Remove Linguistic and Currency Barriers From Your Website with Odoo GeoIP Redirect!
The most crucial aspect of attracting a customer to your online or offline store is to provide convenience so that they can purchase things without fuss.
When a customer visits a website and encounters an unfamiliar language, they promptly shut the website. As a result, when you want to trade your goods all over the world, the linguistic gap is the most bothersome.
It is highly necessary for the website to support multi-language options to reach out to wider audiences in order for the business to grow in this ever-evolving e-commerce world.
Odoo GeoIP Redirect module bridges political boundaries and helps your customers to surf your website in their own language irrespective of their location. The module automatically detects the IP location of the visitor and redirects them to the website in their own language and currency.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
Customers can change the language and currency preference of the website according to their needs. Moreover, you can restrict any particular region or IP to access the website.
- Auto-detect IP address of the customer.
- Auto-redirect to store as per the customer’s location.
- Redirect customers to appropriate store or custom URL.
- Display content on the website as per customer’s language.
- Automatically switch currency based on customer’s location.
- Display price of products as per customer’s local currency.
- Restrict visitors of particular IP addresses/countries.
- Ignore search engines and user agents.
- Customers will have the flexibility to change store manually too.
- Admin has flexibility to redirect visitors for each visit or only for the first one.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file from your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘geoip_redirect’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then, click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then, search ‘geoip_redirect’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly, login to the ‘Odoo Instance’ and go to the ‘Website’ module.
- Now, click on the Configuration button next to the GeoIP Redirect.
- Now, Tick ‘Hide Language Option On Website’ to disable the option to change the language and currency on the website.
- Tick ‘Enable Auto Redirect’ to allow the website to redirect the site automatically according to the GeoIP location of the customer.
- Tick/untick ‘Enable GeoIP Redirect’ to activate/deactivate the language and currency conversion feature on the website.
- Now, click on the ‘Country Mapping’ submenu under Configuration. Then, click on ‘Create’ to add a new language on the website.
- You can also add a custom Url so the customer is redirected to that particular webpage after selecting the respective country.
- To block any region from accessing the site, click on ‘Restricted IP’ submenu under Configuration. Click on create button.
- First, select the website. Then, select whether you wish to restrict a country or an IP address.
- At the bottom left corner of the homepage, you will be able to see the list of languages.
- A pop shows up whenever a person from the restricted country/IP address tries to access the website.
ALSO, REFER THE USER GUIDES OF OTHER MODULES
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V15, V14, V13, V12, V11, V10