As Magento default custom registration form is not extendable, Magento Custom Registration Fields module is the perfect choice for the store owners to extend custom fields for sign up form. Magento Custom Registration Fields module enables the admin to fetch more information from the customer. Using this module you can extend your customer sign up form. Various types of fields can be created for new customer registration form.
The admin can create customizable fields using following input types – multi-select, drop-down, text area, dependable fields The custom registration fields can be displayed in the sales order, invoice, and email.
- Admin can easily extend the sign-up form.
- Easy to use from Magento back-end and supported by all HTML input types.
- Works with all the Magento versions including 1.8 and 1.9
- Admin can create any type of the input field and insert into the registration form.
- The Admin can add or delete a Customer.
- Support all input types including dropdown, dependable field, multi-select and image upload during sign up form.
- Admin can set validation type for all custom registration field. For example, a valid number, use the number only, avoid spaces, use the valid date, etc.
- The Admin can enable or disable a Custom Registration field.
- The Admin can edit or delete the added Custom Registration Field.
- The Custom Registration Fields are visible in Sales Email.
- The Custom Registration Fields are also visible in Sale’s order and invoice.
- The code is fully open & you can customize it according to your need.
- A fully dynamic module that means you don’t need any technical knowledge to extend sign-up form fields.
- Multi-Lingual support / All language working including RTL
Installation Of Magento Custom Registration Fields
After the installation, the admin can configure the module settings by navigating to System > Configuration > Webkul > Customer Registration Fields as per the below image.
- Enabled : Admin can select whether these policies will be visible on customer registration page or not.
- Privacy Popup Model Heading : Here admin enters the heading of privacy popup model.
- Terms & Conditions Model :Terms & Conditions Model :Terms & Conditions Model :Terms & Conditions Model :Terms and Condition Popup Model Heading : Here admin enters the heading of terms and condition popup model.
- Model Button Text : Admin enters the text button which will appear on the model.
- Model Button Text Color : Can provide hex color code for the color of the model button text or leave blank for default color.
- Model Button Color : Can provide hex color code for the color of the model button or leave blank for default color.
- Model Header Background Color : Terms & Conditions Model : Can provide hex color code for the color of the model header background or leave blank for default color.
- Model Header Text Color : Can provide hex color code for the color of the model header text or leave blank for default color.
- Model background Color : Can provide hex color code for the color of the model background or leave blank for default color.
- Show Content As : Admin can show content as “HTML” or “Text”.
- Terms and Condition Content : Here admin can enter Terms & Conditions.
- Content Text Color : Can provide hex color code for the color of the model content text or leave blank for default color.
The admin will also configure the allowed extensions for images and files which the user can upload –
- Allowed extensions for images – set allowed extensions for images.
- Allowed extensions for files – set allowed extensions for files.
Custom Registration Fields
The admin can create the custom registration fields by navigating to Custom Registration Fields -> Add/Manage Fields as per the screenshot.
Here, the admin can –
- View the complete list of custom registration fields.
- Edit or delete the Custom Registration Fields.
- Add a new field by clicking on the Add Field button.
After clicking on the Add Field button, a Custom registration form will be open as per the below image.
Here, the admin can see many parameters for the custom registration field. Let’s discuss them one by one –
In the Label, you need to give the name of the custom field which will be visible on the front end.
Here admin can enter input form field name.
There are many types of the custom fields the admin can add –
Text– Text field enables the user to type the small amount of text.
Text Area– If Admin needs to obtain more than one line of input from the user, then use a text area.
Date- The admin can enable the user to enter the date.
Dropdown– Using drop-down, you can select only one option. In case of a drop-down, the admin will set value and title separated by a comma. For eg. value1=>title1,value2=>title2
Use of space and another special character will lead to wrong selection.
Multiple Select– Using Multiple Select more than one option in the list can be selected.
Boolean(Yes/No)- The admin can enable the user to enter the information using Yes/No values.
Media Image and File Image– Admin can create Media Image and File Image type and also set the extension for both. For an example, This field will help in case of admin want to see customer profile picture during sing up.
Dependable Field– Admin can set Type as a dependable field. During dependable field, If the customer chooses an option and on the selection of the option another field will be open up. In case of Dependable Field, you have to mention Dependable field label, name, the value required, validation type, field type.
This field allows the admin to define the order of the Customs Registration Fields on the front end.
This field is used to make the custom field required or not.
The admin can enable the visibility of the custom fields in several places as per the choice.
Admin can set validation type for all custom registration field. For example, a valid number, use the number only, avoid spaces, use the valid date, etc.
If the admin will enable this field then the custom field will show on Account Info.
If the admin will enable this field then the custom field will show on Sales Email.
The Admin can also enable or disable the field.
After creating the custom registration fields the admin can view these fields while creating the customer or editing the customer details.
For this, the admin has to navigate through Customers > Manage Customers and then clicks on Add New Customer.
The Admin has to enter all the required details as shown below:
The Admin can view Custom Registration Fields for the Customer from here.
Custom Registration Fields will also appear in –
- Sale’s Order:
Custom Registration Field will appear on customer sign up form as per the screenshot.
Terms & Conditions
Privacy & Cookies
That’s all for the Magento Custom Registration Field module. Still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better webkul.uvdesk.com.
Current Product Version - 2.1.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.4.x.x, 1.5.x.x, 1.6.x.x, 1.7.x.x, 1.8.x.x, 1.9.x.x, 2.0.x , 2.1.x