Upload Attachments While Creating Order with Odoo Website Product Files Upload!
Sometimes customers want to add attachments related to product requirements while making the purchase from the website. Chat systems and emails are a very long process to convey messages to the seller regarding the product requirements.
The feature of uploading files while making the purchase from the website attracts customers to your website. It gives a better customer experience and makes the process easier for customers as well as sellers.
Odoo Website Product File Upload module facilitates your customers to upload multiple files while creating the order from Odoo Website. Admin can define the maximum file upload size from the backend and also set the users for file upload.
Admin can configure file upload settings as required or optional as per the requirement of the product.
Odoo Company ? Read More
The Customers can add attachments to the product only when the file upload option is enabled on the product by the seller from the backend.
- Admin can enable Odoo Website Product File Upload from the backend.
- They can set if the upload type for the file is required or optional according to product and requirements.
- Admin can set the max upload attachment files size on the Odoo website.
- Also, they can set file upload for both; all users and logged-in users.
- For a single product, customers can upload multiple files.
- Customers can upload files in jpg, pdf, and png formats.
- Users can delete the attachments directly via the Delete button.
- They can add the same file again after deleting, without any hassle.
- Customers can convey their message to the seller while placing the order from Odoo Website.
- Users need to add the ‘Required Upload’ type while adding the product to the cart.
- In the case of the ‘Optional Upload’ type, users can upload the files on the ‘Payment’ page or even after placing the order.
- Admin can check the product attachment from the Odoo Backend in a separate menu.
- They can also download the user uploaded attachments from the backend.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_cart_upload_attachments’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then, click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then, search ‘website_cart_upload_attachments’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly, login to the ‘Odoo Instance’ and go to the ‘Website’ module.
- Now, go to the Products and open the product page for which you want to configure the Product file upload settings.
- Here, go to the Product File Upload Settings under the eCommerce tab.
- Enable File upload at Website if you want to allow product file upload for that particular product.
- After enabling website product file upload, you have 2 options either to select Upload Required or Upload Optional, you can configure the settings as per the product requirement.
- Now, go to the ‘Websites’ under the ‘Configuration’ menu. Here, configure the Website Product File Upload maximum file upload size and set the users to upload file.
- User Error appears while adding the product to cart in case if the required file upload is selected from the backend configuration.
- In case of Optional File upload, customers can upload the file even after making the payment for the product from the website.
- Check product file attachment from the backend.
USER GUIDES FOR OTHER MODULES
Odoo Website Product Files Upload helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.2
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V15, V14, V13