Increase Search Speed With Odoo Backend Elastic Search!
Imagine! Spending time in searching. Bored? Now, speed up your search using Elastic Search. Elasticsearch is a full-text search and analytics engine used to provide real-time search results on their site.
In the long menu list, it becomes tedious to search the item with loading. Elastic Search helps the user to search their requirements in a fraction of time which saves time.
Make your Odoo Backend search more user-friendly by using an elastic server – it’ll be faster, smarter, and more responsive.
Odoo Backend Elastic Search module facilitates the user by providing many-to-one widgets in form view at Odoo backend, which stores the data of selected modules like Sale Order, Products, Customer, and others that are not transient.
Odoo Company ? Read More
It enables you to swiftly store, explore, and analyze large amounts of data in order to monitor. This mechanism is what makes Elasticsearch significantly faster and more efficient at searching even in the most remote locations.
- Use Elasticsearch to improve search speed and accuracy in Odoo.
- Create an index on an elastic server to help backend users.
- Stores the data of selected modules like Sale Order, Products, Customer, and others that are not transient.
- Users can map the data on the elastic server and make it visible in the backend.
- Choose the domain to be mapped and indexed in the elastic server.
- Select the fields to be indexed to the elasticsearch.
- The load doesn’t slow down the search in Your Odoo Backend.
- Show Instant Results Related to the search.
- Enable suggestions while typing.
- Set number of suggestions to be displayed for any entered query.
- Choose whether to show images in suggestions.
- After scheduling the module automatically maps the details to the Elasticsearch index.
- App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file from your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘wk_backend_elasticsearch’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then, click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then, search ‘wk_backend_elasticsearch’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly, login to the ‘Odoo Instance’ and go to the ‘Elastic Backend Search’.
- Click on the ‘Create’ button to create ‘Elastic Index’.
- Configure Elastic Search Parameter. Add Model Name, Index Name, View In, and also Index Name.
- Map Fields by clicking on Add a line.
- Click on Create Mapping to Map the records.
- You can see that the Elastic Index is in the Draft State.
- Message appears on the screen after successfully creating the Elastic Index.
- Now, you can see that the Elastic Index is in Confirm State.
- Click on Create/Update Index to synchronize the data.
- Message appears on the screen after successfully synchronizing the records.
- You can see that the records are now shown in the Elastic Index.
- Now, go to the ‘Connection Setting’ under the ‘Configuration’ menu.
- Here, the user can test the connection.
- Here, is the Sale Order Elastic Search View. Now, the user can choose their products in fraction of time with the product image which reduces the chances of mistake in choosing the right product.
USER GUIDES FOR OTHER MODULES
User Guide For Odoo Matomo (formerly Piwik) Integration
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V15, V14, V13, V12, V11
Leave a Comment