding a return reason, the admin can associate RMA type with it.
Click on the Add new RMA type button to create a new return type. On clicking the button, a form will appear with the following options:
- Return type name: Enter the return type name here.
- Number of days: Configure the number of days within which the customers can return the product from delivery.
- Color for graph: Set the color of return type here.
Under the policies tab, the admin can add and manage the RMA policies.
Click on Add new policy button to create a new return policy. On clicking the button, a form with the following options appears on the page.
- Policy name and description – Enter the policy name and description to display under the RMA tab on the product page.
- Select CMS – Select the CMS page whose link will display under the RMA policy tab.
- Select allow return type – Select the return type here.
- Select category – Here, the admin can select the categories for which he wants to assign the RMA policy.
- Add products – The admin can also apply the RMA policy on specific products.
Once added, the admin can view it under the policies tab.
Front End View
Once the RMA policy is assigned to the product, a new tab RMA Policy gets available along with the Description and Product Details tabs. From here, the customers can view return policy applicable on the product.
Front End Workflow
After the installation of the module, a new tab Dispute Manager gets available in the customers’ account. From here, the customers can view a list of all the RMA requests they have raised.
After placing an order, the customers can place an RMA request when the status of an order changes to the configured status.
Once the status of order changes to the status selected by the admin for placing an RMA request, then a “RETURN REQUEST” button gets available on the order details page.
On clicking the button, a popup form appears on the page. In the form, the customer has to select return type, reason, pickup address, and specify the description. Also, a customer can choose to upload files in case he intends to show the condition of the product.
However, if the admin has disabled the product pickup, then the return address will display on the dispute request form.
On submitting the RMA request, an email is sent to the admin.
Once the customer has submitted the return request, he gets redirected to the RMA details page. Further, on this page, the customer can view request information and the current state of the request. Also, a customer can communicate with the admin by sending messages.
On submitting the RMA request, an email containing the default RMA status and new RMA request message is sent to the customer.
A customer can view all the RMA requests placed under the dispute manager tab.
Customers can also raise RMA request by clicking on the Add new request button.
On clicking the details button, a dispute form opens on the page from where customers can raise RMA request.
After the installation of the module, a new tab “Guest RMA” gets available under Your Account on the store.
Consequently, the guest users can raise the RMA requests once the order status changes to the status required for placing RMA requests.
Admin can view all the RMA requests placed and RMA stats under the “Return Requests” tab.
Under RMA Requests, the admin can view:
- Name of customers who have placed the RMA request.
- Return type.
- Current status of the request.
- Date on which the RMA request is placed.
Admin can also create an RMA request for a customer’s order by clicking on the “Add new request” button.
Accordingly, the admin needs to specify the reference of an order for which he wants to create an RMA request. Upon entering the order reference, product details, order date and price gets displayed.
When the admin clicks on the details button, the dispute request form opens on the page where the admin can select the required details and submit the return request.
Return Request Process
The admin can see complete details of the request by clicking on the View button.
A customer receives an email notification when the admin sends a message. Also, the customer can view the message on the RMA Details page.
Admin can update the status of RMA under the Status tab of the RMA request page.
The RMA state gets changed according to the status added by the admin for the particular RMA state. The option to download return PDF gets available for both admin and customer once the status of RMA request has been updated to RMA Approved. Return request information can be seen in the PDF.
The customer can view the message, updated RMA status, and updated RMA state on the RMA Details page.
After the approval of RMA request, the product gets picked up on the date set by admin.
Front End View
Upon receiving the package, the admin can update the RMA status. The RMA state gets changed according to the status set by the admin for the particular RMA state.
Front End View
Once the admin has updated the RMA status then the customer can view the message, updated RMA status, and RMA state.
After receiving the package admin can verify the product and initiate the refund process.
Admin can make the full or partial refund for the product and shipping amount.
After processing the refund, the admin can now close the RMA request.
The admin or employee can view a full summary of the request under the Summary tab.
Front End View
Under RMA Stats, the admin can view requests placed for refund, replacement, and repairment in a day, month, or year.
Total RMA Status
Under Total RMA Status, the admin can view:
- Total number of customers who have placed RMA requests on the store.
- Total number of refund, replacement, and repair requests placed.
Product Wise Status
Under Product Wise Status, the admin can view a list of products for which customers have raised RMA requests.
Customer Wise Status
Lastly, view total requests placed for refund, replacement, and repair by a particular customer.
This was all about Prestashop RMA Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 6.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x