With the advancement in technology people, today are more likely to use a mobile app rather than a website.Customer wishes to access things from anywhere and anytime. According to a survey, today e-commerce market is following the ‘go mobile or perish’. So keeping this in mind Mobikul has developed, Mobikul VirtueMart App for an e-commerce website on VirtueMart, a Joomla extension.This app can prove to be a complete solution for increasing the sale of products. With its multiple features, it can prove to be a great way to engage the customers.
- Supports basic VirtueMart Product Types(except custom field).
- Interactive banner.
- Latest Product Section, Top Ten Product, Featured product and Recent Product( as enabled by admin in the shopfront settings).
- Category carousel.
- Provides the customers with layered navigation for optimized search.
- Informative and interacting shopping app with a fast and intuitive response.
- Supports Multiple Currency Method.
- Supports ordering via phone, cash on delivery, money order and personal cheque as payment methods.
- Well configured and easy to use at admin end.
The homepage of the application is very user-friendly to ease the customer. The homepage contains features like- category carousel, banner slider, list of latest product and Top ten product.
- Banner slider- This section is the best way for an admin to advertise the product or category, best offers, new arrival and many more. It is an attractive feature as it could be visible to the customer in the form big banners, sliding automatically through the page.
- Category carousel- The categories can be displayed in the form of the carousel which is connected with the list of product(s).
- Latest Product- The admin can display newly arrived product in the form of a list. This can facilitate the customer to find the new arrivals of the store and select it from.
- Top Ten Product- This section is to display the best ten product of the store which is searched by our customer.
- Featured Product- Exclusive collection of the store is visible here by admin to showcase the collection.
- Recent Product- Those products which are checked by any user.
Note- These section Latest, Top Ten, Featured and Recent products will appear as per shopfront settings.
Often customer wishes not to scroll through the whole app to buy a product.This feature gives the functionality to search for the product by either typing the keyword or voice search(where you can speak the keyword).The customer can select from multiple suggestions appearing below the search box. This is a quick process of the search to find the desired product.
Left Navigation Panel
The left navigation drawer is for systemized navigation in the application. It contains a list of categories and option to select from multiple currencies.
Categories and All Products
This app permits all the products of the store to display, in the form of a list of category. The customer can easily click on a category to see the products related to it. The collection page will appear by clicking on one of the categories, the customer changes the view of this collection page among List and Grid view.
Further, on the product page, the customer can add the product to cart after reviewing the description of the product.
Our application gives the functionality to select from multiple currencies to the customer.The amount of the product gets converted when a particular currency is selected.
Account- Login/Sign Up
The customer can Sign up or Login the application, from the Account tab. This tab will open up a page in the app from where the customer can click on Login to enter following details.
- Name-The customers need to enter their name.
- Username-Then the customer can enter the username which is used to log in the application.
- Password- The customer then needs to enter the secret password which is again used for log in the application.
- Email address- The customer need to enter a valid email address, which can be alternatively used in place of username to login the application or receive any emails.
After a successful registration, the customer can sign in the application everytime he/she wishes to use the same.
The Account tab contains the address information also which can be used for completion of the order. The customer can click on address icon to view both billing as well as shipping addresses.
- The billing address can be updated by the customer by clicking on Update.
- For shipping address, one can enter multiple shipping addresses which can be either same as billing or multiple other addresses can be added.On clicking select button customer can select one address as the shipping address as default for checkout.
Cart and Checkout Process
After successfully, login the application the customer easily shop for products of the store. The cart page will have the products which customer wish to purchase. For this, the customers need to click on Add To Cart button on the product page.
The Cart page have multiple additional functionalities-
- Update Cart- This is to amend the cart once the product is added to the cart.
- Continue Shopping- This option is for further shopping of products.
- Clear Cart-This is to remove all items from the cart and make it empty.However, by click on delete button, one can delete a particular product from cart.
After, the completing the update on cart page the customer can finalize and proceed to checkout.
The checkout process is in our Mobikul application is said to be one-page checkout process, that will involve three steps-
- Billing and Shipping Address-Here the customer can enter the billing and shipping address as per the requirement.
- Shipping Option-The customer select among multiple shipping options, which will appear as per the shipping address of the customer or as enabled by admin.
- Payment Option- The customer can select among the payment gateways enabled by the admin, for the payment of the purchase.
The customer has to choose the above details and click on Continue, which will lead to a success message of order placement.
The customer can see the placed orders history in My Order section in Account Tab. The customer can view all the orders placed in this section.The orders contain details like-
- The date when the order was placed along with the time.
- The Order Id of the orders, delivery date and the amount paid for the order by the customer.
To see a particular order the customer needs click on a particular order where the shipping and billing address and complete payment details(sub-total, shipping fee, taxes, etc.) are mentioned.
For any query or suggestion/customization request get back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Joomla 3.x , Virtuemart 3.2.x, Android 4.4 and above